Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

If QD doesn’t go to ECU like we expect, wouldn’t mind seeing him go to Belmont. I’ve found myself being a Belmont fan. Really enjoy their culture.

If QD doesn’t go to ECU like we expect, wouldn’t mind seeing him go to Belmont. I’ve found myself being a Belmont fan. Really enjoy their culture.
You’ll love the kid they get from Greeneville then. Maybe the most fun player I’ve personally watched from the northeast Tennessee area in high school.

Know his name off hand?
Ja’Kobi Gillespie, had a top 10 play on sportscenter a few weeks ago in their sub state game. Won the state title for the second year in a row. Lead them to a win over #17 in the nation at the time Dr. Phillips who had multiple SEC signees this year and won Mr. Basketball for 3A. I’m no scout, idk how he will translate in college, but boy he was fun this year. Not a lot of size, but can jump out of the gym and has a good shot on him.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
I had the thought yesterday randomly but Powell played a lot of PG at Auburn (out of necessity) and did pretty well, he looked passive off the ball for us, could we maybe try and put him back in that roll as we search for ball handlers some? My guess is that we likely won’t as we look to the portal for guard help, but was just a random thought.
I also thought one of the reasons for leaving Auburn was Pearl's insistence on playing him at PG; not Powell’s preferred position on the floor.

Now, a year and a half removed from that role, in hindsight, maybe he prefers playing in general over riding the bench. Maybe a lack of playing time has given him a renewed perspective that he'll play anywhere in an effort to see the floor.

Sky Clark rumors
Like I said in the War Room, the Clark stuff that is coming from people does not coincide with what I'm hearing at all. Maybe he ends up at Tennessee when it's all said and done, that could certainly happen, but things are not nearly as far along as some seem to believe or that some people are putting out there based on what I'm hearing from people I feel safe to say are very close to the situation.
- Rob Lewis

Reactions: Ericvol2096
So VQ is pretty much just confirming Clark and his camp are doing the thing where they just float our name to our high energy fanbase to drum up buzz about him since the shine has come off a bit when he was given the boot from Kentucky. Makes total sense.

I also thought one of the reasons for leaving Auburn was Pearl's insistence on playing him at PG; not Powell’s preferred position on the floor.

Now, a year and a half removed from that role, in hindsight, maybe he prefers playing in general over riding the bench. Maybe a lack of playing time has given him a renewed perspective that he'll play anywhere in an effort to see the floor.
Yes. This. He expressed dissatisfaction at playing point then. Pearl loves the idea of a no-pass shooter being part of his arsenal. Powell does not have the athleticism to be a pg for Barnes. I can’t see him disrupting the first pass or troubling ball handlers on defense, nor do I see his handle or speed working on offense. At Auburn, he played very well as a walk up point who was a shooting threat, and was surprisingly good on the break, but I can’t see him meeting the Barnes mold. If he’s wilting on the wing, imagine how miserable he’d be running the show.

I had the thought yesterday randomly but Powell played a lot of PG at Auburn (out of necessity) and did pretty well, he looked passive off the ball for us, could we maybe try and put him back in that roll as we search for ball handlers some? My guess is that we likely won’t as we look to the portal for guard help, but was just a random thought.
No. From what I saw this past season he doesn't have it to be a PG, his handles weren't the best and he didn't really have the ability to beat defenders off the dribble.

Basilio is on the air starting at 11am. I assume he’ll talk about it a lot today since he might have been the first media outlet going on record that QD is leaving and that JM is absolutely staying.

If anybody calls, give him **** for bashing the Deacon at every opportunity (and then immediately saying that he isn’t).

tonybasilio.com

Reactions: ArdentVol
Basilio is on the air starting at 11am. I assume he’ll talk about it a lot today since he might have been the first media outlet going on record that QD is leaving and that JM is absolutely staying.

If anybody calls, give him **** for bashing the Deacon at every opportunity (and then immediately saying that he isn’t).

tonybasilio.com
I don't think you've listened recently. The last half of this season he's been behing Barnes.

Reactions: HawkVol2213
So with QD, Bailey, and KC all gone or likely gone.

We'd have 2 additional spots since BJE is taking one already. Sounds like Phillips and Pack would be the first 2 choices to take those spots. Murray if ya can't get Phillips and I wonder who is the #2 PG if ya can't get Pack?

I don't think you've listened recently. The last half of this season he's been behing Barnes.

Not haranguing him to your degree, but he can’t mention him without saying something ****** about him in the same breath - even if there’s a compliment it’s qualified. I wonder if he had to change his tune somewhat because his advertisers (or their customers) were getting fed up with his **** stirring.

We'd have 2 additional spots since BJE is taking one already. Sounds like Phillips and Pack would be the first 2 choices to take those spots. Murray if ya can't get Phillips and I wonder who is the #2 PG if ya can't get Pack?
@bleedingTNorange makes it seem Pack isn't atop the list for us at PG transfer

They would take Reneau or another big they felt good about along with Phillips and a PG. Not sure they can land all of those big fish, but they would make room for 3 more if they were the right 3 guys.

Reactions: Vols All Day
They would take Reneau or another big they felt good about along with Phillips and a PG. Not sure they can land all of those big fish, but they would make room for 3 more if they were the right 3 guys.
Yea, doesn’t seem like they’re getting much traction with Reneau.

Not haranguing him to your degree, but he can’t mention him without saying something ****** about him in the same breath - even if there’s a compliment it’s qualified. I wonder if he had to change his tune somewhat because his advertisers (or their customers) were getting fed up with his **** stirring.
I just speak what I see. But no he's probably happy there were Finally some albeit small results.

I just speak what I see. But no he's probably happy there were Finally some albeit small results.

Small results? You apparently missed seeing that in 113 seasons TN has only finished with more wins 3 times. TN has NEVER had a higher AP ranking in the 14x they’ve been ranked at season’s end. First SECT title in over 40 years. Legions. Of. The. Miserable.

Small results? You apparently missed seeing that in 113 seasons TN has only finished with more wins 3 times. TN has NEVER had a higher AP ranking in the 14x they’ve been ranked at season’s end. First SECT title in over 40 years. Legions. Of. The. Miserable.
And finished when in the big dance?

VN Store

Back