Tennessee Lady Vol News

Wynn can handle back point. She will not be a turnover machine nor Edia. Time reveal all time will tell.@dorthvol on kellie trying to get fired.

She puts a lot of effort into the job even if thus far not that much results.

I agree and disagree....Kellie indeed puts in the recruiting time and effort and the results are there, Nyla Brooks, Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd are all very good "gets"...But the betterment of skills of athletes while here and the advancement in coaching "in the games" is questionable.

Once I see ALL of the athletes in her care improving to be better advancing in game and skill...and...Once I see better in-game management for those athletes,,,I will gladly get fully back on the Coach Kellie Harper train,,,In fact, I very much desire this to happen

I agree and disagree....Kellie indeed puts in the recruiting time and effort and the results are there, Nyla Brooks, Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd are all very good "gets"...But the betterment of skills of athletes while here and the advancement in coaching "in the games" is questionable.

Once I see ALL of the athletes in her care improving to be better advancing in game and skill...and...Once I see better in-game management for those athletes,,,I will gladly get fully back on the Coach Kellie Harper train,,,In fact, I very much desire this to happen
Will give Kellie credit if WYNN not turnover waiting to happen at backup point guard? It might settle Wynn down on offense on playing to fast.

It is certainly a mixed bag as players like Striplin and to some extent Darby, Puckett, and Wynn have gotten better. Not to where you would expect any of them to be other than Strip. Wynn and Hollingshead are the biggest disappointments as they have elite athletic ability just not defined basketball skills as far as shooting the ball. They should've changed Wynn's shot when she was a freshman.

It is certainly a mixed bag as players like Striplin and to some extent Darby, Puckett, and Wynn have gotten better. Not to where you would expect any of them to be other than Strip. Wynn and Hollingshead are the biggest disappointments as they have elite athletic ability just not defined basketball skills as far as shooting the ball. They should've changed Wynn's shot when she was a freshman.
Striplin's Dad and Mom are coaches, ergo her self-motivating ability and strong support system.

Darby has had more playing time than she deserved/s, therefor more opportunity to grow.

Puckett as well has a strong family backing and support system.

Wynn's mom is a doctor and she is a strong family-support, but Kaiya is also an Alpha and struggles with weak leadership-expectations.

Jillian is not used for her strengths, which are more in the small or power forward spot.

I truly believe that a coaching mix is this team's kryptonite.
There is not an Alpha personality in the bunch.
How do I know this,,,simple,,,If I am wrong, let anyone in this site tell me who is the Alpha influence on her staff.
I'll wait,,,...

Striplin's Dad and Mom are coaches, ergo her self-motivating ability and strong support system.

Darby has had more playing time than she deserved/s, therefor more opportunity to grow.

Wynn's mom is a doctor and she is a strong family-support, but Kaiya is also an Alpha and struggles with weak leadership-expectations.

Jillian is not used for her strengths, which are more in the small or power forward spot.

How do I know this,,,simple,,,If I am wrong, let anyone in this site tell me who is the Alpha influence on her staff.
I'll wait,,,...
Jill isn’t used to her strengths because we absolutely had to have her at the 5 when TK went out. I think Jill’s biggest issue is that she’s so introverted.

Jill isn’t used to her strengths because we absolutely had to have her at the 5 when TK went out. I think Jill’s biggest issue is that she’s so introverted.
Introverted or not, she needs to be challenged and taught how to use her biological strengths and abilities.
It doesn't take a lot of power for a 6'4" athletic player to shoot a jump-hook over most any defender, no matter how big or tall.
And to use her speed and athleticism to rebound and defend (Dennis Rodman was dwarfed and out-weighed by nearly everyone he was matched up against). But he used his work-ethic, mind and ability to out-think and out-quick all of them to become on of the greatest defenders and rebounders of all time.

I have seen book-end forwards in many cases, as well as high-low offensive sets.
If there's a will there;s a way

I’m sure she will be relieved. You realize your opinion does not matter more than anyone else’s on here right?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Comments speak for themself
OH NOOHS, Kellie has a serious look on her face while watching recruits. That can mean only ONE! thing- she is concentrating and maybe she misses her family while she is away on a recruiting trip.

And a grand total of FIVE posters took a pot shot at her. The end is nigh for sure.

I'll wait,,,...

So, the improvements in players under Kellie all are due to the players' parents, or their strong support systems, and nada with the staff?

Hmm, I guess Kellie should only recruit orphans who grew up in a Dickens novel, so she can get a little coaching credit.

OH NOOHS, Kellie has a serious look on her face while watching recruits. That can mean only ONE! thing- she is concentrating and maybe she misses her family while she is away on a recruiting trip.

And a grand total of FIVE posters took a pot shot at her. The end is nigh for sure.
It comes across as disengaged.

With a few quoted retweets, but only VolNation has opinions. Those few posters getting a few thousand views.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back