The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jancek and Willie Martinez are apparently tied at the hip. And there's no question UGA improved significantly after their fans forced Mark Richt to dump Martinez.

I don't see a problem with Martinez, our DBs are playing as well as can be expected and he is the second best recruiter on staff behind thigpen. No, I don't want to see Martinez at DC like UGA had him for awhile, but am fine with him where he is

I get this, but if Nate Peterman doesn't break his thumb and/or taken out ASAP after it happened against UF, and that weak ass PI against Coleman isn't called, UT is 5-1. Now, Idon't believe in moral victories. A loss is a damn loss. It sucks. It hurts. I don't think you can take the UGA and declare Butch is the answer. But it's at least somewhat obvious that Butch is going to make this program better and get it headed in the right direction.

There's a HUGE difference between getting it headed in the right direction and being a championship caliber coach. I've never really doubted he would be able to improve us and at least get UT up off the mat. Most everything I've seen this season had reinforced that feeling. However, I have yet to see anything that has convinced me we'll be winning the conference with him at the helm.

I get this, but if Nate Peterman doesn't break his thumb and/or taken out ASAP after it happened against UF, and that weak ass PI against Coleman isn't called, UT is 5-1. Now, Idon't believe in moral victories. A loss is a damn loss. It sucks. It hurts. I don't think you can take the UGA and declare Butch is the answer. But it's at least somewhat obvious that Butch is going to make this program better and get it headed in the right direction.

All that pass interference did is make it first down again. Without it, the winning TD gets thrown on 4th down rather than 3rd. It changed nothing.

The Vols probably win without the personal foul on 2nd down a play before, but I don't think I ever saw a replay of that one.

Question: Medlen threw 74 pitches Thursday. Why can't he go on three days rest?

There's a HUGE difference between getting it headed in the right direction and being a championship caliber coach. I've never really doubted he would be able to improve us and at least get UT up off the mat. Most everything I've seen this season had reinforced that feeling. However, I have yet to see anything that has convinced me we'll be winning the conference with him at the helm.

By no means am I 100% convinced but his recruiting alone should give you a little bit.

I don't see a problem with Martinez, our DBs are playing as well as can be expected and he is the second best recruiter on staff behind thigpen. No, I don't want to see Martinez at DC like UGA had him for awhile, but am fine with him where he is

I have no problem with Martinez either. My point was that, since Jancek and Martinez have moved around together so much, they probably share a lot of beliefs about how to do things defensively. Which does not necessarily bode well for Jancek as DC either.

By no means am I 100% convinced but his recruiting alone should give you a little bit.

I'm not going to count my chickens just yet on the recruiting. If our class still looks pretty close to what it is now on signing day, that'll do a lot if convincing in my mind.

I want to protect pitchers. I'm not advocating going out and doing what Milwaukee did with CC. But it's the playoffs! He can do it once or twice. Hell, with his bullpen experience, he should be good to go.

The bigger question. We used Avilan and Carpenter before we used Wood. So he's our fourth reliever. Instead of our Game 4 starter.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

There is no question that Wood struggled down the stretch. Also, Avilan and Carpenter should be used in front of him. That being said, I would still rather him or Hale start over Garcia.

Reactions: 1 person
There is no question that Wood struggled down the stretch. Also, Avilan and Carpenter should be used in front of him. That being said, I would still rather him or Hale start over Garcia.

This is my point. I know it's not a good situation for Atlanta. But going with the "veteran experience" option is silly.

dude is brutal. awful.

On Reddick's bunt attempt last night.

HR: "no problem with the bunt. Reddick's has been scuffling really bad awful late."

BK: "Reddick had a .380 OBP/.460 SLG in September."

HR: "He's been awful this postseason though."

BK: "He had five at bats before that at bat in two days against Scherzer and Verlander."

An idiot. How embarrassing

From a recruitment standpoint, this weekend was colossal. Our 3 top prospects at the game are either leaving late tonight or tomorrow. Nothing but positive vibes from VQ. I'll post an update in here when all the stories come out, but it seems it went very well in our favor this weekend. Drew Richmond, likely in the top 3 in terms of prospects in the state of TN next year, said we are now his top school (PFort). A lot of '15 recruits were here.

I'm not buying John Jancek as the DC.

After the improvements of the run game and the wideouts from the UF game, and the play calling, I'm sold on Bajakin.

The problem with that is that the UGA defense is JV level compared to Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back