Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Haha...I know a setup when I see it. 😀

But seriously, it wasn't an intentional effort to ignore your question, but rather an effort to answer your question and address SJA's comment, simultaneously.
Darn you. You sniffed out my trap! Well done on being efficient. Have a good day my Vol brother!

Reactions: cncchris33
There’s a really good chance the portal is much smaller/less talented this year, tons of guys used to their free year last year so pickings are going to be slimmer.
Should be a lot of good non P5 players who think they are playing below their talent level and want to test themselves in the SEC

For me yes. You can't teach the size, trust thyself to teach the skills
6-3 combo guards are as common as a 4-legged dog. BJ Edwards, for example, is exactly that, and almost assuredly a better shooter. Why bring in another version of that who has already proven that he can't play in a weaker league? If Hayes can't cut it for a below average NC State team in a terrible ACC, why would you believe he can step up in class on a more talented team in a more competitive conference (currently) and the light suddenly come on for him? If he were 6-7, I might feel differently, but I just don't understand what you find so impressive about a 6-3 combo guard as if he were a unicorn at that size and position.

Get him Rick.

He's a four/three. If James is coming back, and with BHH and ON on the roster next year, he'll have to share PT. He might want to find a place where he is sure to start and play 30 minutes a game. Unless James leaves, I just don't see that for him here.

He's a four/three. If James is coming back, and with BHH and ON on the roster next year, he'll have to share PT. He might want to find a place where he is sure to start and play 30 minutes a game. Unless James leaves, I just don't see that for him here.
If he’s as good as his ranking. He will have playing time. Right now there isn’t a guy behind James that’s a viable back up. No reason a guy as talented as Philips can’t get 20-25 mins on next year’s team.

If he’s as good as his ranking. He will have playing time. Right now there isn’t a guy behind James that’s a viable back up. No reason a guy as talented as Philips can’t get 20-25 mins on next year’s team.

I just don't see how Barnes could promise him that many minutes and keep James, Maschack, ON, and BHH happy. Now, if James chooses to leave, then that changes.

And James can slide to the 3, full time (mostly).

Zeigler/Edwards
Vescovi/Powell/Diboundje
James/Mashack/Phillips
Nkamhoua/BHH/Phillips
Plavsic/Aidoo/Tamba

Competition will be fierce for playing time, but that was true 6 months ago when Phillips committed, as well. He had Tennessee in his final 3-4, then. Can't imagine that he's suddenly scared off because of having to earn playing time.

Zeigler/Edwards
Vescovi/Powell/Diboundje
James/Mashack/Phillips
Nkamhoua/BHH/Phillips
Plavsic/Aidoo/Tamba

Competition will be fierce for playing time, but that was true 6 months ago when Phillips committed, as well. He had Tennessee in his final 3-4, then. Can't imagine that he's suddenly scared off because of having to earn playing time.
Agree. Elite players earn their time.

Zeigler/Edwards
Vescovi/Powell/Diboundje
James/Mashack/Phillips
Nkamhoua/BHH/Phillips
Plavsic/Aidoo/Tamba

Zeigler/Edwards
Vescovi/Powell/Bailey
James/Phillips/Mashak
BHH/Phillips
Uros/Aidoo/Tamba

I just don't see how Barnes could promise him that many minutes and keep James, Maschack, ON, and BHH happy. Now, if James chooses to leave, then that changes.
Barnes doesn’t make playing time promises to kids. The best players are going to play. I get keeping kids happy but Rick wants to win and he puts the best players out there that he believes gives them that chance.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back