Championships are won by threes
Michael-Scottie-anybody
Oneal-Kobe-anybody
Thomas-Rodman-Laimbeer
Kareem-Magic-Worthy
Bird-McHale-the Chief
Key-Jackson, Spear (Powell honorable mention
Just need one more to rise to that level
I think and I kinda hope, it is Striplin,,rangy game, arc to park game, strong,,,best chance

gotta bring it out of the role-players now
I probably watch Striplin as closely as anyone. Invariably more focused on block out as opposed to breaking on the ball for the rebound. Hopefully we’ll find another true five in the portal.

you have wells still and boyd coming in as a freshman. i think u take an elite 5 and then a solid pg. you need to find boyd minutes tho, i think she will shock people.
Boyd is really more of a two who can play the point. Wells coming off injury so you take the best point guard out there. The best post player even if Tamari comes back. In 2025 we have three players returning and one recruit. We need to fill up our five scholarships available with players from the portal even if the roster is 15 next year then we'll still need to recruit some high school players three of four more just to have a roster of 12 in 2025.

Reactions: brittannica
Kaniya Boyd is a day 1 facilitator and defensive starter in the PG position.

Talaysia Cooper can play the 1-3 and is skilled as a two-way player with a lethal mid-range game.

Remember what I’ve been saying about Jewel Spear and now she’s dominating the SEC.

Mark my words T.Coop and Boyd got next.

Reactions: Lucy
Kaniya Boyd is a day 1 facilitator and defensive starter in the PG position.

Talaysia Cooper can play the 1-3 and is skilled as a two-way player with a lethal mid-range game.

Remember what I’ve been saying about Jewel Spear and now she’s dominating the SEC.

Mark my words T.Coop and Boyd got next.
Did cooper play any last year

These are two different situations.

Kaniya Boyd has never been seen on crutches or needing support to stand/walk.. she does occasionally wear a knee brace.

I don’t think it’s beneficial to speculate on her injury. Coach Harper said she is rehabbing and could be ready by the summer.

Last edited:
Looks like after yesterday's win we stay at #49 in the NET. Not too much of a surprise given we won the game by about how much we were projected to. Was hoping for a larger win so we'd maybe move up a few spots.

We did move up a couple spots to #26 at Massey, who projects us winning at Alabama (by 1) and Vanderbilt and losing the SC/LSU games. We're at #33 at HHS, who has similar projections for us but losing at Alabama this week by 4.

Mississippi State is at #27 in the NET...would be great for them to move up to the top 25 so we could have at least one NET top 25 win (or for that matter, make sure we beat Alabama, since they're at #28 and could move up as well). Or of course, would be extra nice to upset LSU (#12) or South Carolina (#1).

Looks like after yesterday's win we stay at #49 in the NET. Not too much of a surprise given we won the game by about how much we were projected to. Was hoping for a larger win so we'd maybe move up a few spots.

We did move up a couple spots to #26 at Massey, who projects us winning at Alabama (by 1) and Vanderbilt and losing the SC/LSU games. We're at #33 at HHS, who has similar projections for us but losing at Alabama this week by 4.

Mississippi State is at #27 in the NET...would be great for them to move up to the top 25 so we could have at least one NET top 25 win (or for that matter, make sure we beat Alabama, since they're at #28 and could move up as well). Or of course, would be extra nice to upset LSU (#12) or South Carolina (#1).
I thought I understood the basics of the NET that all went out the window this season. We have a much better resume than many of the teams ranked higher in the NET. Better sos, better Q1 Q2 record, better rpi yet they rank ahead of us both in the brackets and the net. Not gonna even try to determine what kind of chance we have to make the NCAA this season cause I have no basis on which to base it. I feel our resume is an eight seed they have us clinging in the final four teams in so have no clue how to calculate it.

Bama is going to be a problem. They are good (statistically) in all the ways that give us problems. I haven't seen any of their games but what is happening with Sarah Ashlee Barker? She's been a "meh" player for 3 years and now she's suddenly playing at above elite level on offense and defense.

I thought I understood the basics of the NET that all went out the window this season. We have a much better resume than many of the teams ranked higher in the NET. Better sos, better Q1 Q2 record, better rpi yet they rank ahead of us both in the brackets and the net. Not gonna even try to determine what kind of chance we have to make the NCAA this season cause I have no basis on which to base it. I feel our resume is an eight seed they have us clinging in the final four teams in so have no clue how to calculate it.

Margin of victory seems to play a larger role than expected.

That’s the only reason I can think that teams like Utah and Alabama are still as high as they are. They both beat some early season opponents by 30 and 40+ multiple games.

We only had a couple really big victories. Otherwise even some of our easier non-con games were only 10 point wins.

I don't follow the NET at all, but Bama seems to struggle with great defensive teams but eat poor defensive teams alive.

Bama either scores 80+ and wins spectacularly or scores <65 and loses in humiliating fashion.

If both teams are "on" when we play them, it may take 90 to beat them with our defense.

That’s the only reason I can think that teams like Utah and Alabama are still as high as they are. They both beat some early season opponents by 30 and 40+ multiple games.

We only had a couple really big victories. Otherwise even some of our easier non-con games were only 10 point wins.
If so not having a clue about that is coaching malpractice. I see Mulkey and a few others playing starters trying to increase margins when they have games won. Dawn has so many starters can't really accuse her of it as anybody she puts in top ten players is as good as the ones that went out.

If so not having a clue about that is coaching malpractice. I see Mulkey and a few others playing starters trying to increase margins when they have games won. Dawn has so many starters can't really accuse her of it as anybody she puts in top ten players is as good as the ones that went out.

Yeah that’s why a lot of the other coaches continue to pile it on now. Kellie acts like shes too good to do that. But it’s how it works.

It’s not like the old days where you are just running up the score. Unfortunately it actually benefits your team in the long run and we are not taking advantage. She has been asked about this before and just blows the questions off.

Last edited:

Feels like this really discourages development of your bench. Maybe I’m still sad about UNC men BB arguably losing a natty because they had no bench and Armando Bacot sprained his ankle, but I’d take tighter margins of victory and feeling confident in my bench over blowouts any day. Gotta game the metrics though, I guess?

I would like to keep Rickea and Spear in for stat purposes like other teams do for their stars, if they want post season awards they will need the stats.

VN Store

Back