Tennessee Lady Vol News

As I’ve said, what she had to work with was the #11 ranked team in WBB to start this season. I’m not putting it solely on the personnel isn’t good enough or the coaching isn’t good enough. The fact is, the non-conference schedule was poorly constructed and that’s not debatable. Schedule differently and we’re having a completely different conversation. That schedule put the team at a disadvantage not just due to the opponents but the traveling, injuries, and week to week recovery/preparation.
The staff had to know the risks and maybe it’s worth the possible reward.. a Top 2 SEC finish is now within a possibility.
Just two ways to look at it.
We’ll see how it goes by the end of February.
Looked good on paper, but some of the players have not lived up to expectations. Not always the coaches fault when this happens. Some were a little slow getting started and two very key players were injured or unable to play. We need to see huge improvement going forward and I think we will. Tamari still not quite 100 percent Coach Harper said Rickea is back to 100 percent. Going to be tough to beat Ole Miss, but we can do it. We need to win the next five and were in the NCAA .

I see what you’re saying.. but it’s incomplete without a mention of Finley Chastain. Chastain has already been ranked in the Top 10 of her class in early projections.
Brooks should be a Top 10 prospect in her class by the summer. We’ll see.
Boyd is the best defensive guard in 2024. Played at a good basketball program in HS. I’ve watched her games and she’s a team first star.
Never tried to put up big individual stats..and have social media status like some players from the 2022-2024 classes. And already possess the poise and skill to play at the college level in the SEC.
Has the presence and “it” factor. Boyd should’ve been Top 20 in that class. I seen a player go from 21 to 10 just for attending camps and playing on a certain AAU team. Boyd did the opposite, committed early, didn’t compete in a lot of AAU circuits, and didn’t attend individual prospect camps much prior to her senior season so they dropped her rankings.
Any recruiting service at the end of day has certain connections and runs like a business.
So when certain people enter their projections based on evaluations from certain camps it benefits some players and leaves out others.
T. Coop will make a name for herself again as she did in HS in the SEC. 2021 South Carolina Player of the Year, meaning she was at the top of the list of all HS players in the mighty state of SC lol.
Get your popcorn ready. I stamp that! Lets GBO🍊.
You seem obsessed with the recruits rankings. It seems strange, especially, when you posted: "If anyone actually thinks there is much of any separation in the Top 1- 20 they are misguided."
If there is not much of any separation in the top 20, why protest their ranking at all ?

Reactions: knoxvol52
You seem obsessed with the recruits rankings. It seems strange, especially, when you posted: "If anyone actually thinks there is much of any separation in the Top 1- 20 they are misguided."
If there is not much of any separation in the top 20, why protest their ranking at all ?

You are obsessed with my posts.. because nearly every single post that has nothing to do with you where I’m responding adding my opinion to another poster.. instead of stating your opinion to have that same dialogue with that particular poster.. you have to talk directly to me.

I’m not interested in having any dialogue with you. Do what you do best.

I said what I said.. if you foolishly think it’s obsession to rankings which wasn’t even the main point of that dialogue perhaps as I’ve stated before that’s a lack of comprehension.

Be a NV and leave it at that.

Last edited:
You are obsessed with my posts.. because nearly every single post that has nothing to do with you where I’m responding adding my opinion to another poster.. instead of stating your opinion to have that same dialogue with that particular poster.. you have to talk directly to me.

I’m not interested in having any dialogue with you. Do what you do best.

I said what I said.. if you foolishly think it’s obsession to rankings which wasn’t even the main point of that dialogue perhaps as I’ve stated before that’s a lack of comprehension.

Be a NV and leave it at that.
Not obsessed, but I do find them fascinating. In the same way that a car crash draws attention. It's not often you see someone, so blatantly, express their ignorance.
Tell me again how the extra year for a student-graduate works.

Reactions: knoxvol52
She has done a good job with what she had to work with and has started to recruit better. Still Tennessee expects to make the NCAA and right now were hanging by a thread need to keep winning cause I would like to see her get to stay and coach the players we have coming in. If we can add Williams, Hurst, and a couple others were well on our way back to the top ten. I think we'll do fine in the portal again this season.
I think UT gets in the tourney easy, as I stated in another thread, they look like a 12-4 SEC squad if they win at Ole Miss today, and yes I said a 13-3 record would not be out of the question. They will be in the tourney unless injury surfaces.

Women’s committee doesn’t use Quadrants, according to Creme.

February is here, and as the frenzy leading up to Selection Sunday jumps into another gear, it's a good time for a reminder about the women's selection process and one element that causes some confusion and misinformation annually. The women's committee doesn't use the quadrant system utilized on the men's side. If you hear references to Quad 1 wins or Quad 3 losses, ignore them. They don't exist. The quad system incorporates where a game is played in measuring the significance of a win or a loss. While the women's committee considers the value of a road win vs. one at home, it's not plugged into the metric like it is in the men's game. Top-25, top-50 and top-100 NET wins are the reference points in women's basketball.

I think UT gets in the tourney easy, as I stated in another thread, they look like a 12-4 SEC squad if they win at Ole Miss today, and yes I said a 13-3 record would not be out of the question. They will be in the tourney unless injury surfaces.
Have to knock it back one game now after the OM loss, so 11-5 likely, 12-4 possible still. Let’s hope it doesn’t get to 10-6, don’t think it will. Somewhere out there @WinnerCircle is probably pissed at me for saying 11-5, and he may be right.

thank ya!
They was video of Key talking two teammates one WAS Sara.
Sara said wish had A COVID-19 year when Key said if she stayed.
"They her granny if she stayed for a sixth year.
Key said you could . She didn't say be you could till she not ruled it out.
Sara said she'd stay for COVID-19 year if she could.
Sara cannot stay but she's all vol at her heart.

VN Store

Back