That's racist!

Or inheritance. Or opportunity. Or the system. Or politics.
But it seems like “It’s all related to race in your adolescent IQ driven brain.” 🤷‍♂️

Opportunity comes from hard work, the average person isn’t inheriting wealth from anyone, politics has nothing to do with success, and the system is what you make of it. Thank you for proving my point, all you see is race in any situation. People who genuinely help others don’t see race in every conceivable issue facing society, the perpetually offended do

The response to any discussion of race or race related issues here is always a mine rich in sociological data.

How different would the discussion be if we were talking about Appalachian folk? Generations of poverty, yet they work themselves to the bone. Little wealth to pass on. Reliant on multiple forms of assistance and targeted programs. Yet, somehow, they are given a pass from the snide and dismissive remarks that a small handful of posters here toss about exponentially more often than actual meaningful contribution.

Data is interesting.

Opportunity comes from hard work, the average person isn’t inheriting wealth from anyone, politics has nothing to do with success, and the system is what you make of it. Thank you for proving my point, all you see is race in any situation. People who genuinely help others don’t see race in every conceivable issue facing society, the perpetually offended do
Not all the time @ bold.
See graphs @ the rest.

The response to any discussion of race or race related issues here is always a mine rich in sociological data.

How different would the discussion be if we were talking about Appalachian folk? Generations of poverty, yet they work themselves to the bone. Little wealth to pass on. Reliant on multiple forms of assistance and targeted programs. Yet, somehow, they are given a pass from the snide and dismissive remarks that a small handful of posters here toss about exponentially more often than actual meaningful contribution.

Data is interesting.

Coal mining and subsistence farming are never going to make anyone rich, that’s a silly comparison. Hard work extends beyond manual labor in case you were wondering

Coal mining and subsistence farming are never going to make anyone rich, that’s a silly comparison. Hard work extends beyond manual labor in case you were wondering

I'm well aware of degrees of hard work, both manual and otherwise.

And my point was not with coal mining or subsistence farming, but with differential treatment.

Not all the time @ bold.
See graphs @ the rest.

And if it doesn’t then you try a different approach, you don’t blame your skin color or someone else. You keep working until you achieve success, something that is very foreign to your arguments. Giving someone a handout is not going to improve their desire to succeed

Data is interesting.
Some one else made this point but the similarities are faint at best

And if it doesn’t then you try a different approach, you don’t blame your skin color or someone else. You keep working until you achieve success, something that is very foreign to your arguments. Giving someone a handout is not going to improve their desire to succeed

Everything he says is complete bs.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
I'm well aware of degrees of hard work, both manual and otherwise.

And my point was not with coal mining or subsistence farming, but with differential treatment.

You are aware that Appalachia has extremely high addiction, poverty, and incarceration rates? Hardly fits the narrative of your “differential” treatment narrative. They are handicapped by their choices, not their skin color.

You are aware that Appalachia has extremely high addiction, poverty, and incarceration rates? Hardly fits the narrative of your “differential” treatment narrative. They are handicapped by their choices, not their skin color.

Oh, I'm quite aware of the difficulties faced by my (literal) Appalachian cousins. I understand well the cycle of addiction, poverty, and incarceration.

There's a reason why they make movies about the people who escape from mountain shacks or inner city housing: it's rare. Yes, it requires hard work, goal orientation, and grit. But the less money you have, the more you have to rely on the stars aligning or pure luck or someone with a heart to help out.

I am waiting on you to make a semblance of a point

A black person that grows up in government housing, with 5 siblings all with different “fathers”, that chooses not to attempt to get an education at school, that chooses drugs and crime, that thinks the world owes them something, that has no regard for rules or rule of law, only has whitey to blame in the end. If whitey pays more they’ll make the most of it you just have to trust Bay or some other race hustling moron.

Sheesh I reluctantly call out white privilege* but 👆

Last edited:
A black person that grows up in government housing, with 5 siblings all with different “fathers”, that chooses not to attempt to get an education at school, that chooses drugs and crime, that thinks the world owes them something, that has no regard for rules or rule of law, only has whitey to blame in the end. If whitey pays more they’ll make the most of it you just have to trust Bay or some other race hustling moron.

Thank you for opening up; this has been very enlightening. I'd like to explore it a little more, if we could.

Do you remember when you first started to feel this way? What prompted you to begin to form these beliefs?

Oh, I'm quite aware of the difficulties faced by my (literal) Appalachian cousins. I understand well the cycle of addiction, poverty, and incarceration.

There's a reason why they make movies about the people who escape from mountain shacks or inner city housing: it's rare. Yes, it requires hard work, goal orientation, and grit. But the less money you have, the more you have to rely on the stars aligning or pure luck or someone with a heart to help out.

To be a millionaire? Maybe. To be able to walk into a community college, get a skill or professional license that pays enough to support a family? No. That is the problem with this entire discussion, success isn’t defined by social media. It’s defined by providing for your family and there is nothing holding anyone back from attending a community college or local university and learning a skill or trade. There are dozens of grants, loans, or organizations that available to minority students. I worked full time, went to school full time, and attended community college with no debt/paid for my tuition each semester. I had zero grants or help from my parents and had a 1.8 Hs GPA with nerve damage in my shoulder from baseball. The only thing stopping anyone else from doing that, other than an actual physical handicap, is motivation.

Reactions: dovervolz
Just wow. Hopefully no one here takes you seriously

VN Store

Back