The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some special kind of stupid going on over in the "bad rule" thread in the FF. Somehow these people can't get it through their head that the rules for possession in the endzone are vastly different than in the regular field of play. Seems as though they feel the "fair" thing to do would have been to give UT the ball back at the point of the fumble. I guess when we can't win under the actual rules of football, people just want to resort to changing them so we can.

For the record, I have never been classified as an optimist. Take that as a preface.

The 7ish-9ish minute mark of the butch jones presser video is awesome. He is biting his tongue to keep from saying that we're gonna ****in do this and you can tell he believes it with such conviction. This is what a coach looks like. This is how a coach acts. It's all beat into the ground and cliche and coach speak and whatever else, but Butch Stones is a leader of men, by god, and he will succeed. It won't be as soon as we all want it to be, and yesterday probably isn't as big of a leap forward as some think it is, but it's going to happen. Butch is going to win.

Reactions: 1 person
For the record, I have never been classified as an optimist. Take that as a preface.

The 7ish-9ish minute mark of the butch jones presser video is awesome. He is biting his tongue to keep from saying that we're gonna ****in do this and you can tell he believes it with such conviction. This is what a coach looks like. This is how a coach acts. It's all beat into the ground and cliche and coach speak and whatever else, but Butch Stones is a leader of men, by god, and he will succeed. It won't be as soon as we all want it to be, and yesterday probably isn't as big of a leap forward as some think it is, but it's going to happen. Butch is going to win.

I believe in Butch. I try not to lose sight of the fact that we almost beat Georgia yesterday with walk-ons playing significant roles. That's just unheard of for pretty much any other S E C team.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yea, and they will for sure use Kershaw tomorrow if we win. The kid has it in him tonight, I'm confident

BTW, I was at the game Friday night, so the internet on my phone was pretty spotty. Did Freak end up having to wear the Jimmy for a while or did you guys let him off the hook?

Being a leader of men might be necessary to being a championship-level football coach, but it is not sufficient. I need to see him actually win one of these games before I believe.

Being a leader of men might be necessary to being a championship-level football coach, but it is not sufficient. I need to see him actually win one of these games before I believe.

So if pig Howard holds onto the ball for a fraction of a millisecond longer, butch jones is the man for the job? Because he didn't, we should still be wait and see?

Bull****ing****.

I don't put an ounce of weight into moral victories. We lost yesterday and it sucks royally. We can agree to disagree on where we stand on butch jones, but that logic is stupid.

Reactions: 1 person
So if pig Howard holds onto the ball for a fraction of a millisecond longer, butch jones is the man for the job? Because he didn't, we should still be wait and see?

Bull****ing****.

I don't put an ounce of weight into moral victories. We lost yesterday and it sucks royally. We can agree to disagree on where we stand on butch jones, but that logic is stupid.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but pig Howard holding onto the ball a fraction of a second longer does not mean that we win. We were still going to have to stop then

This was different than a Dooley game. Dooley's teams managed to stay in the game despite his ineptitude. This team was in the game because of Butch.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but pig Howard holding onto the ball a fraction of a second longer does not mean that we win. We were still going to have to stop then

A bull**** penalty cost us 3 point on the first drive. Ref doesn't throw that flag, increases our chances of winning.

A bull**** pass interference on Justin Coleman set GA up nicely. Without that flag, we probably win.

There are a million different variables that goes into the outcome of winning and losing. Holding a win as the end all be all is stupid, especially when you're supremely outmanned, have players in the first year of a system, and a system that doesn't even fit them.

Games are not played in a vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back