Tennessee Softball 2024

The top of the lineup was great but the rest were meh for most of the season. It's amazing what we were able to accomplish with only three consistent hitters.
Remember a Lady Vol tradition like no other the injury bug pretty much wiped out the lower part of the order. How many black arm slings/braces will we see this year? That will be key. Overcoaching, bad training, bad luck etc. has to give. It is every year hopefully they have sat down and evaluated this, plus I want to see Pickens have an outside pitch. A lot of our injuries are not in game injuries.

Remember a Lady Vol tradition like no other the injury bug pretty much wiped out the lower part of the order. How many black arm slings/braces will we see this year? That will be key. Overcoaching, bad training, bad luck etc. has to give. It is every year hopefully they have sat down and evaluated this, plus I want to see Pickens have an outside pitch. A lot of our injuries are not in game injuries.

That is true. Pannell was gone due to injury, Donihoo was injured. Lair delt with injury. But I would've liked to have seen G and Katie hit a lot better. Katie hit well in postseason, though.

That is true. Pannell was gone due to injury, Donihoo was injured. Lair delt with injury. But I would've liked to have seen G and Katie hit a lot better. Katie hit well in postseason, though.
Katie was an effective player even with the low average her obp was over 400. She just found ways to get on base. G totally collapsed mid-season and never recovered. I think both are going to have a very tough job of beating out Allanah Leach. She can really hit the ball.

We have to be one of the most injury-prone programs in softball. Every year it's 2, 3, 4 players with injuries--a bit strange and frustrating.

Katie was an effective player even with the low average her obp was over 400. She just found ways to get on base. G totally collapsed mid-season and never recovered. I think both are going to have a very tough job of beating out Allanah Leach. She can really hit the ball.
Wonder how it will be without catching. She just have too much on her plate(pun intended lol).

Rylie and Kiki are locks in the OF, that leaves 5 pretty darn good players competing for one spot: G, Katie, Jami, Allanah, and Gabby. Great problem to have. I think Karen will start G initially but based on what I saw in the fall, the Leach’s will get ABs somehow. But in my opinion….. all the talk about rank, pre-season SEC favorites, our returning offense, etc. doesn’t matter. The length of our season depends on Karlyn Pickens. If she shows up in ace mode we are STOUT. Looking forward to first pitch in a couple of weeks.

Rylie and Kiki are locks in the OF, that leaves 5 pretty darn good players competing for one spot: G, Katie, Jami, Allanah, and Gabby. Great problem to have. I think Karen will start G initially but based on what I saw in the fall, the Leach’s will get ABs somehow. But in my opinion….. all the talk about rank, pre-season SEC favorites, our returning offense, etc. doesn’t matter. The length of our season depends on Karlyn Pickens. If she shows up in ace mode we are STOUT. Looking forward to first pitch in a couple of weeks.
Rylie will have to produce offense to stay in the lineup. She’s not a natural OF, she’s been solid with a few hiccups…if she hits a slump we have options.

To me as KP goes so goes the LVS!!! I am a little stunned by being picked as #2 in the land! AS the offense goes we will follow.

I was absolutely surprised. Plenty of faith in Gotshall but waiting for KP to step up and develop some alternate pitches.
I believe Coach Weekly has a staff of 4 pitchers this year. All very different. Might be a great thing, use all four. I think the team will be very strong this year. A lot of untapped talent and each position several deep! First few weeks they have some big games. Hope some are televised.

I am hoping that February 8 game will be on ESPN plus
So far not looking good. I check the schedule ESPN. sorry for the haphazard shape it's in.

2/08 NCAA Softball
7:00 pm [38]Nicholls vs. #15 LSU secplus

2/09 NCAA Softball
3:30 am [38]Texas A&M vs. Texas longhorn
3:30 pm [39]Murray State vs. #6 Georgia secplus
4:00 pm [40]Jacksonville State vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
4:00 pm [41]IUPUI vs. Mississippi State secplus
4:30 pm [42]Valparaiso vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
6:00 pm [43]South Dakota vs. #6 Georgia secplus
7:00 pm [44]Memphis vs. #15 LSU secplus
7:30 pm [45]Lehigh vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
9:00 pm [46]College Softball Regular Season espn1

2/10 NCAA Softball
9:00 am [38]College Softball Regular Season espnu
1:00 pm [39]Murray State vs. #6 Georgia secplus
2:00 pm [40]#23 Virginia Tech vs. #20 Auburn secplus
2:30 pm [41]Pittsburgh vs. #15 LSU secplus
3:00 pm [42]UAB vs. Mississippi State secplus
3:00 pm [43]Jacksonville State vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
3:30 pm [44]Purdue vs. #6 Georgia secplus
4:30 pm [45]Lehigh vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
5:00 pm [46]Illinois vs. #20 Auburn secplus
5:00 pm [47]Memphis vs. #15 LSU secplus
5:30 pm [48]Virginia vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
6:00 pm [49]IUPUI vs. Mississippi State secplus
7:30 pm [50]Tulsa vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus

2/11 NCAA Softball
12:00 am [38]Texas A&M vs. Texas longhorn
9:00 am [39]UTSA vs. Texas longhorn
12:00 pm [40]Purdue vs. #6 Georgia secplus
12:30 pm [41]Virginia vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
12:30 pm [42]Tulsa vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
1:00 pm [43]UAB vs. Mississippi State secplus
1:00 pm [44]Pittsburgh vs. #15 LSU secplus
3:00 pm [45]UNC Greensboro vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
3:00 pm [46]Belmont vs. #20 Auburn secplus
4:00 pm [47]College Softball Regular Season espn1

So far not looking good. I check the schedule ESPN. sorry for the haphazard shape it's in.

2/08 NCAA Softball
7:00 pm [38]Nicholls vs. #15 LSU secplus

2/09 NCAA Softball
3:30 am [38]Texas A&M vs. Texas longhorn
3:30 pm [39]Murray State vs. #6 Georgia secplus
4:00 pm [40]Jacksonville State vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
4:00 pm [41]IUPUI vs. Mississippi State secplus
4:30 pm [42]Valparaiso vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
6:00 pm [43]South Dakota vs. #6 Georgia secplus
7:00 pm [44]Memphis vs. #15 LSU secplus
7:30 pm [45]Lehigh vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
9:00 pm [46]College Softball Regular Season espn1

2/10 NCAA Softball
9:00 am [38]College Softball Regular Season espnu
1:00 pm [39]Murray State vs. #6 Georgia secplus
2:00 pm [40]#23 Virginia Tech vs. #20 Auburn secplus
2:30 pm [41]Pittsburgh vs. #15 LSU secplus
3:00 pm [42]UAB vs. Mississippi State secplus
3:00 pm [43]Jacksonville State vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
3:30 pm [44]Purdue vs. #6 Georgia secplus
4:30 pm [45]Lehigh vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
5:00 pm [46]Illinois vs. #20 Auburn secplus
5:00 pm [47]Memphis vs. #15 LSU secplus
5:30 pm [48]Virginia vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
6:00 pm [49]IUPUI vs. Mississippi State secplus
7:30 pm [50]Tulsa vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus

2/11 NCAA Softball
12:00 am [38]Texas A&M vs. Texas longhorn
9:00 am [39]UTSA vs. Texas longhorn
12:00 pm [40]Purdue vs. #6 Georgia secplus
12:30 pm [41]Virginia vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
12:30 pm [42]Tulsa vs. #24 Texas A&M secplus
1:00 pm [43]UAB vs. Mississippi State secplus
1:00 pm [44]Pittsburgh vs. #15 LSU secplus
3:00 pm [45]UNC Greensboro vs. #22 South Carolina secplus
3:00 pm [46]Belmont vs. #20 Auburn secplus
4:00 pm [47]College Softball Regular Season espn1
To bad would be great if they would show more softball games.

VN Store

Back