Tennessee Lady Vol News

In case you're planning on going to the Final Four, maybe get a second job now

No basketball game is worth paying that much money to see, in my opinion. If I had that much disposable income I’d sure not spend it on a basketball game when there are so many organizations that need donations to feed and maintain the health of desperate people and animals.

Ugh. I sometimes hate what we’ve become as a species.

Sorry … was just reading some pretty distressing numbers related to all that and now I’m reeling.

This season will be the first time the SEC gets to experience what it is like to play a team that goes 100% from tip to end, especially offensively. I believe many teams will be caught unprepared initially. I don’t predict W’s or L’s ever, but looking over the LV schedule and believing that I can understand how the new LV system will work paired with the new athletes on the team I suspect UT is the surprise team in the SEC this season. I can see a path to a 4 seed or Higher for the tourney if they avoid a slow Nov/Dec stretch, but fully expect them to be hell to play by Feb/Mar.

Who's the goober interviewing her?
And who are the "Voles"?
Goobers. Quality of their Zoom broadcasting was atrocious. Kim’s platform was immaculate.

Questions weren’t bad, all soft tossing, “let us get to know you” type stuff.

She’s been extremely consistent and confident when discussing the attributes of her plan to move forward.

Why do y'all think those guys are goobs? I enjoyed how they interviewed her, and especially that they asked about her own pre-game rituals. Kim may even be more superstitious than Pat was, and that's really saying something! lol
Two things. Poor backgrounds.

1) Using a cgi background is poor broadcast form. Lighting can help improve the autoclipping.

2) Camera angle. Hate looking up someone’s nostrils on a Zoom.

…other than that they were fine. 😉🤙🏼

Ruby's Mom went down to Chicago for RIckea's game last night. She is a major fan.

It's reasonable to think Rickea will be around Knoxville alot when the season ends week after next. Especially during football season. If she's willing, the LV staff should take full advantage of that during recruiting visits. She sure helped with Ruby's recruitment.

Ruby's Mom went down to Chicago for RIckea's game last night. She is a major fan.

It's reasonable to think Rickea will be around Knoxville alot when the season ends week after next. Especially during football season. If she's willing, the LV staff should take full advantage of that during recruiting visits. She sure helped with Ruby's recruitment.

I think Ruby Whitehorn is going to be glad of her decision to go play for Caldwell. I believe she will develop into a much better player than what she would've done at Clemson. If she can stand the hustle that it now takes to play here she could see the WNBA as player one day as well.

Last edited:
When does that new league Rickea was signed to begin? I wonder how much time in the future she'll actually have to come back to Knoxville. As marketable as she is, she may already have extra-money contracts out in L.A.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
When does that new league Rickea was signed to begin? I wonder how much time in the future she'll actually have to come back to Knoxville. As marketable as she is, she may already have extra-money contracts out in L.A.
The Unrivaled League is Jan - March in Miami.

In the future, Rickea won't have the motivation to come back to Knoxville that she has now. JPJ will be drafted in April (NFL draft in Detroit this year, how appropriate for her), probably leave school in Jan. After that there will most likely only be special occassion Knox visits for them. BTW, the last 3 high profile UT draftees, RJ, Dalton Knecht, and Christian Moore (baseball) have all gone to LA. I'm sure they're hoping JPJ will be next to go there.

Reactions: krichunaka
The guy hosting the show looks structurally like he was probably born with a speech impediment.

If so, MAJOR KUDOS to ya buddy! for working hard and putting yourself out there. Articulation clear as a bell, man!

And I heard a few new pieces of what to expect. Thanks for finding and posting, ttharp!

The guy hosting the show looks structurally like he was probably born with a speech impediment.

If so, MAJOR KUDOS to ya buddy! for working hard and putting yourself out there. Articulation clear as a bell, man!

And I heard a few new pieces of what to expect. Thanks for finding and posting, ttharp!
I had a stutter back around third to fourth grade and took speech classes. Needed to slow down my brain race so my mouth could catch up! Grateful to those professionals and our school district. Part of my path toward the classroom.

I had a stutter back around third to fourth grade and took speech classes. Needed to slow down my brain race so my mouth could catch up! Grateful to those professionals and our school district. Part of my path toward the classroom.
If you ever get a chance to listen to an interview with George Springer, don’t miss it. He has a stutter that followed him into adulthood, but has a wonderfully clear mind. Has a foundation that offers support.

My sister did as well, and now you'd never guess due to her teachers and other support folks. I have so much respect for people who can work through a stutter and for those who never quite overcome it but still continue with public speaking! 🧡

VN Store

Back