Tennessee Vanderbilt Game Thread - 1/10/2007

I don't know about you guys, but I choose to look at the positives...Good effort coming back from an 11 point deficit in a hostile environment on the road.

I'm with you. It's amazing how critical folks can be when 1 play doesn't go our way. We weren't saying we were the best team in the country when Dane tipped it in against Oklahoma State were we?

I'm over this game, and we will win again on the road. And we have a good thing going in men's basketball, so enjoy it. Even the losses.

As noted earlier, its one conference game out of 16. While I do believe you can "win them all," I don't think its terribly likely. Its a loss, and a loss that hurts, but its one and you move on to the next game.

Florida lost five regular season conference games last year.

Didn't seem to matter much in the end.

I think it was 6 losses, but, yes, it didn't matter at all in March.

He needs to get the team past this quickly, obviously. There are some winnable SEC games coming up. There can be no more SEC losses before the game at Rupp.
I think we SHOULD beat UK this year. We are the better team now, thats a game we should win.

Folks I think Ramar may turn out to be something REALLY special before it is all said and done. He is doing all the things, and more, that I remember watching CJ Watson do as a freshman. I think if he continues improving, but not to the level where he will jump early to the NBA, then he has a shot to be one of the all-time great guards at Tennessee.

Folks I think Ramar may turn out to be something REALLY special before it is all said and done. He is doing all the things, and more, that I remember watching CJ Watson do as a freshman. I think if he continues improving, but not to the level where he will jump early to the NBA, then he has a shot to be one of the all-time great guards at Tennessee.

I'm sure we'll at least have him for two years, hopefully four, because he can't possibly be crazy enough to leave Lofton.

a good PG is hard to come by. If Ramar keeps improving, we just have to plug other pieces in around him.

They actually beat Kentucky 4-5 years in the late 1980s and early 1990s, including the 1992-93 year when Kentucky went to the final four.

They beat Florida 5 straight years in the mid-late 1990s, including one year when Florida went to the final 4.

I see big wins over UNC, LSU, Virginia...

But enough of that.

Let's get this straight. Are you saying you'd expect a freshman-laden team to have no problem playing in Memorial Gym? I think you're too hard on them.

BTW, Butler just lost in overtime at Illinois-Chicago by 6. I-C lost to Mississippi, Jackson State, Penn, and Illinois State earlier this year. And Butler is LOADED with juniors and seniors. I wonder if they're as pessimistic about their chances of winning in their conference on the road.
There's no such thing as a big win over Virginia, unless it occured during the Ralph Sampson era.

Like I said earlier, most of those wins over UK came while UK was down because of probation. And, while the win for VU in '93 was a big win, that was 14 years ago.

Well, the next two Wednesdays will really help write the story for this team as far as their road success, or lack thereof. If they don't win in Auburn and Oxford, I dare anyone to find somewhere else in the conference they can reasonably be expected to win.

I agree. It is imperative that we don't lose in the SEC again until at least the game at Rupp.

Ok, got the "missed blockout at the end of the game" vitriol out of my system. I did do better than my pal Huggins. He dislocated three fingers on the locker room door at UAB one year because of a similar loss. It may be my greatest pet peeve in basketball.
:) I'm just now recovered enough that I am not sick to my stomach anymore.

Losing to a bad team isn't a good effort.
Agreed.

Speaking of Oklahoma State, Kansas is blowing them away.
Kasnsas lost to Oral Roberts AT HOME

Kansas looked like the best team in the nation tonight.
Kansas lost to Oral Roberts AT HOME

Just goes to show you we all have bad games. :p

:) I'm just now recovered enough that I am not sick to my stomach anymore.

Agreed.

Kasnsas lost to Oral Roberts AT HOME

Kansas lost to Oral Roberts AT HOME

Just goes to show you we all have bad games. :p
Oral Roberts was in the tournament last year and have a good shot at returning this year.

Oral Roberts was in the tournament last year and have a good shot at returning this year.
No you did not. :crazy:

They are 9-7. Not to mention, it's Oral Robers. Not to mention it was at Kansas. :spank:

VN Store

Back