That's racist!

One thing I'm curious about. I realize I get really annoyed with the all the woke commercials with seemingly mandated multi racial families. My thought goes to "You had 30 or 60 seconds to sell me on a car and you blew it by trying to sell me on your thoughts on culture, so screw you and any thought you may have had that I will buy your car or whatever." Does that and the gratuitous thing of changing race of movie characters annoy others?

The fact that you think advertising a multiracial family is cramming any sort of cultural shift down your throat speaks volumes, as does the list of folks who liked your post. If you had FLVOL79, you'd have the complete pantheon of racist pieces of **** on VN.

I think it only annoys those who are inherently fearful of things becoming more diverse, or to be blunt, less white.

After lecturing on Racist Asian fonts, CNN Misidentifies Asian pro golfer

CNN article uses wrong photo of South Korean player at Masters

CNN followed up its widely lampooned report declaring the use of certain Asian fonts are racist by mixing up a pair of South Korean golfers on Saturday.

CNN ran an article about PGA golfer Si Woo Kim but used a photo of Sungjae Im. They are both from South Korea and competed in The Masters, but the similarities end there.

After lecturing on racist Asian fonts, CNN misidentifies Asian pro golfer

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I think you have to be pretty obsessed with race to think about stuff like that, honestly

Tell that to the companies and advertising agencies who go well out of their way to be “woke”. Noticing it doesn’t mean anyone gives a s***. I chalk it up like when I’m watching a video and someone’s ad pops up in the middle, from then on I try to avoid ever purchasing anything from them ever again. I forget the one commercial but the white dude says to invest in black owned businesses. Then a gay black dude says to invest in green businesses. The reality is I invest in whatever is best for and don’t give a s*** who owns it or what business it is.

After lecturing on Racist Asian fonts, CNN Misidentifies Asian pro golfer

CNN article uses wrong photo of South Korean player at Masters

CNN followed up its widely lampooned report declaring the use of certain Asian fonts are racist by mixing up a pair of South Korean golfers on Saturday.

CNN ran an article about PGA golfer Si Woo Kim but used a photo of Sungjae Im. They are both from South Korea and competed in The Masters, but the similarities end there.

After lecturing on racist Asian fonts, CNN misidentifies Asian pro golfer

Sounds like my girlfriend. After I knew it was over I started getting the grill ready. She yells at me and says “high-dookie” won.

Reactions: AM64
One thing I'm curious about. I realize I get really annoyed with the all the woke commercials with seemingly mandated multi racial families. My thought goes to "You had 30 or 60 seconds to sell me on a car and you blew it by trying to sell me on your thoughts on culture, so screw you and any thought you may have had that I will buy your car or whatever." Does that and the gratuitous thing of changing race of movie characters annoy others?
I’m not the only one who recognized advertising has gone full stupid.

I think you have to be pretty obsessed with race to think about stuff like that, honestly

You miss the point entirely. There are fantastic black actors that I'd far prefer to watch over let's say a Tom Cruise, I picked a black cardiologist 30 years ago over all the others in town. People are people. My parents and then I have spent a lot of time in Japan, and I thoroughly enjoyed it and the people. I do reserve the right to despise China even if I probably wouldn't feel the same about most Chinese people. It isn't a person's skin; it all comes down to the person inside the skin, and we aren't doing anybody any favors by compartmentalizing and forcing tolerance. My opinion is that we've regressed on race relations for many years by trying to force compliance rather than allowing change - think evolution rather than revolution. People require a buy in - part of marketing is to sell a concept rather than force acceptance. I may just have a more stubborn streak than most people; but if you shove something in my face and say this is how it is, I promise you that my mind will reject it every time. The art of subtilty is apparently gone along with any sense of reason in people who want to foster change today.

You miss the point entirely. There are fantastic black actors that I'd far prefer to watch over let's say a Tom Cruise, I picked a black cardiologist 30 years ago over all the others in town. People are people. My parents and then I have spent a lot of time in Japan, and I thoroughly enjoyed it and the people. I do reserve the right to despise China even if I probably wouldn't feel the same about most Chinese people. It isn't a person's skin; it all comes down to the person inside the skin, and we aren't doing anybody any favors by compartmentalizing and forcing tolerance. My opinion is that we've regressed on race relations for many years by trying to force compliance rather than allowing change - think evolution rather than revolution. People require a buy in - part of marketing is to sell a concept rather than force acceptance. I may just have a more stubborn streak than most people; but if you shove something in my face and say this is how it is, I promise you that my mind will reject it every time. The art of subtilty is apparently gone along with any sense of reason in people who want to foster change today.

Dr Love!

I admire the piousness of the Japanese people, Not sure how they became such warmongers, Probably Western influence.
They are cheap and quibble over the cost of everything though IME

Last edited:
Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
The fact that you think advertising a multiracial family is cramming any sort of cultural shift down your throat speaks volumes, as does the list of folks who liked your post. If you had FLVOL79, you'd have the complete pantheon of racist pieces of **** on VN.

I think it only annoys those who are inherently fearful of things becoming more diverse, or to be blunt, less white.
Noticing a difference from a year ago where interracial and gay couples were fairly represented on advertising to 10 % in the country to now 80% of all commercials representing 10% of the country is neither racist nor homophobic. Its a noticeable trend.
@Tastylicks I forgot to tell you in order to be dink you also had to turn into an enormous rage monster occasionally.

Noticing a difference from a year ago where interracial and gay couples were fairly represented on advertising to 10 % in the country to now 80% of all commercials representing 10% of the country is neither racist nor homophobic. Its a noticeable trend.
@Tastylicks I forgot to tell you in order to be dink you also had to turn into an enormous rage monster occasionally.

Being annoyed and noticing a change are two completely different things. AM64 said he found it annoying to see a marketing trend that is geared towards inclusiveness on the basis of interracial couples being displayed more often than before. You can attempt to distort it as much as you can, but that's an inherently bigoted thing for him to say. He didn't even mention gay couples.

Serious question: did you even read what he said or are you just coming off a really long shift? ;)

Just because I liberally use words like f*** and sh*t in no way means I ever experience even a fart's whiff of anger as a result of the nonsense I respond to on this board. I come here to pass time during bowel movements an uber rides. It's not even cathartic for things I'm *actually* angry about in the real world.

Idk, I watch a lot of commercials and never once have I thought: "boy there's too many interracial/mixed race actors for my liking" :)

what a strange topic/observation

Being annoyed and noticing a change are two completely different things. AM64 said he found it annoying to see a marketing trend that is geared towards inclusiveness on the basis of interracial couples being displayed more often than before. You can attempt to distort it as much as you can, but that's an inherently bigoted thing for him to say. He didn't even mention gay couples.

Serious question: did you even read what he said or are you just coming off a really long shift? ;)

Just because I liberally use words like f*** and sh*t in no way means I ever experience even a fart's whiff of anger as a result of the nonsense I respond to on this board. I come here to pass time during bowel movements an uber rides. It's not even cathartic for things I'm *actually* angry about in the real world.
I’m glad you clarified. I’ve spent 4 years thinking you were the most pissed off human being ever.

So which player or reporter is going to be the sacrificial lamb to ask Hideki Matsuyama what they’re serving next year at the Champions Dinner? Everyone is going to walk very carefully around that next year.
If I were to be able to partake, I would LOVE it if he brought some real Ramen... and sushi.... "real" Japanese food is da best....

Well, they weren't engaging in sexual acts in the car and the commercials generally include one apparent male one apparent female and kids, so maybe I just foolishly jumped to a conclusion they weren't pushing perverted sexual practices, too ... oh, and that they recognized the biological requirements to make kids. But just to make you happy - some of the drug commercials include gay couples, and I abhor that, too. Better now?

You gotta go where you wanna go
Do what you wanna do
With whoever you wanna do it with

Just don't tell me that acceptance is mandatory. I'm a "don't ask don't tell" kind of guy. Don't force more, and I won't judge.

Idk, I watch a lot of commercials and never once have I thought: "boy there's too many interracial/mixed race actors for my liking" :)

what a strange topic/observation

For your liking? I bet those aren’t the same color-blind glasses you wear....when it comes to...say...black on black crime, black incarceration rates.

Being annoyed at a bunch of virtue signaling hypocrite corporations is not bigotry necessarily. Overrepresenting interracial couples seems like pandering to me. I won't burn too many calories being annoyed by it, but I notice the pandering and it makes me roll my eyes sometimes.

VN Store

Back