The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned jerseys, so I thought I should throw the black ones in there as well, because I'm sure Kiffin's thought process behind wearing them wasn't vastly different than Jones wanting to wear grey. It's all an attempt to appeal to the younger crowd. The fact that it's an easy cash grab for the school to have an extra jersey to sell probably helps lighten any of the administrative opposition to wearing stuff like that too.

I absolutely agree with this.

Grey jerseys have nothing at all to do with any Kiffin conversation. I liked the black jerseys and i like the grey jerseys. Its the fact that he wasn't even selling Tennessee to recruits, he was showing them USC highlights. But the main reason i dislike Kiffin is the way he left. No heads up, not telling the team, the kids he "loved", bye. Just up and gone.

He definitely should have handled the actual team better, but that would have required USC to keep a lid on it for at least a day while he handled his business in Knoxville. Whether that was a possibility, we'll never know.

As far as the public stuff, I don't know how he could have done it any differently. Once it was public knowledge, he needed to get the hell out of Knoxville ASAP. It was bad enough as it was, but can you imagine what might have happened if he stuck around town for a day or two? For the most part our fans, like most other fanbases, are pretty good. But, all it takes is one idiot taking it WAY too far to make the whole fanbase look like a bunch of ignorant rednecks.

I find games like that trash that Denver and Dallas played last Sunday mind numbingly boring because you know by the second quarter you're just killing time till the end of the game when the team who has the ball last will win. Lower scoring games place a premium on teams being good at all three phases of the game, and that's why I prefer them.

Like I said though, if I'm going to continue following football, I may as well start building up a tolerance for games like that. We're not too far off from a 34-31 game like UT played last weekend being the new "defensive struggle".

Or lower scoring games mean perhaps both teams suck on offense, i.e. UT vs. Florida, 2013.

I'd rather watch the shootout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back