Tennessee Softball 2024

It is an opening to see games although quite an expensive one considering their video quality. I have used them before for a must see game and well it was quite an expence.
It is like sitting in your chair behind the outfield fence in travel ball etc. In the early tournaments it is usually the only game in town. I generally pay for a month and then cancel remember to cancel or they keep charging you. It is usually around 30.00. I spend more than that on gas round trip to Knoxville so that makes it easier to stomach. Do the monthly not the yearly a word to the wise.

I don't know what to think that the preseason pick to win the SEC cannot get one TV game yet several SEC teams are listed multiple times. Somethings wrong here. Its a conspiracy I tell ya.
The Baylor series will be on ESPN+, all of the games of the Clearwater tournament will be on ESPN+ or TV, and every home game and SEC game will be on SEC+ or on television. The vast majority of the TV and streaming schedule has not been put into the ESPN schedule, so that’s why you’re only seeing a few games for a few teams up there. The SEC has not made its TV schedule release yet, so you will see a lot more games listed after that comes out in a week or two.

The Baylor series will be on ESPN+, all of the games of the Clearwater tournament will be on ESPN+ or TV, and every home game and SEC game will be on SEC+ or on television. The vast majority of the TV and streaming schedule has not been put into the ESPN schedule, so that’s why you’re only seeing a few games for a few teams up there. The SEC has not made its TV schedule release yet, so you will see a lot more games listed after that comes out in a week or two.
That is why I was thinking maybe UT Arlington being a mid major it might be on there. Guess we will find out soon enough.

So far not looking good. I check the schedule ESPN. sorry for the haphazard shape it's in.

2/08 NCAA Softball
7:00 pm [38]Nicholls vs. #15 LSU secplus

2/09 NCAA Softball
3:30 am [38]Texas A&M vs. Texas longhorn
3:30 pm [39]Murray State vs. #6 Georgia secplus
4:00 pm [40]Jacksonville State vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
4:00 pm [41]IUPUI vs. Mississippi State secplus
4:30 pm [42]Valparaiso vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
6:00 pm [43]South Dakota vs. #6 Georgia secplus
7:00 pm [44]Memphis vs. #15 LSU secplus
7:30 pm [45]Lehigh vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
9:00 pm [46]College Softball Regular Season espn1

2/10 NCAA Softball
9:00 am [38]College Softball Regular Season espnu
1:00 pm [39]Murray State vs. #6 Georgia secplus
2:00 pm [40]#23 Virginia Tech vs. #20 Auburn secplus
2:30 pm [41]Pittsburgh vs. #15 LSU secplus
3:00 pm [42]UAB vs. Mississippi State secplus
3:00 pm [43]Jacksonville State vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
3:30 pm [44]Purdue vs. #6 Georgia secplus
4:30 pm [45]Lehigh vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
5:00 pm [46]Illinois vs. #20 Auburn secplus
5:00 pm [47]Memphis vs. #15 LSU secplus
5:30 pm [48]Virginia vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
6:00 pm [49]IUPUI vs. Mississippi State secplus
7:30 pm [50]Tulsa vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus

2/11 NCAA Softball
12:00 am [38]Texas A&M vs. Texas longhorn
9:00 am [39]UTSA vs. Texas longhorn
12:00 pm [40]Purdue vs. #6 Georgia secplus
12:30 pm [41]Virginia vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
12:30 pm [42]Tulsa vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
1:00 pm [43]UAB vs. Mississippi State secplus
1:00 pm [44]Pittsburgh vs. #15 LSU secplus
3:00 pm [45]UNC Greensboro vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
3:00 pm [46]Belmont vs. #20 Auburn secplus
4:00 pm [47]College Softball Regular Season espn1
Those games are the ESPN and SEC plus schedules, they do not include the ESPN+ games. Brian Rice said there's a good chance the UT-Baylor series will be on ESPN+. Of course, it comes with a subscription price. Sorry, did not see the post by Volfan2012, he must have beat me to it.

11 more days til first pitch, getting excited now

Let's go Lady Vols

On a sidenote my granddaughter stays with me on the weekends,she is in gymnastics.

Every Friday Night she and I watch the competition on SEC Network.
question why doesn't Tennessee have a gymnastics team ?

Let's go Lady Vols

On a sidenote my granddaughter stays with me on the weekends,she is in gymnastics.

Because we have a rowing team.

Let's go Lady Vols

With a 200 million a year budget we are too cheap to fund one. That’s the bottom line.

Reactions: volinjax
With a 200 million a year budget we are too cheap to fund one. That’s the bottom line.
We could fund Im sure gymnastics, lacrosse(both men and women), men’s soccer but it’s a balance of numbers for men and women sports.

Anybody got a helpful tip on how to buy tickets? I want to go to the Lady Vol/Ohio St. game on 3/9 at 12:30. it's the only day I can do BOTH the Lady Vols softball and the BaseVols

I'm so ready for softball hopefully we'll get more substance than hype with this team.
The pre-Sec schedule is brutal in spots so everyone is going to have to stay calm. We will know pretty early what we have but playing in the SEC is brutal plus this year we are in a couple of major early tournaments. We want to finish in the top 8 and to be honest avoid Oklahoma early in the post season. It is what it is though I wonder about their pitching with Bahl leaving.

The pre-Sec schedule is brutal in spots so everyone is going to have to stay calm. We will know pretty early what we have but playing in the SEC is brutal plus this year we are in a couple of major early tournaments. We want to finish in the top 8 and to be honest avoid Oklahoma early in the post season. It is what it is though I wonder about their pitching with Bahl leaving.

The lineup should be clearer after the Clearwater tournament one would believe.
I would assume that Maxwell might be a bit better working with Rocha so I’m going to go out on a limb and say she will be OU’s ace with May being the second option and Deal being the third one up. Early season games should give everyone a little insight into what the teams will bring later on.

It doesn’t have anything to do with being cheap, but no schools are adding sports in today’s modern age. Particularly not expensive sports that require a multi million dollar practice facility that there isn’t space for and competition dates and practice dates for an already jampacked schedule at Thompson Boling Arena.

They did consider adding gymnastics in the late 90s when they added rowing. But gymnastics at that time only had nine scholarships, rowing has I believe 28. Gymnastics maximum squad size is 12, rowing is 65. From a title IX compliance standpoint, it made a lot more sense to add rowing than it did to add gymnastics and two other sports.

If you were looking to add a sport today, it still wouldn’t be gymnastics. Despite the popularity of the sport from a TV standpoint, and attendance across the conference, there are only 40 or so varsity gymnastics programs in the country, a number that has shrunk over the last decade. It’s also incredibly expensive. Beyond the practice facility that would be needed, as I mentioned above, gymnastics has the highest cost catastrophic injury insurance of any sport played collegiately, including football. Catastrophic injury insurance is the biggest expense for most division one gymnastics programs, even above scholarship and travel.

It doesn’t have anything to do with being cheap, but no schools are adding sports in today’s modern age. Particularly not expensive sports that require a multi million dollar practice facility that there isn’t space for and competition dates and practice dates for an already jampacked schedule at Thompson Boling Arena.

They did consider adding gymnastics in the late 90s when they added rowing. But gymnastics at that time only had nine scholarships, rowing has I believe 28. Gymnastics maximum squad size is 12, rowing is 65. From a title IX compliance standpoint, it made a lot more sense to add rowing than it did to add gymnastics and two other sports.

If you were looking to add a sport today, it still wouldn’t be gymnastics. Despite the popularity of the sport from a TV standpoint, and attendance across the conference, there are only 40 or so varsity gymnastics programs in the country, a number that has shrunk over the last decade. It’s also incredibly expensive. Beyond the practice facility that would be needed, as I mentioned above, gymnastics has the highest cost catastrophic injury insurance of any sport played collegiately, including football. Catastrophic injury insurance is the biggest expense for most division one gymnastics programs, even above scholarship and travel.
This is super interesting and makes a ton of sense. I used to watch Friday Night Heights when I’d run on the treadmill at the Y, and I’ve always had a soft spot for gymnastics since. The catastrophic insurance alone sounds like it would dissuade most universities.

This is super interesting and makes a ton of sense. I used to watch Friday Night Heights when I’d run on the treadmill at the Y, and I’ve always had a soft spot for gymnastics since. The catastrophic insurance alone sounds like it would dissuade most universities.
Well when she goes to Alabama don't blame me 🤑🤑🤑

Granddaughter is upset now..

Reactions: chuckiepoo
OK will be fine with Keeney and Deal. Interested to see how Geurin is incorporated, kid was a machine 14-16U…others caught up to her and she fell off a little bit. Committed early but RS last season.

I think the sport is great, for the record. My firm has done some work for the Georgia head coach, so I've driven over from Atlanta for a couple of meets. They draw better for gymnastics than they do for men's and women's basketball. But there are only 5 or 6 home meets a year and not a great path to maximizing revenue with such limited home events. But it's not a sport schools add because of the cost. The schools that are great at it have been great for decades.

Countdown continues 9 days left til first pitch..

Thanks for the feedback on gymnastics.

Granddaughter is a fan and enjoys doing the sport.

Now the cost OOP is beginning to hit, though I told her I would pay if that's what she desired to do..

VN Store

Back