Tennessee Softball 2025

I don't care who these people are in the RVs. The fact that UT is blocking off large swaths of the available parking for softball is utterly ridiculous. It's definitely a disservice and inconvenience to the rest of the fans. End of story.
My guess is that you get there right before the game starts amd maybe have to walk a whole 1/2 mile to watch. If that is your problem, then maybe you should just stay home and watch on tv. You should have more an issue with all the concession stand, ushers, and all other workers that have to be there 6 hours before the game starts and park right at the stadium. They take up way more spots that the rv’s do. Maybe go to a baseball game where there isnt any parking at the stadium, do you complain about that as well? My guess is probably so. You really need to take a little bit to reevaluate what you consider “a disservice and inconvenience to fans” to complain about.

My guess is that you get there right before the game starts amd maybe have to walk a whole 1/2 mile to watch. If that is your problem, then maybe you should just stay home and watch on tv. You should have more an issue with all the concession stand, ushers, and all other workers that have to be there 6 hours before the game starts and park right at the stadium. They take up way more spots that the rv’s do. Maybe go to a baseball game where there isnt any parking at the stadium, do you complain about that as well? My guess is probably so. You really need to take a little bit to reevaluate what you consider “a disservice and inconvenience to fans” to complain about.
I get there plenty early and usually part in front of the volleyball practice facility. I am "complaining" because I don't think it's fair to the other UT fans who don't get to park in the numerous spaces that are blocked off to cater to the people in the RVs. Why should they get preferential treatment over the other fans. I don't care if they are players' parents or not. They are still just fans like anyone else. Fair is fair. Why is that so hard to understand. UT only started this policy the last couple seasons. It did not used to be that way and that is what they need to go back to.

I get there plenty early and usually part in front of the volleyball practice facility. I am "complaining" because I don't think it's fair to the other UT fans who don't get to park in the numerous spaces that are blocked off to cater to the people in the RVs. Why should they get preferential treatment over the other fans. I don't care if they are players' parents or not. They are still just fans like anyone else. Fair is fair. Why is that so hard to understand. UT only started this policy the last couple seasons. It did not used to be that way and that is what they need to go back to.
Call it a perk for their child breaking their body to play this game for you. And no parents of players are not fans just like everyone else. They don’t get to turn it off after the game or go to message boards and vent after a loss. Have you ever sat still in the stands when your daughter is struggling and you hear chirps from fans because of a ball that missed off the plate, an error in the field that allowed a run or a 0-3 day with two strikeouts leaving 4 runners on? Those parents keep silent, is that fair? Their kids are entertaining fans in a sport where expectations by fans are judged by what their kids does or does not do. Players parents see their kid struggle managing the day to day and many times it’s from a distance. Like most changes with Tennessee winning, you need to get onboard or move on because you’re complaining about free parking. The only thing that is fair is that life isn’t fair.

And to my knowledge, someone else can correct me if I’m wrong only the West family had a RV on site.

Last edited:
Call it a perk for their child breaking their body to play this game for you. And no parents of players are not fans just like everyone else. They don’t get to turn it off after the game or go to message boards and vent after a loss. Have you ever sat still in the stands when your daughter is struggling and you hear chirps from fans because of ball that missed off the plate, an error in the field that allowed a run or a 0-3 day with two strikeouts leaving 4 runners on? Those parents keep silent, is that fair? Their kids are entertaining fans in a sport where expectations by fans are judged by what their kids does or does not do. Players parents see their kid struggle managing the day to day and many times it’s from a distance. Like most changes with Tennessee winning, you need to get onboard or move on because you’re complaining about free parking. The only thing that is fair is that life isn’t fair.

And to my knowledge, someone else can correct me if I’m wrong only the West family had a RV on site.
There have been several (Rogers, Mussusen, McCachren, and also some grandparents) over the past few years that have camped there. However most all the parents do come to that area to tailgate before and after the games. I really dont think we get special treatment as we pay to park there, it is not free.

UT has had paid RV parking in that area for softball games since the RV lot was renovated in 2015.

UT has elected to keep parking for general fans free for Softball. The RV spaces are paid for and are quite expensive. I understand it’s probably frustrating to have to walk, but they take prepaid orders for RV spaces, and only block off exactly how many spaces are sold in advance. More than 2/3 of the RV lot is still parking for general fans. I have to arrive 2 1/2 hours before the game, and most of those spaces are already filled with fans tailgating by then.

Parking is the biggest reason that the stadium has not been expanded further. Including the lot on the far side of the warehouses, there is only enough parking for the current seating capacity. They added the shuttles to the ag campus to try to alleviate some of that. Some people find it much easier to park and ride, others, like yourself, find it harder. When the stadium was constructed, there was a long-term plan for those warehouses to go away and be replaced by parking for the soccer and softball fields. Obviously that did not happen. When they elected to build volleyball practice facility, it took away even more parking.

There were plans to build a garage across the railroad tracks with a pedestrian bridge, but after initially agreeing to it, the railroad backed out and would not allow the pedestrian bridge to be constructed. Which sent the parking plan back to square one, including the park-and-ride option.

UT has had paid RV parking in that area for softball games since the RV lot was renovated in 2015.

UT has elected to keep parking for general fans free for Softball. The RV spaces are paid for and are quite expensive. I understand it’s probably frustrating to have to walk, but they take prepaid orders for RV spaces, and only block off exactly how many spaces are sold in advance. More than 2/3 of the RV lot is still parking for general fans. I have to arrive 2 1/2 hours before the game, and most of those spaces are already filled with fans tailgating by then.

Parking is the biggest reason that the stadium has not been expanded further. Including the lot on the far side of the warehouses, there is only enough parking for the current seating capacity. They added the shuttles to the ag campus to try to alleviate some of that. Some people find it much easier to park and ride, others, like yourself, find it harder. When the stadium was constructed, there was a long-term plan for those warehouses to go away and be replaced by parking for the soccer and softball fields. Obviously that did not happen. When they elected to build volleyball practice facility, it took away even more parking.

There were plans to build a garage across the railroad tracks with a pedestrian bridge, but after initially agreeing to it, the railroad backed out and would not allow the pedestrian bridge to be constructed. Which sent the parking plan back to square one, including the park-and-ride option.
AG campus is a nice bonus service

Brian, I have an unrelated question for you. I go to the Lady Vol volleyball matches and have noticed you don't do the PA announcing much anymore. The fellow who took your place does a fine job too but I was just wondering if your duties of being the Voice of the Lady Vols has taken you away from the volleyball PA announcing.

It is generally ok especially for early games but the regional and super regional games were a nightmare especially with the additional teams. The lady vol fan base even for softball is not a young crowd. No real solution other than move the stadium which comes with massive issues in itself. Here is an interesting fact in the mid eighties was looking at things that hinder church growth. The number one thing was not pastors, music, worship style even facilities it was lack of parking! I doubt we can get the railroad to move out. Someone mentioned baseball but other when there is a concert you have the parking garage and other lots so it is really not that big deal.

Games still at noon tomorrow vs Lipscomb and 5 vs GA Tech?? Also hope that Karlyn’s folks and home are ok over in Weaverville. That area got absolutely hammered and flooded. Thoughts to all the people over there. We got lucky.

Last edited:
Since On3 recently acquired Softball America, really like what they are doing in recruiting coverage. Rating softball prospects as they do football. Currently instate 2026 Stockwell a five star, Shelton, Bailey, & Cathey four stars.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Since On3 recently acquired Softball America, really like what they are doing in recruiting coverage. Rating softball prospects as they do football. Currently instate 2026 Stockwell a five star, Shelton, Bailey, & Cathey four stars.
Hopefully they do a better job than EIS. Read that fine print when you own a company. Those divorces are costly as EIS is now ran by a ex-wife with no media/softball experience.

VN Store

Back