Tennessee Lady Vol News

Here are a couple of simple charts showing vertical leap ranges. Not going to mention any names, but we've had recent post players that appeared to me to fall into the "poor"/"below average" range. One of my greatest hopes for this year's team is that we'll have far better-than-average leapers among our posts and power forwards than we're used to seeing.

Attachments

• IMG_6539.jpeg
    IMG_6539.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6538.png
    IMG_6538.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 30
View attachment 683034This should be interesting.
This would be for the men to specify for anyone who might not know, or had seen it. Should be a great turnout and it is for an awesome cause.

As a semi random FYI, Dawn and South Carolina will be playing Memphis on Oct 15th at the FedEX Forum for a charity exhibition benefiting St. Jude. I think it is great teams are doing these charity exhibition games.

Here are a couple of simple charts showing vertical leap ranges. Not going to mention any names, but we've had recent post players that appeared to me to fall into the "poor"/"below average" range. One of my greatest hopes for this year's team is that we'll have far better-than-average leapers among our posts and power forwards than we're used to seeing.
That's putting it kindly. You couldn't have slid a pizza between our post players' feet and the floor in recent years. Leaping ability is bound to improve along w the athleticism. That should help some w the size gap.

What I am thinking right now just from the very little information I have been able to see.

PG Spencer and Cooper
SG Spear and Boyd
C-Hollingshead and Spearman
PF-Latham and Puckett
WF-Whitehorn and T Darby
11th Wynn

That is eleven and yes I know she does not list positions just the 11 I think may be in the lead for a rotation spot.
I searched for the 2024-2025 roster on Google. AI Meta reports that Justine Pissott will be a game changer for out team this season. 😂

Exactly. While Horston worked to improve her already great vertical:

Reactions: lvocd
..... Edwards is excellent super player but she is 6'3" why would Hollingshead and Spearman not have the ability to guard any of these players you list? ...
Post-play is a mindset. Posting up, blocking out, defending a low-post who is an actual low-posting BIG,,,It takes technique and confidence,,,,Just BC someone is tall doesn't mean they have the ability...Just bc a tower is tall doesn't make it a tree

So, much as I like her, Emily Saunders is one of many examples of bigs who aren’t effective based on size.
Emily, like ALL of the players under Holly and Kellie was not properly taught,,,nuff said!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What I am thinking right now just from the very little information I have been able to see.

PG Spencer and Cooper
SG Spear and Boyd
C-Hollingshead and Spearman
PF-Latham and Puckett
WF-Whitehorn and T Darby
11th Wynn

That is eleven and yes I know she does not list positions just the 11 I think may be in the lead for a rotation spot.

Wells has had a Grey Jersey on a lot I think she’ll play a lot of 2 for us this season.

Post-play is a mindset. Posting up, blocking out, defending a low-post who is an actual low-posting BIG,,,It takes technique and confidence,,,,Just BC someone is tall doesn't mean they have the ability...Just bc a tower is tall doesn't make it a tree

Emily, like ALL of the players under Holly and Kellie was not properly taught,,,nuff said!
Keyen Green was a bad ass!

I think Holly recruited her. Only Kellie coached her. Emily lacks mobility and quickness.

Keyen Green was a bad ass!
She really was. Keyen was one of those rare players who, when she was on the floor, reduced my perpetual game anxiety. The mature way she approached the game, and the determination she always showed to do her best on every possession, was unforgettable. I have often thought how much I wish she'd been a four-year Lady Vol and that she'd been able to play healthy. She was impressive to me even playing hurt all the time, so I can't imagine how good she could have been if she'd had better luck.

By the way, Keyen is STILL a badass! 🧡

really...
In 2024 at Youngstown:
22 min per game
11.7 Pts
70% fg
6.9 rebs
And blocks, which are most often the post-defender moving...73 blocks, 2.3 per game,,,19th in the entire NCAA
The average player height of the teams Youngstown played last season was 5’10. It’s not hard to score bunnies against 5’10 when you are 6’5.

really...
In 2024 at Youngstown:
22 min per game
11.7 Pts
70% fg
6.9 rebs
And blocks, which are most often the post-defender moving...73 blocks, 2.3 per game,,,19th in the entire NCAA
The vast majority of our players would see a huge jump in their stats at Youngstown. Similarly, the players of the year in the mid majors saw their stats drop considerably when they transferred to UT even if they significantly contributed. Nevertheless, I am happy for Emily finding a team and conference that is a good match for her basketball skills.

Last edited:
RICKEA MADE THE WNBA ALL-ROOKIE TEAM PER NEW SENTINEL

Former Lady Vols basketball star Rickea Jackson has earned WNBA All-Rookie honors, the league announced Thursday.

The Los Angeles Sparks forward was joined by Kamilla Cardoso, Caitlin Clark, Leonie Fiebich and Angel Reese. Clark, who starred for the Indiana Fever, was named Rookie of the Year. Jackson ended the regular season as the only rookie averaging more than 10 points while shooting better than 45% from the field.

"Congratulations to Rickea, who attacked her rookie season with everything she had," Sparks general manager Raegan Pebley said in a team release. "She brought her heart and commitment to growth daily, all while bringing joy and a focus on the team. There is no doubt she deserves this recognition and honor."

VN Store

Back