The 2012 London Olympics Thread

Isn't he like a full half second faster than everybody on earth in the 200?

Something like that. He ran a WR 19.19 with a 0.3 m/s head wind at the 2009 worlds. The next all-time fastest all had tail winds and were between 19.26 and 19.63. His speed and stride combo is unreal.

Seriously? No live coverage of the men's 100m semis and finals this afternoon? I understand tape delaying the big events during the week when people are at work, but on a Sunday afternoon putting womens water polo on over the premier event of the Olympics is just stupid.

I was very pissed when there was no live coverage of this.

Absolutely fantastic. I had the NASCAR race on, but had gone outside to work on a few things for a bit during the middle of what was already one of the most boring races of the year, and apparently while I was outside the race got rained out because as I came back into the house and SC was blaring the results from the 100m final. I can't possibly overstate how much I HATE THIS EFFING TAPE DELAY!!!

The stream died right as they were introducing the sprinters for the men's 100M final... it was awesome.

Which was double fail for me as I was trying to watch the Men's Hammer Final as well.

Something like that. He ran a WR 19.19 with a 0.3 m/s head wind at the 2009 worlds. The next all-time fastest all had tail winds and were between 19.26 and 19.63. His speed and stride combo is unreal.

How does the headwind thing work when they turn 180?

Absolutely fantastic. I had the NASCAR race on, but had gone outside to work on a few things for a bit during the middle of what was already one of the most boring races of the year, and apparently while I was outside the race got rained out because as I came back into the house and SC was blaring the results from the 100m final. I can't possibly overstate how much I HATE THIS EFFING TAPE DELAY!!!
But if it wasn't for tape delay, you wouldn't get to see it at all.

US ladies come back from down 2-0 against Canada to win 4-3 2:30 into stoppage time after extra time

Alex Morgan gets the walk-off header

Amazing match.

And five goals by University of Portland alums in that match

Christine Sinclair's hat trick for Canada and Megan Rapinoe's clutch

US ladies come back from down 2-0 against Canada to win 4-3 2:30 into stoppage time after extra time

Alex Morgan gets the walk-off header

Amazing match.

assumed it was going to PK's and walked out the door to go to work

I hope they don't get so emotional about playing Japan in a rematch of the WC that they lose their focus

Did anyone realize that Rhian Wilkinson (Canadian women's soccer player) played her college soccer at UT? Great to see UT represented, but still pretty happy about the result in yesterday's match.

Did anyone realize that Rhian Wilkinson (Canadian women's soccer player) played her college soccer at UT? Great to see UT represented, but still pretty happy about the result in yesterday's match.

The Canucks are livid, those were a couple of questionable calls

US women's water polo goes into overtime with Australia at 9 all at the end of the 4th (US held a 2 goal lead until the very end)

...interesting set of events; the Australians got 2-3 final shots on goal, followed by what was essentially a penalty shot (the game tying score) because, with a second left in the game, the US coach called a timeout when his team didn't have the ball

Winner plays for the gold

Last edited:
US women's water polo goes into overtime with Australia at 9 all at the end of the 4th (US held a 2 goal lead until the very end)

...interesting set of events; the Australians got 2-3 final shots on goal, followed by what was essentially a penalty kick/throw (the game tying one) because, with a second left in the game, the US coach called a timeout when his team didn't have the ball

Winner plays for the gold

Was wondering what the hell happened, bet he feels golden.

VN Store

Back