That's racist!

Well, they weren't engaging in sexual acts in the car and the commercials generally include one apparent male one apparent female and kids, so maybe I just foolishly jumped to a conclusion they weren't pushing perverted sexual practices, too ... oh, and that they recognized the biological requirements to make kids. But just to make you happy - some of the drug commercials include gay couples, and I abhor that, too. Better now?

Just don't tell me that acceptance is mandatory. I'm a "don't ask don't tell" kind of guy. Don't force more, and I won't judge.

it's what they call 'bigoted'... rebranded as "don't ask, don't tell kind of guy" :)

"I'm okay with gay people as long as I dont see them ever or have to accept them
I'm okay with black people as long as I only see them on the football field for UT and not in too many commercials. :)"

it's what they call 'bigoted'... rebranded as "don't ask, don't tell kind of guy" :)

"I'm okay with gay people as long as I dont see them ever or have to accept them
I'm okay with black people as long as I only see them on the football field for UT and not in too many commercials. :)"

It's OK. I'm a deplorable, too. It's hard to teach old dogs new tricks. It's also normal for kids to think they know so much more than everybody else ... until they walk in their elder's footsteps.

Well, they weren't engaging in sexual acts in the car and the commercials generally include one apparent male one apparent female and kids, so maybe I just foolishly jumped to a conclusion they weren't pushing perverted sexual practices, too ... oh, and that they recognized the biological requirements to make kids. But just to make you happy - some of the drug commercials include gay couples, and I abhor that, too. Better now?

Just don't tell me that acceptance is mandatory. I'm a "don't ask don't tell" kind of guy. Don't force more, and I won't judge.
Meh... I’m the one who noticed the gay couples. I’m a live and let live person.
Force something on me and I’m the first one to tell someone to bugger off.

It's OK. I'm a deplorable, too. It's hard to teach old dogs new tricks. It's also normal for kids to think they know so much more than everybody else ... until they walk in their elder's footsteps.

well fortunately the old dogs die off and the younger dogs aren't so ignorant :)

Idk, I watch a lot of commercials and never once have I thought: "boy there's too many interracial/mixed race actors for my liking" :)

what a strange topic/observation
I don’t necessarily thinks it’s strange. I would say it’s very common over the course of the last year to have commercials featuring a mixed race and I’m not gonna say I don’t notice it. For me it’s kind of patronizing, because you know the company doesn’t want to get emails and complaints because they didn’t feature a particular race. I feel like they’re killing 2 birds with one stone so no one is like “hey I’m a Hispanic and I like enjoying a Sunsetter retractable awning wtf?” At the same time I see a mixed race commercial and I’m thinking to myself that there is no way that black chick would date that goofy white guy. None at all. That’s the only way it bothers me.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I agree. Hibachi Express Steak, shrimp and chicken with the extra yum yum and ginger is amazing .
There is a film called "Ramen Heads" It is in Japanese with subtitles, but it is a story about this guy in Japan that wants to win the equivalent of the 4 (5?) star Michelin rating for his Ramen. He wants to produce an amazing meal for $8. No spoiler alert, but it is inspiring. It makes me want to try my hand at making real Ramen like they do. His shop is smaller than my cockpit and the line forms at 4am...

Being annoyed at a bunch of virtue signaling hypocrite corporations is not bigotry necessarily. Overrepresenting interracial couples seems like pandering to me. I won't burn too many calories being annoyed by it, but I notice the pandering and it makes me roll my eyes sometimes.

Appealing to under-represented markets is only pandering if you have a default view on the world in the first place. I'm not sure it's virtue signaling when it comes to ads.

AM64's last post said he abhorred homosexuality. The dude literally just admitted to being a bigot. I don't know why there's even some feigned contest on that point. Lol.

Appealing to under-represented markets is only pandering if you have a default view on the world in the first place. I'm not sure it's virtue signaling when it comes to ads.

AM64's last post said he abhorred homosexuality. The dude literally just admitted to being a bigot. I don't know why there's even some feigned contest on that point. Lol.

It was actually about another brand of diversity inclusivity in a commercial since tasty felt my bigotry was to un-inclusive, but if lack of clarity makes you feel better, no big deal.

For a forum that constantly accuses folks of being weak, too easily offended, and snowflakes, it sure is funny to watch them all get triggered and clutch their pearls over the sheer audacity of an interracial, minority, or gay couple being included in a television ad.

Reactions: Tastylicks

VN Store

Back