The 2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi

I didn't know the Fins were so belligerent.

When your country is invaded unprovoked by another country about 100 times your size, you have either two options: roll over and play dead or fight with the utmost tenacity. Finns chose the second option apparently.

Reactions: 1 person
When your country is invaded unprovoked by another country about 100 times your size, you have either two options: roll over and play dead or fight with the utmost tenacity. Finns chose the second option apparently.

This. And that the Russians still claim Lapland.

Complete choke job in the last 4 minutes. They played not to lose. Momentum is with Canada heading in to OT.

Is it first one scores wins or do they have to play the whole 20 minutes?

Dooley-esque choke. Oh well. I think the men redeem us. Canada struggled with Latvia and we destroyed the Czechs.

That "slash" call in OT was atrocious, absolutely atrocious. That should never be called in that situation. With that said, that was a choke job of epic proportions in the last 5 minutes. We just stopped playing. That will live with the US ladies forever, unfortunately.

Still not feeling too confident about tomorrow. The US has been the best team in te tournament by far but it's Canada we're talking about. They're always super dangerous. That defense is insane.

The speed of the US will help them for sure.

You're welcome, the tactics they used were far superior to the Soviets. It also helps to have Simu Hayiha, or however you spell his name.

Really an amazing story, I had a period when the Winter and Continuation wars were all I read about for about 8 months.

Still not feeling too confident about tomorrow. The US has been the best team in te tournament by far but it's Canada we're talking about. They're always super dangerous. That defense is insane.

The speed of the US will help them for sure.

Best offense vs best defense. Should be the gold medal game.

VN Store

Back