The 2019 NFL Season Thread

I've always been on Dak's side. He's better than nearly every non-Cowboys fan gives him credit for, but even I don't think he's worth $30m*. IDK why, but I'm offended by his turning down $30m. I would have traded him and paid Zeke yesterday.

*to be fair, most QB's are not

I've always been on Dak's side. He's better than nearly every non-Cowboys fan gives him credit for, but even I don't think he's worth $30m*. IDK why, but I'm offended by his turning down $30m. I would have traded him and paid Zeke yesterday.

I think it's just a negotiation tactic. Dak ain't getting 40 mil. Likely he signs for about 33. Zeke on the other hand.....I think he will show up for the 2nd game with a new contract just north of 15 mil. Jones caves if Zeke is not there for week 2 ala Emmitt Smith.
If I were the Jones family, I would shop Zeke, pay Dak but not a long deal 3 years tops, pay Amari. Then work on my O-line and Byron Jones.

Dak is worth about $3.50

How many playoff wins he have? Any SBs?
Carson Wentz has never even played in a playoff game.

Since 2016, Prescott has had a better passer rating and TD-INT ratio than Wentz in the fourth quarter.

The Dallas QB has tossed 22 touchdowns to just eight interceptions late in games, while Philly’s signal caller has a 13-7 ratio. Prescott’s passer rating of 99.3 also gets the edge over Wentz’s 83.5.

Prescott also has double the number of fourth quarter comebacks (8) than Wentz (4), and has recorded 14 game-winning drives compared to just four for the Eagles QB. Prescott’s number of game winning drives in is the most in the NFL since 2016.

On top of all that he's never had a serious injury. So Philly fans want to help pay Dak's contract? They may want to think twice. And btw I hope they give Wentz a lifetime contract. Wonder how many seasons he finishes healthy?

Carson Wentz has never even played in a playoff game.

On top of all that he's never had a serious injury. So Philly fans want to help pay Dak's contract? They may want to think twice. And btw I hope they give Wentz a lifetime contract. Wonder how many seasons he finishes healthy?
The entire NFL hopes Dallas is dumb enough to pay Dak WAAAAAY more than he’s worth*. I wouldn’t give him Keenum (or Osweiler, Cousins, etc.) money. He sure as s*** doesn’t deserve to be a Top 5 (let alone Top 10) QB.

*Except that’d be terrible for the NFL. Rewarding a player for accomplishing nothing (worse than it already has). Would set a bad precedent. He’d be lucky to get $20 mil ( $25 is he’s lucky) from another team.

Last edited:
The entire NFL hopes Dallas is dumb enough to pay Dak WAAAAAY more than he’s worth. I wouldn’t give him Keenum(or Osweiler, etc.) money.

Dak's won 67% of his starts. The fact that he's a Cowboy screws with people's brains

Dak's won 67% of his starts. The fact that he's a Cowboy screws with people's brains
I don’t give a f*** what team he plays for. He’s an average QB. I get it, QBs get too much credit and not enough when it comes to winning %.

Rodgers
Brady
Ryan
Brees
Rivers
Big Ben
Mahomes
Wilson
Luck
Newton

That’s 10 right there I’d take before Dak.

Some more:
Watson
Mayfield

Hell, the NFL (a writer for NFL.com) has him ranked 18th. But yea, it’s a team bias.

QB Index: Patrick Mahomes leads year-end rankings

I don’t give a f*** what team he plays for. He’s an average QB. I get it, QBs get too much credit and not enough when it comes to winning %.

Rodgers
Brady
Ryan
Brees
Rivers
Big Ben
Mahomes
Wilson
Luck
Newton

Some more:
Watson
Mayfield

Hell, the NFL (a writer for NFL.com) has him ranked 18th. But yea, it’s a team bias.

Cool post. You said Osweiler

Rodgers
Brady
Ryan
Brees
Rivers
Big Ben
Mahomes
Wilson
Luck
Newton

Some more:
Watson
Mayfield

Thing is, half the 10 you listed will be retired in 3 to 5 years. Dak will be in his prime.

When the Colts cut Peyton in favor of Luck, they were probably expecting to have him until 2025

When the Colts cut Peyton in favor of Luck, they were probably expecting to have him until 2025
As they very well should’ve. If this is final for him and there’s no comeback in a year or two, this mars whatever legacy he had.

Reactions: volfanjustin

VN Store

Back