Tennessee Lady Vol News

I think it could be a situation where she is bulking up to add muscle then will slim down in the next phase of this type of strength and muscle building program. Body Builders and other athletes do this all the time to add muscle in large voume then when they slim down they will end up with a lot more lean weight and far less body fat. If she is eating the right foods to do this then she could be awesome physically by the start of the season or soon thereafter. Stronger and quicker than she was before.
I'm really amazed that fans are criticizing who is obviously our best player and was the best player on Americup.

Two months ago she was the best player by far in the Americup and now this BS?
Come on people, this is the player UT will hang its immediate future on,,,ignorant posts about her taking a couple of months off to be a human instead of a robot and the torches come out.

Consider, I just went into semi-retirement. For three months I watched tv and did little more than walk to my mailbox. When I went into this phase I was 6' 182 lbs and my BP was always 110-115/70-75 (I am 63 yrs old). I recently went to the VA for my yearly blood/urine analysis...my weight was 202.3 and my BP was 135/95. This happened to me in the span of about 3-1/2 months. . . In less than one month, I am now at 186 and my BP this morning was 121/85....If I, at 63 can make such a huge change in a single month,,imagine what a world-class athlete can do.

@3meeks2001 is right in saying:
I'm really amazed that fans are criticizing who is obviously our best player and was the best player on Americup.

Get a grip!

Come on people, this is the player UT will hang its immediate future on,,,ignorant posts about her taking a couple of months off to be a human instead of a robot and the torches come out.

Consider, I just went into semi-retirement. For three months I watched tv and did little more than walk to my mailbox. When I went into this phase I was 6' 182 lbs and my BP was always 110-115/70-75 (I am 63 yrs old). I recently went to the VA for my yearly blood/urine analysis...my weight was 202.3 and my BP was 135/95. This happened to me in the span of about 3-1/2 months. . . In less than one month, I am now at 186 and my BP this morning was 121/85....If I, at 63 can make such a huge change in a single month,,imagine what a world-class athlete can do.

Get a grip!

The crazy part is people didn't learn with TK. Speaking on people's personal appearances without knowing what is really going on... SMDH we have to do better

I knew it was a mistake and so I will delete the posts. I actually didn't mean it to sound likecsuch a harsh criticism, but obviously it did. I adore Rickea and am thrilled she's a Lady Vol and fully believe she's going to have a phenomenal year. My one and only regret about Rickea is that we didn't get to have her on Rocky Top for her entire collegiate career.

I knew it was a mistake and so I will delete the posts. I actually didn't mean it to sound likecsuch a harsh criticism, but obviously it did. I adore Rickea and am thrilled she's a Lady Vol and fully believe she's going to have a phenomenal year. My one and only regret about Rickea is that we didn't get to have her on Rocky Top for her entire collegiate career.
It was 100% out of line and saying a player's face looks chubby is ridiculous. This is honestly one of the most trash threads I've seen. Kea is another level. Have you seen her in person or just videos? You think she isn't in the gym working all the time? It sounded like you meant it. I am furious as someone who personally knows her and knows the work she puts in. You just sit here criticizing. Some of our so called fans are trash and they infuriate me.

Last edited:

Get a grip!
I'm honestly disheartened and disgusted a so called fan would make these comments. People like that who attack health and physical appearance should be banned.

and i'm going to erase the top part of my reply so we can let it fade into obscurity

Reactions: MaineMegaFan
I'm honestly disheartened and disgusted a so called fan would make these comments. People like that who attack health and physical appearance should be banned.
I have been on this forum long enough to tell who is and who is not a true lady vol fan and as well who is a true negavol,,,@lvocd is a true fan and like me and many others,, we can make a post in haste we regret, truly regret.

Trust me in this, I would not come to the defense of a true negavol.

I have been on this forum long enough to tell who is and who is not a true lady vol fan and as well who is a true negavol,,,@lvocd is a true fan and like me and many others,, we can make a post in haste we regret, truly regret.

Trust me in this, I would not come to the defense of a true negavol.
That's good to know. I can forgive too, but we have to be better as a fanbase than to comment on appearances as a player. It brought back memories of our fans and how they handled TK last year. We have to he better than that. Thanks for the comment @Coach Jumper

FFS much ado about nothing. No need to apologize nor to white knight to the rescue.

Our best player transformed her body this summer and it's a natural question to ask how that will affect her quickness and otherwise impact her game. We discussed it during her play in Mexico, where the added muscle turned out to be a huge help to her against those grown ass women she was up against. The same ones Angel failed miserably against btw. Any quickness she sacrificed didn't seem to hurt RJ a bit.

Only thing I thought was weird about the original post was it kind of implied she made the change on her own and might need to hurry and change back. That's not at all what I gathered this summer. The LVs sent several pics out of RJ specifically working out in the weight room and hinting at big things to come. This seems to be a very intentional change.

I've wanted to see Rickea at the 3 position, but I've kind of decided now she's just going to post alot. Can certainly still play off the perimeter, but all the sneak peaks we've had this summer indicate her bread and butter will still be down low. So the need to bulk up is obvious, and will especially help her in the grown ass W. Last yr she was too small, espec in lower body and espec in the post.

FFS much ado about nothing. No need to apologize nor to white knight to the rescue.

Our best player transformed her body this summer and it's a natural question to ask how that will affect her quickness and otherwise impact her game. We discussed it during her play in Mexico, where the added muscle turned out to be a huge help to her against those grown ass women she was up against. The same ones Angel failed miserably against btw. Any quickness she sacrificed didn't seem to hurt RJ a bit.

Only thing I thought was weird about the original post was it kind of implied she made the change on her own and might need to hurry and change back. That's not at all what I gathered this summer. The LVs sent several pics out of RJ specifically working out in the weight room and hinting at big things to come. This seems to be a very intentional change.

I've wanted to see Rickea at the 3 position, but I've kind of decided now she's just going to post alot. Can certainly still play off the perimeter, but all the sneak peaks we've had this summer indicate her bread and butter will still be down low. So the need to bulk up is obvious, and will especially help her in the grown ass W. Last yr she was too small, espec in lower body and espec in the post.
her game is a pure small forward's game, not a PF and not a Center
She has the ability to postup but her game is to take the defender off the dribble or spotup with quickness...Bulking up, unless it is muscle is detrimental to her game

So says the white knight
and by the way, when you're accused or attacked,,I promise not to come to your rescue
;o)

Rickea is going to play the same sort of position Chamique did this upcoming season; that I have no doubt. Kellie knew how to get Chamique the ball in position to score and Rickea can score just like her although the rebounding is not as strong. Maybe the extra weight will help in that area. As for this appearance thing about Rickea, does anyone remember Jordan Horston's transformation over the course of 4 years with Kellie and Staff? Due to diet and training goals, she grew in size year over year. That is the way it should be. I am sure those same goals were set for every player on this team and players were held accountable for reaching them. People can say what they want about Kellie, but the growth of players on her teams over the last 4 years has been like night and day to the players in this program the 7 years prior to her becoming head coach. Holly should have had multiple first-round draft picks throughout her time as a head coach and didn't manage to turn out any really if you think about it. That first group of Glory, Shekinna, and Kelly Cain were coached primarily by Pat Summitt. Following that we had some top classes but the players did not improve. Mercedes Russell, Jamie Nared, and Jordan Reynolds come to mind. Mercedes only really started to work toward her potential after becoming a pro. Diamond played for two years but left for Europe rather than playing for Holly her last year to improve her basketball skills. Kellie has Managed 3 first-round picks in a row and multiple pros playing overseas and each of those players developed and grew basketball-wise under her leadership by leaps and bounds. I don't expect anything less from this year's team. As for Rickea Jackson, that extra weight and strength will hopefully make her more durable on the basketball court this year and as she moves on as a pro next year.

Last edited:

who is this directed towards? Because if it's for me i'm not white knight (i'm actually more a black knight or more brown to be exact) rescuing anyone. I just made a simple comment on not commenting on people's appearances because we saw what happened before. With TK... We all remember that situation correct?

People were talking about how she couldn't move (which was a fair assessment she couldn't). That turned into her weight ,her looks, her eye lashes and the braid bull$#!+.

Anyways Rickea is going to be a beast. I know all the LV fans are going to enjoy her this season on Rocky Top and praying that we have a healthy season because it could be a special one.

Looking forward to a special season where the main topic discussed is the actual play and hopefully bounds of success on the
court.

Also this is meant to be a peaceful post and i hope it comes off as such.

Oh and Go Vols! Chomp Dem Gators 🐊!

Last edited:

Get a grip!
Besides what is going on with the player, good for you.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Now that is insulting, sprinkled w the usual amount of vintage self involved crazy. So you are trying to imply that RJ accidently or inadvertanly gained weight from doing nothing (like you)? But as a world class athlete she can quickly "make a huge change". As if there's a need for that?

Again, did I dream Mexico? Everyone in the universe acts like none of it happened and we have to guess about things. We don't. It is muscle, intentionally gained thru hard work in the weight room this summer. The program made sure we knew that. And it helped her be her team's best player in that tourney, against WNBA-like physical play. There was a game pic we talked about where her thigh muscle is practically popping thru the skin. Did not cheat on leg day.

LV trainers have long said it takes two off seasons to get players in prime shape. RJ is now in exactly the shape they believe will get her the glory she deserves this season. Again, this is a ton of ado about nothing.

Why not put the whole post?
Instead of putting just what you want people to read.

you forgot? this part:

and, by the way,,,in the hours passed since my so called "... insulting, sprinkled w the usual amount of vintage self involved crazy" post,,,four hours later there have been no negative posts about RJ
So, job done!

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not critical obvious she has bulked up a few pounds not in a bad way more just maturity of the body that happens to everyone. She looks stronger and more powerful than last season which I think is great. I think she is going to definitely be one of the best players in the country and our team leader.

Now that is insulting, sprinkled w the usual amount of vintage self involved crazy. So you are trying to imply that RJ accidently or inadvertanly gained weight from doing nothing (like you)? But as a world class athlete she can quickly "make a huge change". As if there's a need for that?

Again, did I dream Mexico? Everyone in the universe acts like none of it happened and we have to guess about things. We don't. It is muscle, intentionally gained thru hard work in the weight room this summer. The program made sure we knew that. And it helped her be her team's best player in that tourney, against WNBA-like physical play. There was a game pic we talked about where her thigh muscle is practically popping thru the skin. Did not cheat on leg day.

LV trainers have long said it takes two off seasons to get players in prime shape. RJ is now in exactly the shape they believe will get her the glory she deserves this season. Again, this is a ton of ado about nothing.
100 % agree with this assessment. You do see those extremely rare special freshman come in that have the physicality to compete right away, but most competent trainers will say at least two full years to get college players to their physical prime to complete at the highest level. Jordan Horton is a prime example. Her physicality grew year over year each of her 4 years at Tennessee and her results in her rookie year in the WNBA were evident of her four years of college basketball playing for the Lady Vols.

I think I caught a Jewel Spear interview where she said when she visited Tennessee they checked all the boxes especially treating their players like pros through basically all aspects of basketball. That's not always the focal point in women's basketball or women's sports around the country.

Last edited:
100 % agree with this assessment. You do see those extremely rare special freshman come in that have the physicality to compete right away, but most competent trainers will say at least two full years to get college players to their physical prime to complete at the highest level. Jordan Horton is a prime example. Her physicality grew year over year each of her 4 years at Tennessee and her results in her rookie year in the WNBA were evident of her four years of college basketball playing for the Lady Vols.

I think I caught a Jewel Spear interview where she said when she visited Tennessee they checked all the boxes especially treating their players like pros through basically all aspects of basketball. That's not always the focal point in women's basketball or women's sports around the country.
Where did you catch that interview with Jewel?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back