The 2012 London Olympics Thread

This is the first Olympics with social media saturation.

That's not true at all. It's hardly saturated and as someone else said, 2010. Besides no one is making people get on twitter or FB. It's hardly something worth complaining about.

That's not true at all. It's hardly saturated and as someone else said, 2010. Besides no one is making people get on twitter or FB. It's hardly something worth complaining about.

I'm not. I really don't care about any of the events other than basketball and football anyhow. But I can see how it's become exponentially tougher to avoid knowing the results before the nbc tape delay

I'm glad the badminton players were kicked out. Throwing games is shameful and worthless, and looking only to beat easy competition is dirty and embarrassing, regardless of format. Good riddance.

Reactions: 1 person
The basketball team had some impressive numbers today. I don't care which Olympics team they were playing, the numbers are sick.

From 2 pt land: 30/37 - 81%
From 3 pt land: 29/46 - 63%

Wow who pissed off the Men's basketball team today?

I'd argue they pissed themselves off in the first half of the Tunisia game. Take the second half of that game and the entire game against Nigeria and you'd have to think they have found their groove.

Obviously, coach K was a victim of a Nigerian Bank scam. He took it out on their whole country.

Anybody see the German rower who left the games after reports of her bf being linked to a neo-nazi group?

It's funny that we celebrate Muhamed Ali, who is a member of the Nation of Islam, as a national hero; but the girl who likes bald guys in combat boots is apparently the scum of the earth.

Maybe I missed something, but I thought all racism was wrong?

NBC is doing it again, going to commercials during soccer. This time, Japan scored a goal against Brazil while we were watching commercials for some inane upcoming NBC sitcom.

VN Store

Back