That's racist!

I don't care to watch the NBA beat Ethiopian by 50. That doesn't make me proud. I would watch the college all stars though
it is easy to root for amateurs, pros not so much. why the Lake Placid miracle are others were so special. that said, I hardly watch any Olympic events any more.

it is easy to root for amateurs, pros not so much. why the Lake Placid miracle are others were so special. that said, I hardly watch any Olympic events any more.
Same here for me. Haven't watched nor care to watch any Olympics since liberals took over. How many men being allowed to be in women's event just bc they say they "feel" like a woman?

College players are essentially professionals now and many of the best high schoolers are as well....
Then how about the NCAA champion for that year. They aren't all going pro and I'll bet they can find their gold medal a year after they win it. I doubt Michael Jordan even knows where his is.

Then how about the NCAA champion for that year. They aren't all going pro and I'll bet they can find their gold medal a year after they win it. I doubt Michael Jordan even knows where his is.

What's the difference in a guy from UConn getting a 6 or 7 figure NIL deal vs NBA player?

Wouldn't it be NBA are paid to play...
And NIL is a round about pay to play by allowing them to sell themselves to businessness and not the university.

98% of NIL isn't actually name, image, and likeness monetization. It's putting in an intermediary to pay amateur athletes. For every Livvy Dunne who is monetizing her looks, you have a school like Texas committing to pay (through a collective) every OL and DL commit 6 figures to sign a nominal number of autographs under a NIL deal...

Reactions: whodeycin85
Same here for me. Haven't watched nor care to watch any Olympics since liberals took over. How many men being allowed to be in women's event just bc they say they "feel" like a woman?
People love to come on this forum built around sports and brag about how they don’t watch sports or know anything about them lol

MLK said not to judge a man’s character by the color of his skin..that is all they talk about and all that matters.

MLK was apparently a communist womanizer with a penchant for prostitutes. He also didn't write the "I have a dream..." speech. It was written by 2 of his Communist buddies that were under investigation by the FBI among others. So theres that. He was a good public speaker though. Very good at exciting listeners...of course so were Obama, Mussolini, Hitler etc.

For reference starts at 2:51

MLK was apparently a communist womanizer with a penchant for prostitutes. He also didn't write the "I have a dream..." speech. It was written by 2 of his Communist buddies that were under investigation by the FBI among others. So theres that. He was a good public speaker though. Very good at exciting listeners...of course so were Obama, Mussolini, Hitler etc.

For reference starts at 2:51

Putting MLK in a sentence with Mussolini and Hitler is dumb even for you, and that’s saying a lot

Y’all’s parents’ and grandparents’ generation

I'm well aware. I loved my grandparents, but they were bigoted people. I wouldn't call them racist but they certainly held views that could be called racist.

They were raised in a different time, no excuse, but phrases they used made me cringe. They never treated my African or Asian American friends differently but i always feared a slip of the tongue, though it never happened.

Two things happened late in their lives that I think changed their views and attitudes towards minorities, sorry if this is a little long but these are great memories I have and need to be told in this context:

My grandfather went to the grocery and when he came back out there was a note on his car. Turns out a Hispanic gentleman had backed his work van into the back of my grandfather's car, who kept his vehicles immaculate. There was a decent dent in the bumper and the gentleman gave his contact info. After they discussed it the other gentleman told my grandfather to take it to the dealership, get an estimate and he would cut him a check to get it fixed and apologized for hitting his vehicle.

You and I both know most people would have kept going and never thought twice, but this guy went out of his way to make it right.

The second happened with my grandmother: she went to that same grocery and dropped her wallet getting into her car. Just so happened an AA teen with his mother found that wallet and used the info inside to reach out and return it to my grandmother. There was $60 something in cash and a couple of credit cards, everything in it's place as she left it. She ended up giving the young man $40 in cash for returning the wallet to her.

I think sometimes things happen to us for a reason, both of these incidents happened with a couple of months of each other..... And shortly before they could no longer get out and do things for themselves. I think this happened to change their hearts or at least make them confront their ingrained, deep rooted prejudices. They didn't hate people of other colors, they had just been conditioned their entire lives to see them as less than equals........ They often used the term "off brands". I hate admitting that but it's important to speak truth. But I choose to believe that these things happened late in their lives in order to soften their hearts and confront racial prejudice.

I'm lucky, I grew up in a very diverse area of South Nashville, with friends of all backgrounds and ethnicities.

VN Store

Back