Texas baseball hires Jim Schlossnagle of Texas A&M as coach, replacing David Pierce

Texas....this is the type of crap the SEC and member schools will be dealing with.
Everyone wants to win but all the schools in Texas are cutthroat.
This crap has been going on in the state of Texas forever.
SWC, SMU death penalty...Win at all costs.
It already existed in the SEC. Dan Mullen left MSU for Florida. Houston Nutt from Arkansas to Ole Miss. if you believe the stories A&M just tried to hire away Mark Stoops from Kentucky. even in basketball it happens, Calipari to Arkansas was similar in that he was butting heads with the AD. Florida and Georgia traded coaches.

It already existed in the SEC. Dan Mullen left MSU for Florida. Houston Nutt from Arkansas to Ole Miss. if you believe the stories A&M just tried to hire away Mark Stoops from Kentucky. even in basketball it happens, Calipari to Arkansas was similar in that he was butting heads with the AD. Florida and Georgia traded coaches.

Nut was already let go at AR before he made that jump.

Reactions: Zues1 and LouderVol
It's worse. At least O and Kiffin were calling guys after they left Tennessee.

Recruiting guys to another team while employed by a different team sounds like potential lawsuit-type stuff, if true.
Ummm My biggest issue with them calling the credits is they were still doing it on University of Tennessee issued phones that they hadn't returned yet. I understand you take a new job and feel the players you recruited fit what you want but at least call from your new employers phone and not on the school you are leaving in the middle of the night.

This one just has a completely different feel to me. It happened too quickly for this not to have at least already been discussed with Texas while in the middle of a championship run. Schloss, claimed that didn't happen. He seems to tell a lot of whoppers. It's pretty damn low class, IMO
Within 18 hours of that game he and the entire staff jumped ship. Didn't even hang around long enough to let the guys get home and enjoy a hometown welcome.

This one just has a completely different feel to me. It happened too quickly for this not to have at least already been discussed with Texas while in the middle of a championship run. Schloss, claimed that didn't happen. He seems to tell a lot of whoppers. It's pretty damn low class, IMO
Within 18 hours of that game he and the entire staff jumped ship. Didn't even hang around long enough to let the guys get home and enjoy a hometown welcome.
I agree 100% that Schloss is a total dbag for this move. I just don't see Texas any worse for this as far as how shady they are. unless something else comes out about requiring him to recruit or something. but right now it looks like this is 100% on Schloss.

I agree 100% that Schloss is a total dbag for this move. I just don't see Texas any worse for this as far as how shady they are. unless something else comes out about requiring him to recruit or something. but right now it looks like this is 100% on Schloss.
I think most of the bad look for Texas is simply because this makes Schloss look terrible, and Texas is the school that hired him.

They also pretty clearly had hired Schloss for the job before they fired David Pierce, and the announcing of the firing of Pierce the day of the national title game (which of course A&M was playing in) was petty, classless, and a way to insert themselves into a news cycle they weren't in. Which is Texas in a nutshell.

VN Store

Back