Tennessee Lady Vol News

Jeez, Mafiaboss. Did Emily do something to hurt you? You seem unusually determined to make sure everyone is sure to know she was no good. It's weird to be so doggedly mean-spirited about a role player who is, by all accounts, a wonderful young woman and a proud LVFL. 😢
I do think she’s a wonderful young woman! I’m just pointing out facts. Jumper trying to make her out to be a player she isn’t. It’s better to stick to facts if possible if you’re going to evaluate anything. I think Youngstown was perfect for her. I hated seeing her on the bench until 1 min. was left on the clock. It wasn’t a good fit. The Hayes sisters… not a good fit. Westbrook…not a good fit. etc.

I do think she’s a wonderful young woman! I’m just pointing out facts. Jumper trying to make her out to be a player she isn’t. It’s better to stick to facts if possible if you’re going to evaluate anything. I think Youngstown was perfect for her. I hated seeing her on the bench until 1 min. was left on the clock. It wasn’t a good fit. The Hayes sisters… not a good fit. Westbrook…not a good fit. etc.
I understand, but you might ought to try reading the room a little better. People want to show love and appreciation for what a kid like that did bring to the pogram, not get down into all the negative details of why she "wasn't a good fit."

By the way, do you happen to be on the spectrum? Sometimes you are missing social cues and it made me wonder.

I understand, but you might ought to try reading the room a little better. People want to show love and appreciation for what a kid like that did bring to the pogram, not get down into all the negative details of why she "wasn't a good fit."

By the way, do you happen to be on the spectrum? Sometimes you are missing social cues and it made me wonder.
We’re all on the spectrum. Please refrain from ableism. It’s ugly.

Also, social cues on a sports forum. 😂

Have you seen video of Pat telling players the truth? It’s out there. She did not go easy on her players.

Reactions: Jjohns14
RICKEA MADE THE WNBA ALL-ROOKIE TEAM PER NEW SENTINEL

Former Lady Vols basketball star Rickea Jackson has earned WNBA All-Rookie honors, the league announced Thursday.

The Los Angeles Sparks forward was joined by Kamilla Cardoso, Caitlin Clark, Leonie Fiebich and Angel Reese. Clark, who starred for the Indiana Fever, was named Rookie of the Year. Jackson ended the regular season as the only rookie averaging more than 10 points while shooting better than 45% from the field.

"Congratulations to Rickea, who attacked her rookie season with everything she had," Sparks general manager Raegan Pebley said in a team release. "She brought her heart and commitment to growth daily, all while bringing joy and a focus on the team. There is no doubt she deserves this recognition and honor."

Very much deserved. I hope she gets a decent coach if she stays there. I’d love to see some team pick her up for big money. She has crazy skills

We’re all on the spectrum. Please refrain from ableism. It’s ugly.
It’s not ableism. I have several loved ones on the spectrum and happen to be observant. What I asked was only “ugly” if you happen to be one one those who thinks being on the spectrum is something to be ashamed of. It’s not.

Just a question. Answered. Thanks.

Reactions: VolBall09
It’s not ableism. I have several loved ones on the spectrum and happen to be observant. What I asked was only “ugly” if you happen to be one one those who thinks being on the spectrum is something to be ashamed of. It’s not.

Just a question. Answered. Thanks.
There are absolutely no social cues I’m missing. It was just an attempted low blow.

Just a question. Answered.Thanks.

Sounded like ableism to me. To ask if someone's "on the spectrum" (without your little "nothing to be ashamed of" qualifier) implies you're being a jerk.

Why not just ask if they're dumb? At least you can't be accused of attempting an underhanded insult.

And can someone point out these alleged "social cues"?

Maybe someone can teach you what's socially acceptable to ask someone and what isn't.

Just an observation. Thanks.

Last edited:
You know what I loved about Emily Saunders? She could catch the damn ball. Emily has great hands and a soft touch around the rim. If she'd been blessed with a few more fast-twitch muscle fibers she would have been really solid -- even in the SEC.

Not too shabby, in the Missouri Valley Conference.
She never got much of a chance, honestly. But if you were to go back and replay her appearances with an appreciation for her particular gifts, you'd realize she did have some fine moments.
Did they say about Emily she started playing basketball later than most players?

LV's not in the ESPN top 25 smh ....espn hates us lol
I wouldn't rank us in the top 25, either! I think this season is much more suited for a "surprise" with the potential for the LVs to prove something and work their way into the top 25, as opposed to starting with somewhat high expectations of being in the preseason top 25 or being predicted to host NCAAs round 1 and 2 like the previous two seasons that fell flat.

My coach is COACHING! 🔥

I also love the content, especially the content in this video, showcasing how Coach Kim interacts with the players and the intensity of the practices. I'm more intrigued to see this newly constructed LV's style of play and roster, but I have minimal expectations for this team. For me, minimal expectations are making the NCAA tournament.

It's hard not to look at the roster with orange and summit blue colored glasses and think this team could surprise some folks. Either way, I'm excited to get the season started.

I wouldn't rank us in the top 25, either! I think this season is much more suited for a "surprise" with the potential for the LVs to prove something and work their way into the top 25, as opposed to starting with somewhat high expectations of being in the preseason top 25 or being predicted to host NCAAs round 1 and 2 like the previous two seasons that fell flat.

I also love the content, especially the content in this video, showcasing how Coach Kim interacts with the players and the intensity of the practices. I'm more intrigued to see this newly constructed LV's style of play and roster, but I have minimal expectations for this team. For me, minimal expectations are making the NCAA tournament.

It's hard not to look at the roster with orange and summit blue colored glasses and think this team could surprise some folks. Either way, I'm excited to get the season started.
Notice in a lot of these videos it seems like she is yelling at Favor?

I don't know if that is good or bad for the poor girl!

There are absolutely no social cues I’m missing. It was just an attempted low

Sounded like ableism to me. To ask if someone's "on the spectrum" (without your little "nothing to be ashamed of" qualifier) implies you're being a jerk.

Why not just ask if they're dumb? At least you can't be accused of attempting an underhanded insult.

And can someone point out these alleged "social cues"?

Maybe someone can teach you what's socially acceptable to ask someone and what isn't.

Just an observation. Thanks.
Do you actually think being on the spectrum means someone is dumb??? 😲 In my experience, it's quite the opposite. Also in my experience, discussing it is NOT an insult. The friends and family I have discuss it regularly, so there's no stigma attached. And yes, they regularly share that they often miss certain cues. Like, for instance, when several people are being kind and loving to a former player who may not have contributed much on the court but a lot to the program, they might miss that, "Oh, this is NOT one of those times I should be compulsively, brutally honest. Maybe I just say nothing" instinct.

It is a thing. Everybody's different, and I have my own idiosyncrasies. Not gonna lie. I simply suddenly realized who Mafia reminded me of and it made me curious. Mafia is FAR from dumb, obviously.

Think whatever you want. lol

This made me look up the actual size of the top SEC teams we'll be going up against. Of course our objective will be to outrun all the size but good to know in case we ever get slowed down.

You may be mis-underestimating SC's size and experience. They have Tac at 6'5", Walker (Sr) at 6'5" and picked up Dauda (Jr) at 6'4". Then they have a several 6'3" players, including Joyce Edwards. They are tall and stacked in every conceivable way.

Texas has 6'6" Oldacre, 6'4" Taylor Jones, and 6'9" Griner sized Abby Boutilier.

LSU doesn't have a ton of size, but 6'6" Del Rosario is a load and a half. Also 6'5" Jersey Wolfenburger and yeah, I know.

KY has the tall Claras - 6'7" Silvia and 6'5" Strack. Also 6'4" Teoni Key and a random 6'3" player or so. I fear the Claras.

Oklahoma has 6'4" Reagan Beers who should be relatively easy to outrun, and another 6'4" in Keirsten Johnson and a couple of 6'3"s. No scary size.

Alabama has some a banger in 6'4" Essence Cody, and picked up 6'5" Jeanna Cunningham. Also have a couple of other 6'4"s.

Good news is Ole Miss is relatively tiny, only one player over 6'2", J'Dore Young at 6'4". Only team in what I consider the top 7 of the SEC who's smaller than us.

Again, I fully acknowledge the LVs are speed over size and the plan is to outrun all the bigs. I was just curious about actual size in the SEC.
With what you said, Dawn Staley and Kim Mulkey have never won a national championship without Dominate inside post players because they are reliable.
really...
In 2024 at Youngstown:
22 min per game
11.7 Pts
70% fg
6.9 rebs
And blocks, which are most often the post-defender moving...73 blocks, 2.3 per game,,,19th in the entire NCAA
So you are saying that the Horizon league and the SEC are comparable in some way with athletic ability, basketball IQ, skill, and size? Not many post players over 6-2 in that league and not highly skilled at that. Of course she is going to have higher stats.

VN Store

Back