The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many what ifs for this damn game. But we can all agree fredi should not be the manager next year, right?

Let's see:

He can't manage a lineup
He can't rally a team
He can't manage a bullpen
His teams always play tight in big games
He doesn't defend his players

I personally liked it when Brian was steaming pissed on the first K and Fredi said nothing to the umpire because he's a damn chump with no balls.

Let's see. Would you rather have David Carpenter face Yaisel Puig, Juan Uribe, and Skip Schumaker, then go to Kimbrel for A.J. Ellis, David Van Slyke, and Carl Crawford...

or...

go with Kimbrel facing Puig, Uribe, and Schumaker, with Carpenter going against Ellis, Van Skyle, and Crawford...

There is no evidence that any MLB manager ever considers anything like this when deciding how to deploy their best relievers. The 9th inning is magical and they work back from there. All of them.

I hope Kimbrel goes above company lines and says something publicly about this.

Anything other than expressing a strong desire to have pitched the 7th and/or 8th would be a poor look for him. Can't throw your manager and teammate under the bus like that.

2011: Blew biggest wild card lead in baseball history to not make the playoffs

2012: Got beat at home by a team without its ace and was six games better than

2013: Got beat with HFA and didn't use his best pitcher in an elimination game

Anything other than expressing a strong desire to have pitched the 7th and/or 8th would be a poor look for him. Can't throw your manager and teammate under the bus like that.

You say something like:

"I told Fredi I could go two innings. I was fresh because I hadn't pitched in two days and told him I wanted the ball in that situation if it came to it. Obviously, he didn't feel that way."

There is no evidence that any MLB manager ever considers anything like this when deciding how to deploy their best relievers. The 9th inning is magical and they work back from there. All of them.

Joe Torre used Mariano Rivera 27 times for two innings in the postseason.

It's not like it's hard to call Kimbrel for six outs.

You say something like:

"I told Fredi I could go two innings. I was fresh because I hadn't pitched in two days and told him I wanted the ball in that situation if it came to it. Obviously, he didn't feel that way."

That would be acceptable, but I don't think that is the kind of statement you had in mind.

That would be acceptable, but I don't think that is the kind of statement you had in mind.

No. It sucks for Kimbrel because it looks like he is throwing Carpenter under the bus.

Either way, hopefully Frank Wren can't get the image of Kimbrel about to throw something through a wall in the top of the 9th out of his head.

Joe Torre used Mariano Rivera 27 times for two innings in the postseason.

It's not like it's hard to call Kimbrel for six outs.

No, but even then the thinking is to work back from the 9th. What I mean is that managers don't even appear to consider the other team's lineup. Getting beat by the middle of the other team's lineup in the 8th while saving your closer for the bottom of their order in the 9th is a completely standard MLB move. It's just more glaring when it happens in an elimination game.

I literally cannot remember a worse sports week.

I might take a couple days off from sports. This **** is not fun.

We all know what's going to happen anyways. Wren is going to talk about how Fredi did a great job winning the East and overcoming adversity and how the playoffs are a crap shoot. That Fredi deserves props for leading this team.

No. It sucks for Kimbrel because it looks like he is throwing Carpenter under the bus.

Either way, hopefully Frank Wren can't get the image of Kimbrel about to throw something through a wall in the top of the 9th out of his head.

It has Nothing to do with carp. It has all to do with kimbrel knowing he is the best And knowing he should be out there

The good news? I have the Lions and Pistons to console me. :/

I can't wait to ***** about Josh Smith all season.

Time to go in hockey mode early.

The good news? I have the Lions and Pistons to console me. :/

I can't wait to ***** about Josh Smith all season.

Time to go in hockey mode early.

I was gonna complain earlier bit i remembered i also root for Peyton and Lebron. Their teams are doing just fine.

I am crushed, even though I expected the worst. I'm still crushed. Kudos to Fred Garcia, you proved me wrong. Inexcusable to miss like that with 2 strikes, the outs were loud, BUT the final line was more than any of us could've asked for from him.

I do not understand why Kimbrel didn't pitch the 8th and then use carp in 9th or at least bring him in after the double. The best relief pitcher in the NL and top few in MLB never saw the field in an elimination game that was 3-2 in the 8th.

I won't even touch The 25$mil in salary that didnt play in Upton and Uggla (not that either earned it, their whole season has been bull****). I also don't know what to think about that likely Mac's last and and possibly Huddy's. what I would've given to have him pitching this game.

Last edited:
I am crushed, even though I expected the worst. I'm still crushed. Kudos to Fred Garcia, you proved me wrong. Inexcusable to miss like that with 2 strikes, the outs were loud, BUT the final line was more than any of us could've asked for from him.

I do not understand why Kimbrel didn't pitch the 8th and then use carp in 9th or at least bring him in after the double. The best relief pitcher in the NL and top few in MLB never saw the field in an elimination game that was 3-2 in the 8th.

I won't even touch The 25$mil in salary that didnt play in Upton and Uggla (not that either earned it, their whole season has been bull****). I also don't know what to think about that likely Mac's last and and possibly Huddy's. what I would've given to have him pitching this game.

I'll be pretty surprised if BJ doesn't rebound to at least be sort of okay next year. But Uggla's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back