That's racist!

I posted to give context and to have a convo. Not because we are lock step here.
The author ultimately believes:
“Racism is individual, not just institutional. As individuals, we all have the power to hurt one another. However, though power dynamics of race in our society shouldn’t absolve some races from the ability to be racist, they should affect how we determine degrees of racism. I’d argue that, on average, a racist comment would cause a white person less harm or fear than it would cause a black person. I’m not sure how exactly one could measure that, but white people have it easier in America, and that shouldn’t be a controversial statement.”

I clearly defined the difference @ bolded. I see grey area however.

I disagree with your furtherance. How can you be prejudice without action?

The majority of these ”ways” are controlled by people that are not black. The system is fatally flawed.
Prejudice is simply a belief.

I believe blue is an inferior color, I am prejudiced against blue. However, I dont take action to avoid blue things, or treat blue things differently than other colors. Am I color-ist, or just prejudiced?

All examiners have ruled the death a homicide independent of drugs.

It is the rate in which police kill black people vs white people. They are 2.8 times more likely to be murdered by police.

The war on drugs initiated by Reagan (one of the most overrated Presidents of all time) was inherently racist. Please research this more.

There is so much more that needs to be changed but we can agree your last point should be looked at.
It wasn’t just fentanyl..... Thc , morphine, amphetamines...75% widow maker LAD blockage, 90% RCA blockage lungs edematous, enlarged heart. He was only going to go so long before a heart attack add the drugs at the levels they found and he’s a dead man standing.

Before the police murdered him? Too many black people agree with you unfortunately
Before he died being restrained, running from somebody, or just plain OD'd. There's no such thing as recreational fentanyl use. Your next time could easily be your last time. Dude was 46 years old, had Covid, heart issues, and still continued to use an incredibly dangerous drug and do dumb **** to up his chances of a police encounter.

Plethora of reasons. Primarily the culture they grow up in promotes violence. But that's not how your post was stated. It was stated as if police kill them at a higher rate without provocation, when if you compare the rate violent offenders are killed it is almost exactly the same across the board demographically.

Huh? Please explain the bolded.

Please provide a link to the underlined.

Because people are telling them no matter what they can't get ahead because whitey is after you and will never let you succeed because they are racist. Meanwhile the two must successful groups of Americans today are ethnicities of color.

A large portion of the issue in the AA community is cultural. There is no way around that.
By your logic, black people have super weak resolve. I give them much more credit.

Please explain the bolded.

Prejudice is simply a belief.

I believe blue is an inferior color, I am prejudiced against blue. However, I dont take action to avoid blue things, or treat blue things differently than other colors. Am I color-ist, or just prejudiced?
Agreed with the bolded.
How can you perform prejudice on an individual without an act is what I meant.

By your logic, black people have super weak resolve. I give them much more credit.

Please explain the bolded.
Stop snitching, abandonment of the nuclear family, not a strong emphasis on education, attitude of being intelligent being a bad thing, taught not to trust the system or white people in general.

These are things I've seen and learned in my younger years in these communities. I grew up there, was taught some of the very same things. One thing I noticed was those that had a strong family with parents that cared and we're involved fared better. Those that left had varying levels of successful lives. Those that didn't are either dead, in jail or caught up in the streets, a few of them still live in the old neighborhoods and are productive good people but the bad element makes life hard on them.

The AA is resilient, but many years of slavery in the plantation, followed by decades of well intended programs that had horrible consequences has ingrained in them. Many are walking up to the realization Democrats don't care about them beyond the vote, just like every other politician and party.

Huh? Please explain the bolded.

Please provide a link to the underlined.

Turn on any of the top 10 hip hop songs that young black people primarily listen to. I’m sure every single one mentions some form of drug use, gang violence, objectifying women. It’s an expected and accepted outcome for most urban black youths. I’ll try and find the statistics in a minute on the underlined.

VN Store

Back