Texas, 'He Is Lying. People Are Dying'

This is in my garage plugged into power to keep the battery topped off. It plugs into a transfer panel that switches 10 critical circuits from grid power to generator power. Yes, my gas furnaces are in those critical circuits. We will even still have internet and TV with this setup. No AC compressors tho. The starting currents are too large. Note the “tent” it allows me to roll the generator out of the garage to keep down on carbon monoxide getting into the house.

View attachment 352823
If my vehicle was parked that close to a wall the wall wouldn't look like that except every time it was repaired ;)

Reactions: ajvol01 and AM64
Yet it happens annually. People who pay their electricity bill also die in their homes from heat in the Summer. One summer when I lived in IL, hundreds or people in Chicago died from heat during a heat wave.
Again, you either own your safety and security or you don’t. Sitting in your chair and freezing to death is completely avoidable and the definition of not owning your own safety and security.

This is in my garage plugged into power to keep the battery topped off. It plugs into a transfer panel that switches 10 critical circuits from grid power to generator power. Yes, my gas furnaces are in those critical circuits. We will even still have internet and TV with this setup. No AC compressors tho. The starting currents are too large. Note the “tent” it allows me to roll the generator out of the garage to keep down on carbon monoxide getting into the house.

View attachment 352823

But...But...But..."You Are RICH"!!

Again, you either own your safety and security or you don’t. Sitting in your chair and freezing to death is completely avoidable and the definition of not owning your own safety and security.

yes/no - I get your point but some people have lost the ability.

If my vehicle was parked that close to a wall the wall wouldn't look like that except every time it was repaired ;)
So I did the initial 3D model for this house including the garage designs. The garage wheel stop is set at a distance where with my F250 tires against it and a trailer hitch installed I still don’t contact the wall. Yes, I’m that OCD 😎

yes/no - I get your point but some people have lost the ability.
Yep agreed. However even if you cannot deal with a situation you don’t sit down and die.

The Chicago situation you described is much tougher to avoid than what we are dealing with in TX right now. But at least people had mobility. FFS do something! Don’t just wait on the government to come to the damn rescue.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
So, being responsible for your own well-being should extend beyond the reasonable expectation that paying your electricity bill on time in a first world country (though we may be slipping, we still qualify) guarantees your ability to avoid freezing to death....

Yes. Machines and systems fail.

So I did the initial 3D model for this house including the garage designs. The garage wheel stop is set at a distance where with my F250 tires against it and a trailer hitch installed I still don’t contact the wall. Yes, I’m that OCD 😎
Some of us would come in crooked, miss the wheel stop and go through the wall waiting on the wheel stop ;)
I wonder how many people who freeze to death in their home own guns. Seems like those who are prepared are prepared.......

Good to know the Cruz's left the family dog behind to freeze to death.

Texas disaster exposes what happens when Republicans replace governance with trolling
Ok the bastard now needs to be publically drawn and quartered. Light his ass up.

Edit: apparently Snowflake was under the care of the security guard so nope, denied!

As I approached to knock, a man stepped out of the Suburban parked in Cruz’s driveway. “Is this Senator Cruz’s house?” I asked. He said it was, that Cruz wasn’t home, and identified himself as a security guard. When asked who was taking care of the dog, the guard volunteered that he was. Reassured of the dog’s well-being, I returned to my car. Before leaving, though, I took a photo of the house from my car window, making sure not to include the house address.

I would not expect to die in such a manner. Now, I take note of all the Clint Eastwood types on here, but still, a person in the United States of America who pays his utility bills on time... SHOULD NOT FREEZE TO DEATH IN THEIR OWN DAMN LIVING ROOM!

I agree. They should be prepared for when the system fails.

Reactions: AM64 and NEO
During the Chicago thing I was in my 2nd full Summer there after growing up in Tennessee. It was hot for sure but nothing I hadn't encountered almost every Summer in TN. I couldn't believe it was so deadly but basically that area of the country wasn't prepared for a rare weather event. The couldn't meet power demand and lots of buildings didn't have AC. Sadly people baked like potatoes in their homes.

Reactions: AM64
During the Chicago thing I was in my 2nd full Summer there after growing up in Tennessee. It was hot for sure but nothing I hadn't encountered almost every Summer in TN. I couldn't believe it was so deadly but basically that area of the country wasn't prepared for a rare weather event. The couldn't meet power demand and lots of buildings didn't have AC. Sadly people baked like potatoes in their homes.
My mom used to tell her stories about summer in Memphis without ac but I know they're hot. Doubt it could be worse in Chicago.

Some days I wonder if we're truly advancing as a species

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1

VN Store

Back