The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear it at work, unless i listen to Swain on my phone. I like Swain's show

I would listen to TSR if they had a signal that was strong enough that could reach all the way out to where I work the majority of the time. As it is, The Sports Animal is the only sports talk I can pick up that far (15 miles) outside of Knoxville, which has pretty much lead to me just not listening to sports talk anymore.

This is why, he lacks the mental acumen to actually bring intelligent analysis to anything so he prays on people that have IQs below 60 that get riled up over some bozo saying something on the radio. I'm sorry but if you aren't going to say something intelligent then you have no business being an analyst. The same goes for all the former players espn feels the need to give a job that can't even string together 2 words much less an entire sentence

That's just his show. He really is a good sports writer/journalist though.

I would listen to TSR if they had a signal that was strong enough that could reach all the way out to where I work the majority of the time. As it is, The Sports Animal is the only sports talk I can pick up that far (15 miles) outside of Knoxville, which has pretty much lead to me just not listening to sports talk anymore.

I have to listen on my phone, i like Swain and Treece and i think its Seth Smith or something? Lol

I have to listen on my phone, i like Swain and Treece and i think its Seth Smith or something? Lol

Since I do landscaping/lawn care, I don't really have access to any sort of Wifi the majority of the time I'm working, and I'm not about trying to suck up all that data listening over the network every day.

Since I do landscaping/lawn care, I don't really have access to any sort of Wifi the majority of the time I'm working, and I'm not about trying to suck up all that data listening over the network every day.

I feel ya, i do construction so im never around wifi either. I have unlimited data though.

I feel ya, i do construction so im never around wifi either. I have unlimited data though.

I was too late to the game for that. I held out forever waiting on the iPhone 5 before I ever got a smartphone, so I only have 3GB a month. That said, I use the network at all times aside from switching over to the wifi for downloading app updates, and I've never even gone over 2GB in a month.

I still hate him. Like Scotty said the other day, he was playing USC highlights in the Tennessee facilities. And it's not that he left, but how he left.

less in this thread than most places.

True. I guess I just can't work up a ton of anger at the guy, because honestly when I see him on TV, it just brings back memories of the fact that the year he was here in Knoxville was the only time since 2007 that being a UT fan has been even remotely enjoyable. Sure, the way he left was far from ideal, but it was really just a perfect storm of about 5 or 6 guys USC wanted more saying no thanks and it being Kiffin's dream to coach there. While a lot won't admit it, I think most people probably would have left for their dream job if it became available.

I still hate him. Like Scotty said the other day, he was playing USC highlights in the Tennessee facilities. And it's not that he left, but how he left.

The USC highlights is pretty bad. However, Jones is doing a lot of stuff with jerseys and traditions that are MAJOR departures from the Tennessee brand, and he's being hailed as hip, innovative and forward-thinking.

he isn't putting a ****in trojan on the helmet, my man. cornily (not a word) utilizing the mascot name to add a little more meaning to gray jerseys is innovative and different, yes. there are welcome changes and then there are mindless ones.

he isn't putting a ****in trojan on the helmet, my man. cornily (not a word) utilizing the mascot name to add a little more meaning to gray jerseys is innovative and different, yes. there are welcome changes and then there are mindless ones.

Neither was Kiffin. Simply throwing a mascot's name in front of a color doesn't make said color any more relevant to the football program. IMO, grey jerseys are as much a part of UT's brand as a trojan helmet or Kiffin's black jerseys, which is to say that neither have a place. At the end of the day, both guys were attempting to connect with kids and get them excited about UT football.

Change isn't bad, trying to make us USC east is pretty bad.

This isn't being snarky, it's a serious question... Would you still be airing these same complaints if Kiffin were still coaching and UT was in the running for the SEC title this year?

I only ask because the grey jersey's along the reaction to them, and the discussion this week about eliminating the band in favor of canned modern music at the stadium has led to me at least weigh the question in my mind whether winning is worth it if you have to sell your soul to make it happen. It's not like I actually think UT has fully done this yet, but it's a slippery slope once you start down that road.

i loved the black jerseys. i doubt that is what many folks have a problem with.

I mentioned jerseys, so I thought I should throw the black ones in there as well, because I'm sure Kiffin's thought process behind wearing them wasn't vastly different than Jones wanting to wear grey. It's all an attempt to appeal to the younger crowd. The fact that it's an easy cash grab for the school to have an extra jersey to sell probably helps lighten any of the administrative opposition to wearing stuff like that too.

This isn't being snarky, it's a serious question... Would you still be airing these same complaints if Kiffin were still coaching and UT was in the running for the SEC title this year?

I only ask because the grey jersey's along the reaction to them, and the discussion this week about eliminating the band in favor of canned modern music at the stadium has led to me at least weigh the question in my mind whether winning is worth it if you have to sell your soul to make it happen. It's not like I actually think UT has fully done this yet, but it's a slippery slope once you start down that road.

Grey jerseys have nothing at all to do with any Kiffin conversation. I liked the black jerseys and i like the grey jerseys. Its the fact that he wasn't even selling Tennessee to recruits, he was showing them USC highlights. But the main reason i dislike Kiffin is the way he left. No heads up, not telling the team, the kids he "loved", bye. Just up and gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back