Tennessee Lady Vol News

She’s talking about the present and future. In the past two camps she talked mostly about Pat and the past.

Very different energy. She also showed up two weeks in a row to help with recruiting. Yes, there are lots of other things going on, but feels to me like she’s really trying to do Kim a solid and lend her image and celebrity to recruiting.

She also went and made follow-up posts to recruits on socials which I do not recall her ever doing before. I follow Candace very closely.

I agree there’s a different energy.

But I can’t be certain why that is. I’ve been thinking a lot about CP’s wonderful, loyal support, and while she has always been supportive of the program and its staff, there’s a part of me that also has lately considered that lately the rules to recruiting seem to have loosened quite a bit more from before, and I think that has given former LVs more freedom to give shout-outs and such.

As far as Candace is concerned, her retirement from the WNBA may have opened her schedule up a bit more to travel to Knoxville more often. I don’t know. She DOES now have another important career title, but I suspect she makes her own decisions about how to spend her time. Pretty sure she has also been recuperating from her umpteenth surgery. Gosh, I hope this was her last and will heal fully and be healthy for her children and wife.

But yeah, I’m also sensing something different. Could be as simple as a slight difference in personalities between current and former coaches. You never know who is gonna click. Who knows?

I’m just thrilled we have Candace Parker on our side. I love her so much for all she has meant to Tennessee Lady Vol basketball. 🧡

I think Andraya Carter, being a young, fit, huge tv personality coming around now and then is also good for the program. I suspect she was a little jelly she couldn’t be on campus the last two weekends.

Oct. 31!!!!!! Just an exhibition, but my Lady Vol ocd is stuck on hyperdrive, and I neeeed that stupid game! 😂

Yes, just don’t think it was ever a great idea. We should have hired Kim Mulkey when Hart hired Holly. Kim would have been interested and said as much. Fulmer took the easy route, as expected, and it was a disaster and then heartbreaking to have to fire someone like Holly who gave her heart and soul to the program. She just wasn’t cut out for the top job.
Yeah. But Pat et al thought Holly deserved a shot. She just doesn’t have head coach vibes. She kind of had no choice but to become head coach.

Thanks for the intelligent convo.

Yeah. But Pat et al thought Holly deserved a shot. She just doesn’t have head coach vibes. She kind of had no choice but to become head coach.

Thanks for the intelligent convo.

Grain of salt. Pat was very unwell during that decision making process and had not been herself for at least 2 years prior.

A healthy, sound minded Pat wasn’t the Pat aiding that process. Not possible to know what a healthy Pat’s true wishes would have been because she would have still been the coach.

Reactions: Voluble2
There was no interest from UT the second time around. She said point blank she was not contacted.

And for good reason, she’s done less with more at Duke. Has had some great rosters but their offense is dismal.

Personally very glad we did not hire her. Very woke and not very popular. Their attendance has been awful as well. Averaged about 2,500 fans in a 10,000 capacity, historic basketball venue, and on a campus that boasts a huge basketball following.

They averaged 1,500 more fans in Joanne McCallie’s final season than they did last year. Nobody wants to watch garbage basketball.
Kara is a great recruiter but her coaching/development of some type of offensive identity/philosophy is going to hold them back no matter how much talent they bring in IMO.

I watched many Duke games last year. They are athletic, have talent but visually definitely tough to watch.

Grain of salt. Pat was very unwell during that decision making process and had not been herself for at least 2 years prior.

A healthy, sound minded Pat wasn’t the Pat aiding that process. Not possible to know what a healthy Pat’s true wishes would have been because she would have still been the coach.
Yeah. I noticed Pat just didn’t “look” right about 2 years out. 😢

There was no interest from UT the second time around. She said point blank she was not contacted.

And for good reason, she’s done less with more at Duke. Has had some great rosters but their offense is dismal.

Personally very glad we did not hire her. Very woke and not very popular. Their attendance has been awful as well. Averaged about 2,500 fans in a 10,000 capacity, historic basketball venue, and on a campus that boasts a huge basketball following.

They averaged 1,500 more fans in Joanne McCallie’s final season than they did last year. Nobody wants to watch garbage basketball.
Guess who else is “very woke”? Top level recruits! She seems to be plenty popular with them.

The “woke” rhetoric tells you all you need to know with this one! 🤢

I'd like to know what "very woke" means?
Not that I couldn’t have referenced Oxford:

Here is another interesting, historical take:

I’ve always enjoyed etymologies. Honestly and sincerely.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_6572.png
    IMG_6572.png
    348.3 KB · Views: 9
Right, but poster uses it as something negative (I'm assuming). She's very woke and very unpopular??

Are they inferring the opposite with the first part of that? Just say she's fake as *uck and he done with it.

Sounds opposite to what I know of Kara.

Please do not put words in my mouth.

Being aware of the challenges marginalized groups face is very important.

The lip service that comes along with it isn’t.

Kara said several disparaging things about the University of Tennessee and in not so many words insinuated it was a racist institution, which is painfully untrue. I lost all respect for her after that.

Our leadership at this university does a fantastic job and was hired based on qualification and ability. Her problem with the color of their skin is simple minded and immature.

I support people of all colors who are QUALIFIED. I will never support elevating someone into a role for the way they look, the way they speak or who they sleep with simply to appease critics.

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin

Kara said several disparaging things about the University of Tennessee and in not so many words insinuated it was a racist institution, which is painfully untrue. I lost all respect for her after that.

Our leadership at this university does a fantastic job and was hired based on qualification and ability. Her problem with the color of their skin is simple minded and immature.

I support people of all colors who are QUALIFIED. I will never support elevating someone into a role for the way they look, the way they speak or who they sleep with simply to appease critics.

You see? That's all you had to say. Thank you for the clarification.

And yet you used the term “woke” as a pejorative and inferred that that would make someone unpopular. Dog whistle.

Not that I couldn’t have referenced Oxford:

Here is another interesting, historical take:

I’ve always enjoyed entomologies. Honestly and sincerely.
Entomologies bug me. Etymologies are more interesting.

VN Store

Back