Tennessee Lady Vol News

Tennessee beat LSU last year in the SEC tourney and upgraded their roster pretty much from top to bottom.
Tennessee does have to replace Horston, a player who seems to fit a little bit better in the W and has reached her full potential.
On the other hand, LSU loss far more than Tennessee did in terms of their scoring production and leadership with 3 starters graduating.
Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Texas A&M are teams that Tennessee can exploit several advantages against in head to head games. Whether or not the staff can play to their advantages effectively is to be seen.
Tennessee has players in Destinee Wells and Jewel Spear that are built to thrive in the SEC.
These are players that have had career games against the experts and analysts #1 portal transfer.
To get them both (Wells & Spear) is remarkable. This team has championship caliber personnel.

Ummm, even with LSU's losses they upgraded big time. You have it out for them for some reason don't you, MSVolFan?

I don’t know who you think you’re talking to on this forum because I couldn’t care less what happens with LSU. The only time I watched them play a full game last year was when they played Tennessee and neither time LSU looked to be a superior team.
If you think the production these players will have at LSU will equal to big upgrades you will be sadly mistaken.

Yes, that LSU added Van Lith was huge. That kid is one of the most competitive in the country, and if she and Reese have good chemistry ... yikes!

i agree competitive kid for sure. When HVL is on she is a monster !! I'm just glad we picked up one of our own who scored 34 points on HVLs team. My favorite is at the 50 second mark... 💎 crossed her up and left in the dust 💨

Last edited:
@VA_VOLFAN. Thank you!
This speaks volume. People are misguided now a days by social media hype and mainstream media. There’s nothing on the basketball court that any guard sign out of the portal can do that isn’t matched or in some instances favors the ability of Destinee Wells and Jewel Spear. All people have to do is watch the games. Get off social media and mute the sport news pundits for a minute, and see it in reality. 34 points and it was effortlessly done.

Okay...She will be "hidden" this year, I guess....so to speak...
Doesn’t she have to sit out a year as a pre graduate second transfer?

Edit: …POP. …yes, you may recognize that sound… 🥲
She entered the portal late, not second transfer. There are a few still rolling around up there…

Last edited:
i agree competitive kid for sure. When HVL is on she is a monster !! I'm just glad we picked up one of our own who scored 34 points on HVLs team. My favorite is at the 50 second mark... 💎 crossed her up and left in the dust 💨

The best thing about HVL on LSU is that she will provide Angel with plenty of offensive put back opportunities.;)

The OVs are in full swing. Tennessee ain’t hard to find..
2023 Signees
Destinee Wells elite PG ✅
Jewel Spear elite G✅
Avery Strickland sharpshooter TN native✅
Talaysia Cooper G 5star former McD All-American ✅
Future HS commitments
Nyla Brooks G 5-star projected McD All-American
Kaniya Boyd 4-star (D) in the philosophy of Coach Prime a player that receives this description has the dog mentality.
Finley Chastain PG projected 5star top 5 2027 prospect.

GBO🍊

The best thing about HVL on LSU is that she will provide Angel with plenty of offensive put back opportunities.;)
Great call lol. Going to be interesting to see how shots get distributed btw Angel, Morrow, Williams, HVL and Flau. I expect Angel's numbers to go down this year, which is great news for SEC POY Rickea Jackson.
Their freshman, Mikaylah Williams, really impressed me.
That's what I keep hearing. Balled out repeatedly for USA.

Wonder how Kim did in high school chemistry?

I'm so confused about practice. I thought that wasn't until October? OTOH, they seem like they're always practicing. I know they do strength and conditioning and one on one w coaches in summer, and I get they got a few full practices before Europe. But this year it seems like they're always doing full team practice. Which is fine, the more the better, I just don't get the schedule.

Reactions: travis929
I saw many other teams in the SEC post video clips via their social media pages showing team practices/workouts.

I’ve been waiting to see the LVs hit the court and based on the short clips and images it’s apparent this group has been WORKING!
The players appear to be in great basketball shape.

Great call lol. Going to be interesting to see how shots get distributed btw Angel, Morrow, Williams, HVL and Flau. I expect Angel's numbers to go down this year, which is great news for SEC POY Rickea Jackson.

I’d be more interested in how she does in the kitchen… 🤣

Reactions: glv98

It should be interesting for that POY award this upcoming season. We also have alot more offensive options this year with Spear and Wells coming in, the return of Key and continued growth of Hollingshead. Don't really expect Rickea's scoring to go up much from last year although I think her efficiency numbers will continue to climb. The improvement of field goal percentage from Mississippi State to Tennessee was remarkable in year one here. Should be even better because of the offensive options around her this year and teams will not be able to double team her defensively.

Last year you could see certain players come out scared/nervous in big games, so do we have someone on this team who will have that ‘refuse to lose’ mentality? Who will be the DAWG? Who will play with confidence, determined, relentless, unafraid and fearless, because that’s what this team needs. It’s not just the body, it’s the heart and mind.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Last year you could see certain players come out scared/nervous in big games, so do we have someone on this team who will have that ‘refuse to lose’ mentality? Who will be the DAWG? Who will play with confidence, determined, relentless, unafraid and fearless, because that’s what this team needs. It’s not just the body, it’s the heart and mind.

GO LADY VOLS!!!
We know Jackson will and you have to think all the players now upper classmen with a lot of experience will play a lot more confident and aggressive. I am still taking Sarah Puckett as my breakout player think she will be much improved and effective this coming season.

VN Store

Back