That's racist!

2 economists from Sweden produced a world map showing the percentage of people who would NOT want a neighbor moving in of a different race. Many countries (including US) showed less than 5% would not want. Jordan and India (i think) were the worst at 40%+.
2 economist from Sweden... Are they the same 2 dudes from Sweden that supposedly write all that crappy autotuned pop music I hear in the gym all day long? If they are, can we kill them?

Reactions: StarRaider
2 economist from Sweden... Are they the same 2 dudes from Sweden that supposedly write all that crappy autotuned pop music I hear in the gym all day long? If they are, can we kill them?

Who says they are dudes?
I am coming outta the closet..I like Dancing Queen

giphy.gif

I agree with that and I honestly don't think anyone can to be frank. I am not advocating for a homogenous society, I just keep hearing about how diversity is our strength, and I would love to know why that is the case.
Its not. You get too many cultures too close together and there are usually issues. Acceptable in one culture is an insult in another.

It's a manner of speech, good grief; of course you didn't define the term since if predates you by at least a century.
😴 @ corny joke and attempt at saving face.
You acknowledged the actual definition of racism by stating your discriminatory comments are not racist, indeed that some discrimination is good; I agree. BUT, you then used as your sole defense against a charge of racism that you do not think another race inferior. That is the correct definition of racism, that a group of people are inferior due to immutable characteristics due to race. And YOUR argument undermines the claim of systemic racism.
Sigh, here you go again making yet another ridiculous leap. 🤦‍♂️
Yes, I think what I stated because it's demonstrably true.
Annually, black offenders account for about 35% of all violent crime, non-Hispanic whites about 41%, and Hisp/Latinos about 20%. Table 43 Whites are about 61% of the population, while blacks are about 13.3%, and Hisp/Lat 18.5%. In spite of that, of the 1100 or so people killed by police each year, about 25% will be black, 18% Hisp/Latino, and about half will be white. People shot to death by U.S. police, by race 2021 | Statista Again - statistically, given groups involvement in violent crime - it would seem police should be killing fewer whites or more blacks.

So, your "SIX times more likely" means little in context. 2014 was the last time I ran the numbers to compare violent crime RATES Table 43 and found these murder offender rates per 100K:
- a White rate of 1.3,
- a Black rate of 10 - that's TEN
- a Hisp/Latino rate of 2.3.
That means blacks have a murder offender rate 7.8 - nearly 800% - higher than whites, and Hisp/Lats a rate 1.8 (180%) higher than whites. Rape: blacks - 2.9 times and Hisp/Lats 1.8 higher than whites. Robbery - 9.6 and 2.0 times higher than whites. Agg. assault - 3.5 and 1.6 times higher. Burglary is the only violent crime category in which blacks and Hisp/Lats underperform whites with comparative rates 0.6 and 0.2 that of whites.
This is an incredibly dumb rebuttal by you. Does everyone deserve to be shot for a violent crime? 😳😂
It isn't a racial thing, but a propensity for crime thing.
Please explain, because this statement sounds racist 🤦‍♂️
94% of police killings involve armed suspects. Yet, this author The Overwhelming Number of Police Shootings Involve Armed Suspects found over 12.3 million references to police killing unarmed people - so why the apoplexy? The ridiculous claims that police forces were created to hunt fugitive blacks (false) and are therefore based in and remain artifacts of "white supremacy" (false again). That everything - from simple mathematics, objectivity, for crying out loud, the constitution, government, acknowledging "hey, that 'woman' has a pecker" - are the mantle of white supremacy? It's nonsense and it is purposeful manipulation.

That's my "slant", what's yours?
Equality.
Lastly, given the propensity with which you claim AM64, Ricky, etc. have demonstrated their "racism", you should be able to provide at least an instance any of us can say "oh hell yeah, that's racist!", but you haven't done so. I've also had conversations with or observed their conversations, and you're full of shite. The burden of proof is on YOU, not them. Put up, or shut up and retract.
I do not owe you a thing 😂😂😂. Only @Rickyvol77 has refuted and it’s because he isn’t smart enough to understand a propensity argument is racist. Curious to see if you fall in that boat 🤔
Btw, I’ve provided instances before, and speaking of cowards, @AM64 is clearly not responding for a reason 🤦‍♂️

I don’t. I’m going by what you’re posting here, including what you yourself used as evidence of systemic racism. It seems your own posts are fair game when it comes to proving your thought process. Sure it’s possible there’s more to the story but you haven’t offered anything else up that I’ve seen.
Well I suppose you could read through all of my 1,000+ posts and then you can try again to put me in your character box or you can just attempt a conversation

Impossible or difficult? If they're impossible to overcome, how do you explain successful black men like Barack Obama or Dr. Ben Carson? It's this myth that it's "impossible" that keeps some from trying. It's a fall back excuse. No child, of any color, should be taught success is impossible. Anything is possible if you're willing to put in the work and never give up.
This is another conversation I’d love to have here!
Can I answer with a return question? How valuable is a head start in a capitalist society?

Can I answer with a return question? How valuable is a head start in a capitalist society?

Could you Qualify “head start” in the US since I’m assuming this is where we will be talking about 99% of the time . I feel like there’s a lot of word games being played and head start would be one of phrases meant to stir up emotion , without it being qualified first. .

^thats it there it is!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Keep bringing that stupidity Anal!!! 😂😂😂
You literary made my day the other day 😂
You got me!

You being in "the annals of VN history" makes no sense. You being anal does. Sorry your life is so devoid of a play of words, and obviously you missed @NorthDallas40 comments in another thread the day prior...but you do you clown.

Enjoy Oakland LMAO

Very valuable but unless your Bill Gates’ (or similar) kid there will always be someone starting ahead of you. It’s what you do with the opportunities you have that matter, not what opportunities someone else has.

I’m happy to take any specific issue and discuss.
Ok. What program takes a person out of poverty instantly? Let me know, and I may give your under-served comment more credence.
I doubt you have any clue how much my family has invested and continues to invest. In addition to local work, I’m connected to groups in Atlanta, Bedford Stuy as well as skid row in California. The information sharing and what we’ve learned over 20 years is impressive.

My 20 year old daughter is 2nd gen and is now serving in two communities on a weekly basis. This in addition to being a full time student and working two jobs.
There are a ton of worthless organizations out there but whose fault is that? I am curious about how you serve and invest. I’m not very impressed of what I have read from you thus far in regards to race honestly. That is a sad Republican talking point you referenced @ blacks can’t do for themselves. I truly only believe racist people even think along those lines.
A good start would be to read two books. Toxic Charity and When Helping Hurts.

And again, I’d challenge you to look at your statement, which is subtly laced with critical race theory.

In addition to urban causes, I’ve also worked with Appalachian communities. These are nearly 100% white and are far worse in terms of quality of life. It has its differences, but much if not most of the issues are similar if not the same. Since it’s isolated and out of the view of many, it goes unnoticed. The biggest difference is that many of these folks are truly helpless. There are no jobs to get. Few resource centers and those that exist are miles away from the folks they serve.
Sigh just no. I am not impressed. Your information sharing network is clearly all white. I’d suggest you start by trying to engage better in these communities you claim to serve.

Very valuable but unless your Bill Gates’ (or similar) kid there will always be someone starting ahead of you. It’s what you do with the opportunities you have that matter, not what opportunities someone else has.

That’s life regardless of what system you are in , or what country .. somebody will have it just a little bit easier even if it’s something as simple as just having a bigger rock to beat the goat over the head with . 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back