The 2019 NFL Season Thread

lol even more pain to be a Colts fan this week, worrying about them signing that clown - Id take up that Jags player and dump the season tix because of this for sure

Last edited:
He is a free agent who wasn't getting invites. The narrative now shifts and it will be one that says he isn't being signed anywhere because of his sexual preference.

When I got let go from my job 5 years ago, I tried to announce I was gay to drum up interest. It was weird 2 months later when I got a job when I had to say "Sike!"

Reactions: Knox-a-rue
When I got let go from my job 5 years ago, I tried to announce I was gay to drum up interest. It was weird 2 months later when I got a job when I had to say "Sike!"
That the sound you made when your boss cashed in?

Apparently you guys care. I doubt anybody other than the gremlins on the edge of the internet ever try to say he is being discriminated against

Apparently you guys care. I doubt anybody other than the gremlins on the edge of the internet ever try to say he is being discriminated against
Why is it newsworthy? I don't see them saying "Andrew Luck retires and confirms that he's a straight man".

Why is it newsworthy? I don't see them saying "Andrew Luck retires and confirms that he's a straight man".

Because i believe he is (one of) the only* football players to come out and it's a slow news cycle. Pats Fans Cheer Gordon's Return replaced it on the top ESPN stories. That's how slow the cycle is.

The story isn't for you. It's for people that feel like outsiders because of their sexuality

*did Sam make a roster?

He isn't in the NFL right now because of talent. The timing of this screams being done to garner attention and create the narrative that he isn't being picked up because of his sexuality. It shouldn't matter what his sexuality is, but he's going to make it about his sexuality.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Because i believe he is (one of) the only* football players to come out and it's a slow news cycle. Pats Fans Cheer Gordon's Return replaced it on the top ESPN stories. That's how slow the cycle is.

The story isn't for you. It's for people that feel like outsiders because of their sexuality

*did Sam make a roster?
No I don't think Sams made a roster

*did Sam make a roster?

I mean I get this, and I agree that if someone is gay/bi/whatever and wants to make it public to be a role model or whatever, that's fine. And yeah I get some are going to piss and moan about him doing this no matter what.

But I also get BearCat's point that the timing is very suspect. It reminds me of the gay NBA player a few years back. Now he personally may not be trying to make it about his sexuality, but certain areas of the media and probably his agent will.

VN Store

Back