The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, during a cardinals vs. Braves series. The genius was trolling this thread that has 3 mods in it and then started arguing with Verc in the cardinals thread

LOL. For all the nonsense and trolling he did over the years in the FF, it's funny that his undoing was actually in the baseball forum in a thread where the rules are far more relaxed.

Soccer's done for a while, the Red Sox/Tigers game is in the early innings, so I guess I'm off to spend a little while doing one of my least favorite things, which is picking up the leaves in my yard. They aren't that bad yet but with it forecast to rain the next couple days they could get out of hand by the weekend. I've figured out its MUCH easier to just pick them up about once a week than to let them all fall and try to get them then.

Why not just "catch" when you mow your grass while it's still growing?

Bb if you're gonna throw out the self righteous sanctimony at everyone who disagrees with you don't get you're Coochie hurt when someone throws one of your know it all quotes in your face. You're just like everyone else in one respect... In that you're not right all the time. It's the way you treat other people... Being dismissive of others opinions is what cements the general perception of your doucheosity. One day you'll learn, or you won't. But teaching a few 8th graders to back pedal no more qualifies you to evaluate talent than granny clampett

Granny-and-lou-holtz.jpg

Btw, looks like Pearson is all but committed.

Why not just "catch" when you mow your grass while it's still growing?

I've got a big commercial walk behind that I use for work and to mow my house, but I don't have the bag for it. It spreads the grass out well enough that nobody's really ever asked me to bag their yard. I've got a vacuum for leaves that I use, but use it for the main part of the yard before I mow. The grass wasn't really all that high today, and there weren't a lot of leaves in that part. There's hardly any grass in the part up by the swingset, and I've got a big commercial backpack blower which can make fairly quick work of that section. That's what I did this afternoon. I just try to keep the leaves from collecting too much in that part because if they get rained on and there's a ton of them out there, it turns into a nightmare to try and get them up.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 1
What exactly did the Hollywood couples discussion entail? Was it some sort of "Who's the Cutest Couple" debate, or was it just like this where people were posting pictures of women?

I forgot how it happened. I think I posted a picture of Blake Lively and mentioned something about her and Ryan Reynolds.

Way too long ago, lol.

Nobody hates him. It's just curious that there's a kid in the Braves' system who plays the very position the Braves need to fill most and who has been hitting the hell out of the ball, and yet the Braves haven't fast-tracked him at all. Either there's a reason for it or the Braves are stupid. We don't know which yet.

Exactly . . . Although, I don't know that it's that shocking that a 2nd baseman in the Braves organization with Dan Uggla's contract blocking him hasn't been fast tracked.

Exactly . . . Although, I don't know that it's that shocking that a 2nd baseman in the Braves organization with Dan Uggla's contract blocking him hasn't been fast tracked.

But it isn't blocking them from going and getting Elliot Johnson off the scrap heap?

But it isn't blocking them from going and getting Elliot Johnson off the scrap heap?

No, because they can throw Elliott Johnson in the offseason dumpster in no time flat and it's no skin off their nose. Plus . . . as I was arguing with Z . . . There's no way they put a guy with 300 ABs above high A ball on the September callup list, much less the postseason roster.

The guy either is a project at 2b, projects as an outfielder etc. something has kept him from flying up the ranks in spite of his bat.

No, because they can throw Elliott Johnson in the offseason dumpster in no time flat and it's no skin off their nose. Plus . . . as I was arguing with Z . . . There's no way they put a guy with 300 ABs above high A ball on the September callup list, much less the postseason roster.

The guy either is a project at 2b, projects as an outfielder etc. something has kept him from flying up the ranks in spite of his bat.

Sounds like trade bait to me. Jmo.

Apparently I've just never been paying attention, but after 20+ years of watching baseball, I just now noticed that the "D" on the Tigers helmets and jersey isn't the same. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back