The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flip to Neal. My God, the balls it takes to call something like that instead of a traditional power play. How does Bajakian walk?
Putting the ball in Worley's hands on the play action(?) on another 4th down, balls. Massive balls.

So if pig Howard holds onto the ball for a fraction of a millisecond longer, butch jones is the man for the job? Because he didn't, we should still be wait and see?

Bull****ing****.

I don't put an ounce of weight into moral victories. We lost yesterday and it sucks royally. We can agree to disagree on where we stand on butch jones, but that logic is stupid.

It makes as much sense as getting worked into a lather over what he sounded like at his press conference afterwards. You sound like Vollygirl.

We had two minutes to make a defensive stop to win the game. We didn't do it. We played several ranked teams down to the wire under Derek Dooley too, and every time people said it meant we were getting better; it never meant anything then. I see no reason to assume it means anything now unless and until we build off it. Beat South Carolina, or at least play the same way then that we did yesterday. Beat Missouri. Beat Auburn. Beat Vanderbilt. Do it on the field. The idea that you can tell anything from a press conference is laughable.

Reactions: 1 person
It makes as much sense as getting worked into a lather over what he sounded like at his press conference afterwards. You sound like Vollygirl.

We had two minutes to make a defensive stop to win the game. We didn't do it. We played several ranked teams down to the wire under Derek Dooley too, and every time people said it meant we were getting better; it never meant anything then. I see no reason to assume it means anything now unless and until we build off it. Beat South Carolina, or at least play the same way then that we did yesterday. Beat Missouri. Beat Auburn. Beat Vanderbilt. Do it on the field. The idea that you can tell anything from a press conference is laughable.

Haha.

As always, Brown and I have a fundamental disagreement, because Brown turns his nose up at mere "results" and "evidence." He can always just tell without relying on any of that pesky stuff.

Verc, brown; lets put our differences aside on this all important day. Let's come together in the support of our shared love for the atlanta braves. Today we must band together, not squabble in useless arguments. BEAT LA

Taking something away from a press conference is probably more viable than her analyzing Palardy's WKU game where he hit all his XP's and a FG and then stating that convinced her Jones was the man for the job. That was one of the most absurd things I've read on this site in quite a while.

But Verc, I'm with you. I won't fully be buying in until Jones either beats a team that matters or strings together a several week stretch of continuous improvement and solid performances.

Taking something away from a press conference is probably more viable than her analyzing Palardy's WKU game where he hit all his XP's and a FG and then stating that convinced her Jones was the man for the job. That was one of the most absurd things I've read on this site in quite a while.

All of us desperately want Butch Jones to be a championship-caliber coach. We just each have different thresholds for when we're willing to say, "All right; I've seen enough. I believe." For her, it was seeing Parady kick XPs. For others -- not just Brown but a lot of folks in the FF -- it's apparently a close game against GA and a press conference. I gotta see him win some conference games before I get there.

I'm not buying John Jancek as the DC.

After the improvements of the run game and the wideouts from the UF game, and the play calling, I'm sold on Bajakin.

All of us desperately want Butch Jones to be a championship-caliber coach. We just each have different thresholds for when we're willing to say, "All right; I've seen enough. I believe." For her, it was seeing Parady kick XPs. For others -- not just Brown but a lot of folks in the FF -- it's apparently a close game against GA and a press conference. I gotta see him win some conference games before I get there.

I get this, but if Nate Peterman doesn't break his thumb and/or taken out ASAP after it happened against UF, and that weak ass PI against Coleman isn't called, UT is 5-1. Now, Idon't believe in moral victories. A loss is a damn loss. It sucks. It hurts. I don't think you can take the UGA and declare Butch is the answer. But it's at least somewhat obvious that Butch is going to make this program better and get it headed in the right direction.

I'm not buying John Jancek as the DC.

After the improvements of the run game and the wideouts from the UF game, and the play calling, I'm sold on Bajakin.

Jancek and Willie Martinez are apparently tied at the hip. And there's no question UGA improved significantly after their fans forced Mark Richt to dump Martinez.

Anyways, let's talk Braves. I think JmfU needs a monster game for the win tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back