Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

This kid is a baller. Lights out shooter. Incredible playmaker. Hope we land him.

I trust the staff and all but I don't see it personally. A guy that small can't shoot jumping forward at the D1 level with such an extended shot form. Tough to get that off against more athletic defenders. Of course, I'm also drawing this conclusion off of one highlight video of one game haha. Maybe he's better at finishing around the basket than I assume he is.

That being said, he definitely shows a great feel for the game and ability to get to his spot/make passes at the AAU level and that's something.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
I trust the staff and all but I don't see it personally. A guy that small can't shoot jumping forward at the D1 level with such an extended shot form. Tough to get that off against more athletic defenders. Of course, I'm also drawing this conclusion off of one highlight video of one game haha. Maybe he's better at finishing around the basket than I assume he is.

That being said, he definitely shows a great feel for the game and ability to get to his spot/make passes at the AAU level and that's something.

I thought the same thing in regards to getting his shot off against bigger and better competition. But UT has been burned by smaller quicker guards in the past and he looks like a baller in that video. Also all of those highlights looked to be in one game on the AAU circuit so he is doing it against better competition and it's not like they picked his best highlights over all season. He looks like a good take to me in terms of risk/reward.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
I thought the same thing in regards to getting his shot off against bigger and better competition. But UT has been burned by smaller quicker guards in the past and he looks like a baller in that video. Also all of those highlights looked to be in one game on the AAU circuit so he is doing it against better competition and it's not like they picked his best highlights over all season. He looks like a good take to me in terms of risk/reward.
I did not play at the D1 level but I've been blessed to be around a lot of players who have and coach several as well. There is a very subtly but important difference between jumping forward on your shot and not when you're short. An inch or two on your jump changes the trajectory of your shot arc by feet some times depending on the angle. That's really my biggest concern with him, otherwise looks like a good heady player who knows how to pass well. No clue about defense though.

JHS commits tomorrow, 8/24, right ? Indiana the favorite ? Even tho, I prefer Wallace, I would still love to steal him away from Woodson and the Hoosiers. Oops, double post

Last edited:
Reactions: walkenvol
I did not play at the D1 level but I've been blessed to be around a lot of players who have and coach several as well. There is a very subtly but important difference between jumping forward on your shot and not when you're short. An inch or two on your jump changes the trajectory of your shot arc by feet some times depending on the angle. That's really my biggest concern with him, otherwise looks like a good heady player who knows how to pass well. No clue about defense though.
The only thing I’ll say is that he went on the biggest stage in AAU basketball and dominated, he led his underdog team to win against the eventual Peach Jam Champions…that team is full of D1 players and they have multiple Top 10 projected NBA draft picks on their roster, and Zeigler looked like the best player on the floor and led his team to a win.

Maybe it means nothing but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Interesting you mention that, because Basilio says he is hearing that ZZ is in talks with Tennessee about reclassifying to 2021 and enrolling.
It does appear he was a 2021 initially and is planning to attend what looks to possibly be a prep school this year…so could be some legitimacy.

The only thing I’ll say is that he went on the biggest stage in AAU basketball and dominated, he led his underdog team to win against the eventual Peach Jam Champions…that team is full of D1 players and they have multiple Top 10 projected NBA draft picks on their roster, and Zeigler looked like the best player on the floor and led his team to a win.

Maybe it means nothing but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Here’s some highlights from that game

Hmm interesting…of course Basilio also said Wallace was committing a month ago lol
True, he's hit or miss, and I'm clearly on the record as saying take his stuff with a grain of salt. That said, he hits on just enough to not totally dismiss him, and it looks like he was right on the money with this piece of info.

Here’s some highlights from that game

He went straight up on most of those 3's, lotta guys adjust their shots, depending how open, they are. Seems to just jump forward on that jumper when he is wide open and knows he can get away with it. I'm down, wouldn't be surprised if UT signs, this kid. Can he still get into school, this year ?

He went straight up on most of those 3's, lotta guys adjust their shots, depending how open, they are. Seems to just jump forward on that jumper when he is wide open and knows he can get away with it. I'm down, wouldn't be surprised if UT signs, this kid. Can he still get into school, this year ?

The registration/add deadline is tomorrow (8/24), so yes

Reactions: The Dog

Barnes seems to emphasize high release points on shots, so hopefully he'll get that worked out.

VN Store

Back