Tennessee Lady Vol News

Wait, was Georgia not a game they were supposed to win?
Depends on your view of the team. Did you expect them to beat the team at the bottom or not? If you win the games you’re supposed to win, X or “Twitter” is silent.

Depends on your view of the team. Did you expect them to beat the team at the bottom or not? If you win the games you’re supposed to win, X or “Twitter” is silent.
Yes I expected them to beat the team at the bottom. Therefore they won a game they were supposed to win. Not sure what twitter traffic has to do with it. You said win the games you're supposed to win as if they didn't. They did. In fact, they've only lost two games in this whole mess they were supposed to win - MTSU and TAM. Remember, Ole Miss was favored and the losses to ranked teams without Rickea were expected. Doesn't make those losses, or the fallout they caused, any less painful. But the problem is not winning games they're supposed to win, it's winning games they're not supposed to win.

Yes I expected them to beat the team at the bottom. Therefore they won a game they were supposed to win. Not sure what twitter traffic has to do with it. You said win the games you're supposed to win as if they didn't. They did. In fact, they've only lost two games in this whole mess they were supposed to win - MTSU and TAM. Remember, Ole Miss was favored and the losses to ranked teams without Rickea were expected. Doesn't make those losses, or the fallout they caused, any less painful. But the problem is not winning games they're supposed to win, it's winning games they're not supposed to win.

This is a response to WC and their stoking. You and I stated why it was silent, it’s not that hard but WC wanting to believe this team has arrived and somehow the WCBB has been put on notice.

Agree on the last part, 12-32 vs ranked teams still out there.

Yeah, it's also Majors doing his thing where he takes a healthy dump on anything remotely resembling success for this team. You do you though, wouldn't be the same without it.
I’m consistent. Win the games you’re supposed to win. Winning cures all and get the leadership right, the rest takes care of itself. And lastly, numbers don’t lie.

Not sure that’s dumping if you can point to where the issues are from my perspective. If you don’t view it that way, doesn’t mean it’s not true.

Last edited:
Last sentence ,, exactly

It is when "more game is expected out the team to win" comes into play, they haven't been able to get there...We see bursts of such "game", but not the consistency of that level for extended times.

A lot of that is affected heavily by subbing patterns.

Familiarrity breeds contempt except on the BB court,,there it builds chemistry

Seven SEC teams are on the bubble. I don't think I can recall a time when the SEC was perceived to be this weak. Also, interesting clarification on quad 1 wins as it's not used in women's basketball.

View attachment 617201
I think four of the seven will get in and three will stay home. All about winning now.

especially beating those we should beat
I've got that at four more wins to get in. Considering our SEC draw the worst is ahead of us. Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas A&M are must wins cause they are our best chances to win. The three road games Vandy, Alabama, and SC gives us JMO two chances to get a win. Then the other two at home LSU and Sc are long shots at best except I think we have a fairly good chance of beating LSU. To me winning Missouri, Arkansas, and A&M and one more game of any left is our ticket to the NCAA. Hopefully we'll find a way to win a lot more.

I've got that at four more wins to get in. Considering our SEC draw the worst is ahead of us. Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas A&M are must wins cause they are our best chances to win. The three road games Vandy, Alabama, and SC gives us JMO two chances to get a win. Then the other two at home LSU and Sc are long shots at best except I think we have a fairly good chance of beating LSU. To me winning Missouri, Arkansas, and A&M and one more game of any left is our ticket to the NCAA. Hopefully we'll find a way to win a lot more.

I agree. Most years 8-8 would earn an NCAA bid, but I think 10-6 SEC is the minimum to feel safe going into the SEC tournament.

I’m keeping these receipts from this thread. NVs liking these posts left and right… but when Jewel Spear in the last two games scores 55 points shooting 62% FG and 52% 3PT it’s quiet.. I’m not talking about the SEC fan club on Twitter right now.. I’m talking about this forum.

When Rickea and Jewel go for 46 points combined and the team scores 95 points it’s quiet.

Anybody watching know Tennessee is in the tournament and that’s a fact. Lets GBO🍊

I’m keeping these receipts from this thread. NVs liking these posts left and right… but when Jewel Spear in the last two games scores 55 points shooting 62% FG and 52% 3PT it’s quiet.. I’m not talking about the SEC fan club on Twitter right now.. I’m talking about this forum.

When Rickea and Jewel go for 46 points combined and the team scores 95 points it’s quiet.

Anybody watching know Tennessee is in the tournament and that’s a fact. Lets GBO🍊

Wishful hoping does not equal facts. Additionally, it damages your overall argument. There's nothing wrong in supporting the team and acknowledging the recent success of Spears, but literally no one who does bracketology agrees with your point that TN is safely in the tournament at this point.
IMG_8923.JPG

Seven SEC teams are on the bubble. I don't think I can recall a time when the SEC was perceived to be this weak. Also, interesting clarification on quad 1 wins as it's not used in women's basketball.

View attachment 617201
Iowa State just lost to the gosh awful UCF so… also Vandy has a much worse resume then us as other posters have pointed out

😏 Usually one & done.
Coach Kellie has had 3 opportunities, so far, taking Tennessee Lady Vols to the NCAA Tournament (no tournament first year due to covid). First trip, we made it to the second round, second and third trips both went to the Sweet Sixteen.

Last edited:
Any we are calling for her firing?
Nope, not I
I am though calling for a end result near our beginning expectations

RJ, JP, spear, all playing their best basketball
Championships are won by threes
Michael-Scottie-anybody
Oneal-Kobe-anybody
Thomas-Rodman-Laimbeer
Kareem-Magic-Worthy
Bird-McHale-the Chief
Key-Jackson, Spear (Powell honorable mention
Just need one more to rise to that level
I think and I kinda hope, it is Striplin,,rangy game, arc to park game, strong,,,best chance

gotta bring it out of the role-players now

VN Store

Back