That's racist!

What I find comical is he feels he does not owe anybody anything, while proclaiming the national policy owes his cause.

It's a one-way conversation and whitey can just shut up and nod his privileged head.
Even in Appalachia were it must be raining t-bone steaks and loaded baked potatoes due to climate racism.

Last edited:
Are immigrants to this country who are people of color more or less successful than their US born counterparts?

I'm sure one of our statistical experts could find these metrics. I think the results could be interesting.

To follow up on my prior post I think it interesting because of my own anecdotal experiences from my old neighborhood. There were a significant amount of Lao, Thai and Cambodian along with various Hispanic kids and AA's some of which parents were immigrants.

My experience was the parents of immigrants were very hard workers who were very tough on their kids. Some of their kids really applied themselves. Some of them did not, and it made their parents furious. Some were kicked out of their homes and disowned. They couldn't understand how their children could take the opportunity they had been blessed with for granted.

My take is that immigrants who fought to get here through the naturalization process were some of the hardest workers I've ever known. Many of them worked multiple jobs to better themselves and their families. The next generation was 50/50 hit or miss, some of them assumed their parents' work ethic, the others took it for granted.

Last edited:
Reactions: NCFisher
Are immigrants to this country who are people of color more or less successful than their US born counterparts?

I'm sure one of our statistical experts could find these metrics. I think the results could be interesting.

The bulk of studies not seemingly picking data to suit an argument, indicate such migrants do better, whether African, Asian, or Hisp/Latino and are more entrepreneurial. Some bring higher education levels with them, while others do not.

Economically, it's a mixed bag; I think this is an objective perspective that mostly aligns with studies I've seen over the years: Yes, Immigration Hurts American Workers with the bottom line being that immigration hurts most those already in pain, low-skilled native workers, and very little relief for them. He's also one of the few honest enough to acknowledge that immigrants consume enormous subsidy/welfare, or whatever you'd like to call it, despite the claim "immigrants don't get welfare".

Reactions: AshG and KB5252
At Lowe's this afternoon a black woman asked if I worked there. My therapist says the PTSD will subside in in few weeks, I'm taking a sabbatical from work in the hopes I can be 80% of the man I was this morning.

I understand your trauma.

I was on the putting green this weekend and some guy pulled up in a cart about 30 feet away and starting motion for me to come over.

I walked away from my sidewinder 20 footer I was lining up to see who it was. When I got over there he asked me, “Where do you want me to leave my golf cart?”

I didn’t even bother correcting him. I said “Just leave it there and I’ll take care of it.”

The bulk of studies not seemingly picking data to suit an argument, indicate such migrants do better, whether African, Asian, or Hisp/Latino and are more entrepreneurial. Some bring higher education levels with them, while others do not.

Economically, it's a mixed bag; I think this is an objective perspective that mostly aligns with studies I've seen over the years: Yes, Immigration Hurts American Workers with the bottom line being that immigration hurts most those already in pain, low-skilled native workers, and very little relief for them. He's also one of the few honest enough to acknowledge that immigrants consume enormous subsidy/welfare, or whatever you'd like to call it, despite the claim "immigrants don't get welfare".
This is one thing democrats struggle to reconcile. They want living wages and a more lax immigration policy. You can’t do both. Immigrants depress wages for low skill jobs. If you want to artificially inflate wages by government decree in the name of equity you’re going to find the push for automation accelerated.

I understand your trauma.

I was on the putting green this weekend and some guy pulled up in a cart about 30 feet away and starting motion for me to come over.

I walked away from my sidewinder 20 footer I was lining up to see who it was. When I got over there he asked me, “Where do you want me to leave my golf cart?”

I didn’t even bother correcting him. I said “Just leave it there and I’ll take care of it.”
I was at a landscaping place a couple weeks ago and there was a guy out by the rock pallets in a truck. I went over there to look at some flagstone and he lets me know he’s waiting on his contractor to call him back. I said uh ok, he then proceeds to explain in detail what his project is and what he thinks he’s going to need and what colors work etc. I couldn’t get a word in. He finally takes a breath and I said that all sounds great, just so you know I don’t work here. He looked at me for a second and said well I feel stupid lol.

can you give me the coordinates for the steaks & taters?? axin fer a friend.

Any WV nail-shack whose corn crop has withered brown due to drought, and has a 4' deep pile of gnawed over Certified Angus bones in back. Jean overalls, barefoot, and toothpicks are a dead giveaway that climate racism is alive and well!

Reactions: StarRaider
This is one thing democrats struggle to reconcile. They want living wages and a more lax immigration policy. You can’t do both. Immigrants depress wages for low skill jobs. If you want to artificially inflate wages by government decree in the name of equity you’re going to find the push for automation accelerated.

Industry has abused the visa program with plaintive cries "Americans can't do tech work; we need Indians!", while such Americans can't get a sniff.

The thing Trump gave Republicans is a populist blueprint, to take the willing American workers entirely from Dems who've become infatuated with Silicon Valley and thinks everyone should work @ Google. It's literally opportunity sizzling on their plate while the Cheneys, Romneys, and Kinzinger's want to 're-educate' the base in the mold of Bush and McCain.

We're not past that history at all. Multiple examples of institutionalized segregation still exist in the South within the past fifteen years. School construction issues in Mississippi. Licensure and ID offices in Alabama. Voting in Georgia. Easily searched, easily found.

The "Left" hasn't done much to help, I agree. They've patted themselves on the back for throwing money in the general direction and then moving on to the next thing to congratulate themselves for.
Oh please 🙄

Reactions: StarRaider
We're not past that history at all. Multiple examples of institutionalized segregation still exist in the South within the past fifteen years. School construction issues in Mississippi. Licensure and ID offices in Alabama. Voting in Georgia. Easily searched, easily found.

The "Left" hasn't done much to help, I agree. They've patted themselves on the back for throwing money in the general direction and then moving on to the next thing to congratulate themselves for.
Disqualify yourself by listing voting in GA

Mississippi is heavily segregated (although not forcefully). As already mentioned, schools are controlled as close to the local level as possible, although there are models of success.
Mississippi district shows integrated schools pay off: 'We're stronger than we've ever been'

Mississippi is heavily segregated (although not forcefully). As already mentioned, schools are controlled as close to the local level as possible, although there are models of success.
Mississippi district shows integrated schools pay off: 'We're stronger than we've ever been'

Do you have any clue what segregation means in the minds of most people? There is a huge difference between building a school in the area in which its students are located for logistic reasons, which again should be obvious, and forcing students to go to a specific school simply based off of the color of their skin, religion, etc.

Depends entirely on the person.

Generally though, not valuable enough to need to punish those who have it.

Those with a so called “head start” most likely have hard working parents (both) that instill those same qualities onto their kids but even then there’s no guarantee. How many generations of government assistance does it take for someone to make some effort to instill those same values in their own kids? If you don’t work, have 5 kids with 5 baby daddy’s, didn’t try in school or ensure your kids do, etc then I doubt your going to get that “head start”. Someone has to break the cycle instead of constantly crying and wanting to be a victim.

Those with a so called “head start” most likely have hard working parents (both) that instill those same qualities onto their kids but even then there’s no guarantee. How many generations of government assistance does it take for someone to make some effort to instill those same values in their own kids? If you don’t work, have 5 kids with 5 baby daddy’s, didn’t try in school or ensure your kids do, etc then I doubt your going to get that “head start”. Someone has to break the cycle instead of constantly crying and wanting to be a victim.
its the tale of this country.
99% of the successful people had to apply themselves, to something. sports, tech, business, science, farming, education, whatever. doesn't matter where they started, all that matters is where they take themselves. the government can't give that away, and really seems to have the opposite effect on people.

its the tale of this country.
99% of the successful people had to apply themselves, to something. sports, tech, business, science, farming, education, whatever. doesn't matter where they started, all that matters is where they take themselves. the government can't give that away, and really seems to have the opposite effect on people.

Grit, determination, and a little bit of luck can lead to good things. Just have to see it through.

Reactions: hog88 and LouderVol

VN Store

Back