Tennessee Lady Vol News

Having Candace this on board is a huge win for Kim. I haven’t heard Candace this vocal about LV basketball since Pat was coaching.
Candace was at several games and spoke at several practices the last two years. Brought her kids, including her new baby boy to a game last year. She was here a couple of years ago when they rolled out the Summitt blue unis. Candace has been constantly supportive of the program.

Candace was at several games and spoke at several practices the last two years. Brought her kids, including her new baby boy to a game last year. She was here a couple of years ago when they rolled out the Summitt blue unis. Candace has been constantly supportive of the program.
Exactly. She was very supportive when Kellie got hired as well. She's a LVFL and like she said, will do anything she can to help.

Not in this way. Completely different.

Not in this way. Completely different.
You have no way of knowing that. As has been pointed out, what CP does publically has been consistent. And we have no clue about what goes on privately.

But I do understand the agenda. It's the same one every fan who ever desperately wants a coach fired has for the next coach. The dark veil has lifted, the sunshine, lollipops and rainbows have appeared. All is perfect. And absolute projection is your friend.

You have no way of knowing that. As has been pointed out, what CP does publically has been consistent. And we have no clue about what goes on privately.

But I do understand the agenda. It's the same one every fan who ever desperately wants a coach fired has for the next coach. The dark veil has lifted, the sunshine, lollipops and rainbows have appeared. All is perfect. And absolute projection is your friend.

Yeah, ok.

Anyway lmao.

She’s talking about the present and future. In the past two camps she talked mostly about Pat and the past.

Very different energy. She also showed up two weeks in a row to help with recruiting. Yes, there are lots of other things going on, but feels to me like she’s really trying to do Kim a solid and lend her image and celebrity to recruiting.

She also went and made follow-up posts to recruits on socials which I do not recall her ever doing before. I follow Candace very closely.

Reactions: Will83
She’s talking about the present and future. In the past two camps she talked mostly about Pat and the past.

Very different energy. She also showed up two weeks in a row to help with recruiting. Yes, there are lots of other things going on, but feels to me like she’s really trying to do Kim a solid and lend her image and celebrity to recruiting.

She also went and made follow-up posts to recruits on socials which I do not recall her ever doing before. I follow Candace very closely.
I get it. I think as important as Pat will always be to the program, it has to move on. I imagine the kids may have gotten tired of hearing things like “If Pat were here” and “Pat would….” I’m sure the kids respect Pat’s legacy, but they probably also want to make the game theirs. I always thought LV successes were collaborative acts between coaches, players, etc.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I get it. I think as important as Pat will always be to the program, it has to move on. I imagine the kids may have gotten tired of hearing things like “If Pat were here” and “Pat would….” I’m sure the kids respect Pat’s legacy, but they probably also want to make the game theirs. I always thought LV successes were collaborative acts between coaches, players, etc.

There will never be another Pat. That’s for certain, she is the sole reason I am still a Lady Vol fan. She was one of a kind and irreplaceable.

Really think we got a good one in Coach Caldwell though. She has some similar qualities, mostly that she seems to be an individual of true conviction with a real backbone. If you know who you are as a person it’s a whole lot easier to engage others in your vision.

She understands the depth of this job but clearly isn’t out of her depth in this job. Couldn’t say the same for Holly from day 1. I had high hopes for Harper and supported her for 3 seasons, at that point the writing was on the wall, she was just out of her league.

The alumni seem to be reinvigorated with this coaching staff. There have been lots of visits and they have all given a glowing stamp of approval. There was familiarity with the previous two coaches so they were treading lightly, but by comparison, the energy was not the same.

They were showing up for Holly and Kellie because they were asked and that is the duty of a LVFL. They appear to be showing up for Kim because they are curious and they WANT to show up.

Anybody think Kara was smart in not pursuing the job at UT at either time? Maybe it had to be someone other than a Lady Vol?

There was no interest from UT the second time around. She said point blank she was not contacted.

And for good reason, she’s done less with more at Duke. Has had some great rosters but their offense is dismal.

Personally very glad we did not hire her. Very woke and not very popular. Their attendance has been awful as well. Averaged about 2,500 fans in a 10,000 capacity, historic basketball venue, and on a campus that boasts a huge basketball following.

They averaged 1,500 more fans in Joanne McCallie’s final season than they did last year. Nobody wants to watch garbage basketball.

There was no interest from UT the second time around. She said point blank she was not contacted.

And for good reason, she’s done less with more at Duke. Has had some great rosters but their offense is dismal.

Personally very glad we did not hire her. Very woke and not very popular. Their attendance has been awful as well. Averaged about 2,500 fans in a 10,000 capacity, historic basketball venue, and on a campus that boasts a huge basketball following.

They averaged 1,500 more fans in Joanne McCallie’s final season than they did last year. Nobody wants to watch garbage basketball.

Outside all that...

I think having direct ties to the Pat Summit coaching tree and having played at UT put a lot of pressure on Holly and Kellie, whether they would ever admit or not. Pressure that maybe showed in ways they (or us) were not aware of.

Outside all that...

I think having direct ties to the Pat Summit coaching tree and having played at UT put a lot of pressure on Holly and Kellie, whether they would ever admit or not. Pressure that maybe showed in ways not always self-cognizant of. Or, from those around.

Yes, just don’t think it was ever a great idea. We should have hired Kim Mulkey when Hart hired Holly. Kim would have been interested and said as much. Fulmer took the easy route, as expected, and it was a disaster and then heartbreaking to have to fire someone like Holly who gave her heart and soul to the program. She just wasn’t cut out for the top job.

Last edited:
Yes, just don’t think it was ever a great idea. We should have hired Kim Mulkey when Fulmer hired Holly. Kim would have been interested and said as much. Fulmer took the easy route, as expected, and it was a disaster and then heartbreaking to have to fire someone like Holly who gave her heart and soul to the program. She just wasn’t cut out for the top job.
Hart hired Holly and Fulmer hired Kellie, right?

Reactions: mcannon1
Yes that would be correct that’s my error. He was worse than Fulmer. Lazy and incompetent.

And arrogant and know it all. I always thought he was a stealth plant trying to downgrade and stall Tennessee athletics particularly the Lady Vols. Bama Dave was left in place way too long.

And arrogant and know it all. I always thought he was a stealth plant trying to downgrade and stall Tennessee athletics particularly the Lady Vols. Bama Dave was left in place way too long.

That whole combining the athletic departments thing up to and including getting rid of the Lady Vol name and logo....

1729447431444.gif

Last edited:

VN Store

Back