Texas baseball hires Jim Schlossnagle of Texas A&M as coach, replacing David Pierce

I'll take Things That Didn't Age Well In Under 24 Hours for a thousand, Alex.

Three reasons Schloss would never leave Texas A&M baseball for the Texas job

1. Texas A&M baseball is about to boast the best baseball facilities in the SEC, and maybe the country.

2.These are two programs with arrows pointed in diametrically opposed directions. The Aggies are trending positively, and the Longhorns are on a steady decline.

3.Why in the world would the Longhorns announce the firing of David Pierce, assuming that Schloss would be their guy, on the biggest day of Schloss’s career?

Because Longhorns Suck. I wish that they stayed far away from SEC. Can't stand that team.
Used to live in Oklahoma during Barry's run. Got to know the Texas rep very well. Was really looking forward to seeing Texas and Bama see who could swing the biggest johnson in this league, but with Saban gone, I don't think it will be nearly as difficult for Texas to carry the day with the league office. There was a reason aTm wanted to get the heck away from that bunch and to keep them from joining the SEC. The camel done got his nose under the tent. This league will quickly and I mean QUICKLY learn all about Texas and grow to hate them at bama levels in short order. You think bama got royal treatment? Just wait until you see the treatment Texas gets over the next 5 years or so.

Man, the aggs board is SALTY!

Texas A&M Baseball & Softball Forum | TexAgs

Cant say I blame them. They put up a helluva fight but the best team prevailed. Still, they were a great team this year. Utter shame that their coach left them before the game 3 uniforms have even been washed. And not just left, but left to go to their most hated rival.

That sucks for them.

Man, the aggs board is SALTY!

Texas A&M Baseball & Softball Forum | TexAgs

Cant say I blame them. They put up a helluva fight but the best team prevailed. Still, they were a great team this year. Utter shame that their coach left them before the game 3 uniforms have even been washed. And not just left, but left to go to their most hated rival.

That sucks for them.
Lots of asterisks there! **** ***** **** ***** ****

Reactions: StarRaider
Damn: A&M watch their team lose the national title game, and then, less than 24 hours later, watch their coach ditch the program
for their hated arch-rival only hours after he expressed indignation when asked about the Texas opening. Di-k move---but not totally
surprising, either. Both texas schools are, for me, the problem with college sports. They both have too many crazy boosters with too little
going on in their lives and way too much money. It's a problem with all majors--but the texas schools are the worst.

Reactions: Pennheel
Last night…in faux, sanctimonious outrage at the mere question. Sans the actual “dismiss” part. Classic political non- denial. 😏

Yep, classic coach speak 101... Deflect and dismiss the question instead of being honest of his interest in the Texas job and letting his team know. It works out a lot better than to come off as a dishonest jerk a day later.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back