The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Ben, I've got to ask, how often does a spinning back fist actually work? As a boxing fan, I've seen that move a time or two in MMA and always thought that you are just exposing the back of your head to destruction.

Not very often really, but i think when people do it, the opponent is usually thinking block or move, rather than hit them. Its works sometimes though. Seems like a month or 2 ago there was a KO by one

Yeah man I usually just do info. You're right though the way some people feel self inclined to be that emotionally involved I'm a teens life.. that sh** cray.

The real creeps are easy to spot but there's another level that exists over there that is crazy as well. I, probably against my better judgement, commented in the Elliot Berry thread when a guy started talking about him like he was a Christ like savior for UT football. He's a freaking 17 yr old kid, not the messiah.

Not very often really, but i think when people do it, the opponent is usually thinking block or move, rather than hit them. Its works sometimes though. Seems like a month or 2 ago there was a KO by one

I guess it's a pretty all or nothing move but it seems so high risk, low reward.

The real creeps are easy to spot but there's another level that exists over there that is crazy as well. I, probably against my better judgement, commented in the Elliot Berry thread when a guy started talking about him like he was a Christ like savior for UT football. He's a freaking 17 yr old kid, not the messiah.

Yeah I liked your post. I'm with you man. I think a lot of that is people ovet there are just looking for something/one to right the ship. That creates unrealistic expectations and sets themselves up for a massive let down. Kinda ridiculous at times

Don't necessarily disagree, but I would like to know what the argument was. If it didn't prominently feature the phrase "sacrifice flies" then I probably don't agree with it.

Basically said our boom or bust offense would likely not work in the playoffs because of the pitching we would face.

We have our terrible games, but for the most part we have hit the better guys pretty well this year. Our team wears a pitcher down, and will take a walk. Im more concerned with our decision maker, and how he would line up our pitching.

Yeah I liked your post. I'm with you man. I think a lot of that is people ovet there are just looking for something/one to right the ship. That creates unrealistic expectations and sets themselves up for a massive let down. Kinda ridiculous at times

I get you on that and don't disagree, I just wish they'd keep that sort of thing on the coaches who get paid millions to do that, not the high school kids who are just trying to play football.

You gotta fight till the ref steps in. He may not stop it, so you can't let up

Get that, just looks scary dangerous when he was stone cold out on the way down and he came in and gave him one real straight shot.

The first time Bigfoot fought Velasquez, Velasquez won with ease, he smothered and bloodied Bigfoot. I hope this fight doesn't follow that mold.

Also Spurs won in OT again, 3-0

Feel bad for Breazy and Scotty, Grizz should have had that one and gotten back in this series.

I get you on that and don't disagree, I just wish they'd keep that sort of thing on the coaches who get paid millions to do that, not the high school kids who are just trying to play football.

I agree, but with the access people have to the recruits with social media and the increased popularity in recruiting(more paricuarly the 17-25 year olds), it would be almost impossible to do. Also, our coaching staff really promotes social media, which I agree can help with recruiting, but only fuels the unrealistic expectations

Also, our coaching staff really promotes social media, which I agree can help with recruiting, but only fuels the unrealistic expectations

That part does really seem to be paying some dividends so it's hard to be critical of it but some of the side effects on the fan base are not too pleasant. Oh well, I guess it's just what it is, and will be, these days.

Ok Ben, right there is my point, someone teach that man to keep his left hand up in front of his chin and that never happens! I don't doubt that Cain might be a beast but that's about the most basic right hand shot ever.

Ok Ben, right there is my point, someone teach that man to keep his left hand up in front of his chin and that never happens! I don't doubt that Cain might be a beast but that's about the most basic right hand shot ever.

Cain is probably the best striker the UFC heavyweight division has ever seen and a world class wrestler, and Bigfoot is maybe the slowest ever lol. I agree, but Cain would have won anyways. He destroyed Bigfoot the first time they fought. Its harder to guard your face while also defending a takedown.

For the movie goers, my girl made me watch "The Life of Pi" tonight. I had terrible expectations, but its actually pretty good. Its in redbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back