Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Won’t post a bunch of transfer names, just guys I could see us having interest in, if we assume Fulk & Bailey are gone,Edwards incoming means we are full. Chandler obviously at least a 50/50 to go, if he does then room for 1, could look to guard/wing/post, I would think it’s a best case scenario but who knows. Anyways, this guy entered today, from Chattanooga and has played really well against us 3 years in a row…

IDK about everyone else but with us still having Vescovi and Ziegler, I would be much more apt to take an established post player rather than a guard. Wing I suppose we could use some more help with but Post it seems like we have 3 meh to good guys but not a game changer.

IDK about everyone else but with us still having Vescovi and Ziegler, I would be much more apt to take an established post player rather than a guard. Wing I suppose we could use some more help with but Post it seems like we have 3 meh to good guys but not a game changer.
A game-changing, offensive-minded post player would be my preference.

Clay is an undersized guard with low assist numbers and questionable shooting numbers at the OVC level. Not sure he translates well to the SEC enough to be a difference maker.

I think it largely depends on how the staff views development of Aidoo/BHH and ON in his return, as well as Plav & Tamba. This year brought the most small ball/perimeter orientated team of the Barnes era, that continue or back to a 2 post system? If you’re looking at next year and wanting to once again play JJJ at the 4 then I could see us going wing/guard, if it’s 2 posts then yea a post makes the most sense.

A game-changing, offensive-minded post player would be my preference.

Clay is an undersized guard with low assist numbers and questionable shooting numbers at the OVC level. Not sure he translates well to the SEC enough to be a difference maker.
Probably not, but in 3 games against Tennessee he averaged 16ppg on 50%fg, so who knows how it would translate as not being “THE GUY”, but yea I imagine we will aim higher, and should, was just one of the first names I’ve seen so far that I’ve though “maybe”.

Reactions: cncchris33
I'd like us to get a new JJJ in the pipeline. Maybe Q or JM have that potential, but I would like another tweener, multi-faceted, does-a-little-bit-of-everything glue guy. I know that's hard to find, but that's what I want more than anything else.
Agree. I think we will be fine in the post, especially since I predict the 🦒 and BHH will make big jumps, next year. I want a 6'5 - 6'-8 slasher, that will posterize people, that plays defense, has a decent 3 and can grab a few rebounds. Yeah, I'm asking for a lot, but we are at that level where we should attract transfers like that

Agree. I think we will be fine in the post, especially since I predict the 🦒 and BHH will make big jumps, next year. I want a 6'5 - 6'-8 slasher, that will posterize people, that plays defense, has a decent 3 and can grab a few rebounds. Yeah, I'm asking for a lot, but we are at that level where we should attract transfers like that

We have just lacked a tall guy that can score at will. We need someone who can break scoring droughts. I know JJJ has done better recently, but he just hasn't consistently had that ability, and he is a step slow. He is always getting caught from behind, or having the ball knocked out of his hands. So yeah, just another JJJ, with a bit more quickness and consistency on offense, would be great.

Reactions: The Dog
I'd like us to get a new JJJ in the pipeline. Maybe Q or JM have that potential, but I would like another tweener, multi-faceted, does-a-little-bit-of-everything glue guy. I know that's hard to find, but that's what I want more than anything else.
As I typed the above posts out this thought also crossed my mind, if we could find that athletic small ball 4 type that may be ideal.

I actually think the post position is going to be the strength of the team next year. I know I'm probably in the minority, but I predict ORN is going to finally bust through and have a monster year. And, if BHH stays, along with Aidoo and Plav, they'll continue to develop, and we'll be very solid there. That being said, I think I'd go after a wing that can shoot and score.

Put me down for a wing.

I know we haven’t seen anything amazing in the post (consistently) this season; however if kept together Tennessee would have 4 viable options next season with experience (at least 2 of them “could” develop considerably).

We have just lacked a tall guy that can score at will. We need someone who can break scoring droughts. I know JJJ has done better recently, but he just hasn't consistently had that ability, and he is a step slow. He is always getting caught from behind, or having the ball knocked out of his hands. So yeah, just another JJJ, with a bit more quickness and consistency on offense, would be great.
Sounds like you’re describing Deboundje

Reactions: i2amavol
Driver/slasher that can finish at the rim if I’m choosing. Hoping JJJ can develop into that some next year, but really the only piece we’re missing that I don’t know can be filled by the current roster heading into next year imo.

Mashack/Deboudje may be able to grow into that roll, but haven’t seen enough to say

I mean I could see him being here...if ya lose KC & Bailey no guarantee that BJ is going to be an immediate contributor like KC/ZZ have been.

Also our guard depth is fragile with the 1 free transfer. Q and Mashack both could decide they want more PT somewhere else and don't want to wait. Powell used his to come here so doubt he's moving on.

Santi and JJJ we are all assuming stay put, but ya never know. If Clark is seriously interested it's hard to pass up a 5 star guard that's a top 30 player.

I mean I could see him being here...if ya lose KC & Bailey no guarantee that BJ is going to be an immediate contributor like KC/ZZ have been.

Also our guard depth is fragile with the 1 free transfer. Q and Mashack both could decide they want more PT somewhere else and don't want to wait. Powell used his to come here so doubt he's moving on.

Santi and JJJ we are all assuming stay put, but ya never know. If Clark is seriously interested it's hard to pass up a 5 star guard that's a top 30 player.
He doesn’t fit the culture/what Barnes is looking for at all, I would think pro route ultimately is where he goes.

Reactions: Ryno14
I know there was some speculation that Santi might go play overseas after this year. Is there any legitimacy to that? If so, that could indicate why continually trying to get more guards in the next class.

VN Store

Back