That's racist!

Believe that someone out there is keeping track of how many flagrants Caitlin “catches” 😂
That seems to me the only way to see if jealousy or other emotions are in play. Look at the data of how many flagrant fouls she catches and compare data to other seasons and other players.

Reactions: KptVFL
That seems to me the only way to see if jealousy or other emotions are in play. Look at the data of how many flagrant fouls she catches and compare data to other seasons and other players.
This was a common foul without unintentional contact above the shoulders, which is hardly a sign of jealousy

This was a common foul without unintentional contact above the shoulders, which is hardly a sign of jealousy
I am not discussing this foul. I am discussing the totality of flagrant fouls in a season. And if that data exists, comparison will be easy.

View attachment 649769
She went for the ball, like I said. Her quote was about not getting calls in the second half and the way it’s been framed by outlets like Barstool is insane

Lol that’s a favorable angle.

I watched the clips of her postgame on ESPN. Like I said - she’s lamenting not getting calls, then drops the line. Who is she referring to?

I am not discussing this foul. I am discussing the totality of flagrant fouls in a season. And if that data exists, comparison will be easy.
But that “measure of jealousy” would include instances like this that have nothing to do with jealousy

CC has handled all this with grace. Not saying you have claimed otherwise. Oh and she dominated today.
She would have less to handle if every foul didn’t become a right wing talking point to trash the league she’s in, and if every bad game didn’t come with a flood of bandwagon fans trashing her teammates, coach, etc. I feel bad for both players

Reactions: volfanhill
But that “measure of jealousy” would include instances like this that have nothing to do with jealousy
Don't be obtuse for the sake of argument. I have no desire to argue about feelings.

What I said....to see if jealousy or other emotions are in play...

Read it slowly and carefully. Come to a correct conclusion.

At the WNBA’s expense? Is the WNBA suffering from Caitlin Clark’s arrival?
The punchline of all of these discussions from the Dave Portnoy types is the same, which is essentially “we love Caitlin but the WNBA is trash and all the players are black lesbians who hate her for being white,” and yes those people are obnoxious and stupid

That’s not even a different angle, just a later still image (where she’s still looking at the ball, btw) after she went for the ball and missed. Both players and the refs all said it was unintentional
She wasn’t close at all to getting the ball. Of course Caitlin said that - what would you expect her to say?

If she gets fouled, it’s because all the players are jealous mean thugs and her teammates must also be jealous mean thugs because they didn’t start a brawl over it. If she has a bad game, it means her coach and teammates are trash and she should go play in a different league.

It’s exhausting, I would say I wish those people would stfu and watch the games but most of them aren’t interested in actual basketball

The punchline of all of these discussions from the Dave Portnoy types is the same, which is essentially “we love Caitlin but the WNBA is trash and all the players are black lesbians who hate her for being white,” and yes those people are obnoxious and stupid
Dave Portnoy doesn’t matter. Why would you care what that dude has to say?

Dave Portnoy doesn’t matter. Why would you care what that dude has to say?
Barstool and Outkick have a pretty large following and are largely treating a non-egregious foul as a race-based “assault.”

Hell, look at this thread and this forum. Basically every Clark discussion includes a bunch of people parroting those same talking points

Last edited:

VN Store

Back