The 2024 MLB Draft - Discussion Thread

It would be interesting to know the numbers of his NIL deal, but like I said before, there's almost no way that he's touching the number he turned down. No one is spending 7 figures on college baseball players that I've heard, so it's probably fractional, at best. Even $500k, while good money, is paltry compared to what he could've made if he was a guaranteed 1st rounder. And you're right, he's taking a big risk by going to school. He can maybe double, perhaps triple his slot value in 2 or 3 years, but he'd have to go top-10 to do it.

Yep. He’s definitely betting on himself to be Chase Burns. Which, he can certainly do it. He has the talent. But if he faces injury or if he has trouble adjusting to SEC hitters his stock could drop. I’d say it’s more likely he drops below the #22 pick than rise above it honestly, but good luck to the kid.

It’s definitely very good for the sport to have talent like that go to college. Less good for the teams that have to face him lol.

I still think he's 99% gone, but how far does Kavares have to fall for him to come back? Would still have leverage as a JR next year. Sucks he's missing out on so much $$$ dropping.
He was a junior this year by classification so coming back would be a big risk

Reactions: chuckiepoo
He was a junior this year by classification so coming back would be a big risk
I'm not sure what you mean. He's a redshirt sophomore so he'd still have leverage after next season. But I agree with Trippie he's gone even with the drop.

Yep. He’s definitely betting on himself to be Chase Burns. Which, he can certainly do it. He has the talent. But if he faces injury or if he has trouble adjusting to SEC hitters his stock could drop. I’d say it’s more likely he drops below the #22 pick than rise above it honestly, but good luck to the kid.

It’s definitely very good for the sport to have talent like that go to college. Less good for the teams that have to face him lol.
And there's always the possibility that he's just one of those bullheaded "Oh yeah? I'm gonna show you my value!" guys who will play with a chip on his shoulder just so the next time the major leagues assess his talent, he gets to rip deep into their checkbooks.

And there's always the possibility that he's just one of those bullheaded "Oh yeah? I'm gonna show you my value!" guys who will play with a chip on his shoulder just so the next time the major leagues assess his talent, he gets to rip deep into their checkbooks.
Thin line between Confident and just plain Cocky.

VN Store

Back