Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

I think that actually strengthens the argument for a post, a guard who can get his own maybe shoots 45-50%, a good post man is 55-60% from 2…in theory we should be an even better 3pt shooting team next year, having a post who can score a fg at 60% would be pretty big.
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I'm on the books as saying I want another post player, but that post player needs to be an immediate impact player with an advanced offensive game. No projects or role players. Someone like Graham Ike comes to mind.

If we can't find that, then my next choice is a wing player who can score at the rim and create their own shot and be respectable from 3. Isiaih Mosley comes to mind.

Neither of those guys are in the portal, but the kind of players I'd be looking for.

Seems strange that a good player from the portal would want to come to a team with a loaded roster already.

PT would be very minimal I would expect.

Reactions: walkenvol
Seems strange that a good player from the portal would want to come to a team with a loaded roster already.

PT would be very minimal I would expect.
Not if they are the best option. Plenty of high-level transfers come in and take a primary role. And in the post, it isn't like we have any proven high-level players. A bunch of potential, sure.

Reactions: walkenvol
Portal is always an interesting discussion though. Right now it's pretty limited for bigs, but after March you'll see a ton of names enter.

Georgia & LSU I see losing quite a few players, of teams in conference. Could see some turnover from Missouri as well.

From LSU a few that may not want to stay.
Doesn't appear to have even signed a LOI at this point.
Yohan Traore, Dream City Christian, Center (BK)

Signed his LOI, but with all that's going on there I bet he'd be able to get out of it
Julian Phillips, Link Academy, Power Forward

A few who played their first season this year for them
Jerrell Colbert, LSU, Center (BK)
Efton Reid, LSU, Center (BK)

Reactions: i2amavol
Portal is always an interesting discussion though. Right now it's pretty limited for bigs, but after March you'll see a ton of names enter.

Georgia, LSU I see losing quite a few in conference. Could see some turnover from Missouri as well.

From LSU a few that may not want to stay.
Doesn't appear to have even signed a LOI at this point.
Yohan Traore, Dream City Christian, Center (BK)

Signed his LOI, but with all that's going on there I bet he'd be able to get out of it
Julian Phillips, Link Academy, Power Forward

A few who played their first season this year for them
Jerrell Colbert, LSU, Center (BK)
Efton Reid, LSU, Center (BK)
Doubt we even try with Traore. Phillips would be nice.

PJ Hall is a want too, btw.

Doubt we even try with Traore. Phillips would be nice.

PJ Hall is a want too, btw.

We recruited Phillips pretty hard too. Barnes visited him and he took an official here. Yohan going to have a LOT of attention though, 5 star big who hasn't signed a LOI and Wade/LSU about to be in deep trouble. But not sure he officially visited anywhere...he may be looking at his options outside college for a year.

PJ Hall in the portal or planning to be? I know he was a guy we wanted though.

If any of the LSU players want out, do we really want to go there? Three of them are 5 stars, and chances are that any of them are one of the 11 players that Wade is supposed to have paid. If any of their names come out in the investigation, would it be wise to get involved?

Reactions: onevol74
That’s fair, but if there’s anything Barnes has earned it’s probably to have some trust in player evals…again no telling how real the interest actually is.
I'd agree in terms of high school evaluations.

On transfer evals, though?. There have been a lot of misses. These are the 5 guys who have transferred in during Barnes's tenure...

Justin Powell
EJ Anosike
Victor Bailey
Uros Plavsic
James Daniel

Not really a difference-maker in the bunch. Jury still out on Powell. Plav has been solid though unspectacular. I'd love to see us parlay our recent success into a more impactful player given how many are likely to exist on the transfer market with the portal.

In short, I'm hoping our interest in Hayes is very passive.

I'd agree in terms of high school evaluations.

On transfer evals, though?. There have been a lot of misses. These are the 5 guys who have transferred in during Barnes's tenure...

Justin Powell
EJ Anosike
Victor Bailey
Uros Plavsic
James Daniel

Not really a difference-maker in the bunch. Jury still out on Powell. Plav has been solid though unspectacular. I'd love to see us parlay our recent success into a more impactful player given how many are likely to exist on the transfer market with the portal.

In short, I'm hoping our interest in Hayes is very passive.
You forgot the GOAT Lew Evans

VN Store

Back