Tennessee Softball 2025

I noticed Karen sent up the bat signal about six hours ago. Is she any good?
Same organization that produced West and Lair. So it’s good we still have that connection to Marty and the Corona Angels. His players typically come to college ready to compete. Her being a MI/OF, seems she was recruited for her athletic ability/speed. And Tennessee needs speed.

Last edited:
Bailey and Cathey, I’d be surprised if they go elsewhere. Shelton, not certain but could find an easier path at Auburn with Ryker depending on if she wants to P. She could be their #1

Avary Stockwell, I’d put in there as high on the in-state list. Could be the best overall in the state class.
Cathey ended up going to Missou. Kind of surprised me.

Any updates on the stadium upgrades? Are they happening, thought that was announced over a year ago
It was announced in March.

They were supposed to begin in July, but there are some issues with materials and permits that are still in process. If the delays go much further, they will wait until the end of the season to begin. None of it affects the fan areas, it is all player amenities and facilities.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I noticed on the soccer broadcast they have planted trees along the railroad tracks taking up valuable parking spaces.
I think that's part of their so-called upgrades and beautification of the softball area. They are definitely not caring about the everyday softball fans as evidenced by the way they allow entire areas of the parking lots next to the soccer fields to be cordoned off to cater to the fat-cats with their RVs. True, these fat-cat fans pay for these spaces but they are still doing a big disservice to the rest of the fans.
They force the rest of us fans to park and walk all the way from the UT maintenance building parking lots if we're lucky; otherwise we have to park at the Ag campus and ride the shuttles which is a big pain in the behind, not to mention very inconvenient.
It's just one more example of the fact that at UT money talks whether you like it or not.

Reactions: kregman
I noticed on the soccer broadcast they have planted trees along the railroad tracks taking up valuable parking spaces.
They put in parallel parking that previously didnt exist. The trees theoretically will block some of the stench from the water treatment plant and the noise from the train once grown.

I think that's part of their so-called upgrades and beautification of the softball area. They are definitely not caring about the everyday softball fans as evidenced by the way they allow entire areas of the parking lots next to the soccer fields to be cordoned off to cater to the fat-cats with their RVs. True, these fat-cat fans pay for these spaces but they are still doing a big disservice to the rest of the fans.
They force the rest of us fans to park and walk all the way from the UT maintenance building parking lots if we're lucky; otherwise we have to park at the Ag campus and ride the shuttles which is a big pain in the behind, not to mention very inconvenient.
It's just one more example of the fact that at UT money talks whether you like it or not.
It just so happens that is where the hookups are from when those rv sites were created many years ago for football. Not sure how it is a disservice to fans. Have been parking there for years and have had season tickets for years. I know that recruits are amazed that people show up for softball weekends in rv’s and that it helps with recruiting. Maintenance building is closer than I have parked a car and walked to a football game many times before. Unfortunately there is not space on campus to dry camp like other schools in the country due to lack of acerage on campus. Unfortunately the university was basically built downtown and next to a river. Parents of some of the players stay there as well. Stop by anytime during the season and we can have a discussion and a beverage.

Where else would you suggest they park the RVs? They already have electrical and plumbing hookups because that is the RV lot for football.

The RVs aren't owned by "fat cats," for the most part, they're rented by the softball parents for the weekends.

Where else would you suggest they park the RVs? They already have electrical and plumbing hookups because that is the RV lot for football.

The RVs aren't owned by "fat cats," for the most part, they're rented by the softball parents for the weekends.
DeerPark12 I knew I'd hear from your smart a$$ about my comments. Rest assured I am putting you on ignore and won't have to put up with you anymore.

Being one of those people in the rv spaces, I can tell you that I support these Lady Vols more than most. We go to away games also. Any place we have ever gone, the school makes sure if you have an rv, you have somewhere to park it. The relationships that are built with the parents of players is amazing. Other teams fans say this is the greatsest thing ever for this sport. I also have you know that one of those “fat cats” donated a million dollars for the renovations. Also from experience if those spots are not blocked off then regular cars try to drive between your tow vehicle and your motorhome. Not safe at all. Players parents bring their rv’s as well. It great for recruiting and just the fellowship that we have in a weekend is amazing. “Free” car parking is plentiful if you do not wait till 10 minutes before the game starts. Running out of parking is a good thing in my opinion, that means people are coming and we are doing well. Do you research before making a uninformed comment. You might want to try to speak us before you judge us. Lets go Lady Vols!!

Being one of those people in the rv spaces, I can tell you that I support these Lady Vols more than most. We go to away games also. Any place we have ever gone, the school makes sure if you have an rv, you have somewhere to park it. The relationships that are built with the parents of players is amazing. Other teams fans say this is the greatsest thing ever for this sport. I also have you know that one of those “fat cats” donated a million dollars for the renovations. Also from experience if those spots are not blocked off then regular cars try to drive between your tow vehicle and your motorhome. Not safe at all. Players parents bring their rv’s as well. It great for recruiting and just the fellowship that we have in a weekend is amazing. “Free” car parking is plentiful if you do not wait till 10 minutes before the game starts. Running out of parking is a good thing in my opinion, that means people are coming and we are doing well. Do you research before making a uninformed comment. You might want to try to speak us before you judge us. Lets go Lady Vols!!
I don't care who these people are in the RVs. The fact that UT is blocking off large swaths of the available parking for softball is utterly ridiculous. It's definitely a disservice and inconvenience to the rest of the fans. End of story.

I don't care who these people are in the RVs. The fact that UT is blocking off large swaths of the available parking for softball is utterly ridiculous. It's definitely a disservice and inconvenience to the rest of the fans. End of story.
If the staff allows you to turn left when you cross the tracks you’ll get a good spot. If you turn right, you’re late. Easy fix is get there early.

VN Store

Back