The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cain is probably the best striker the UFC heavyweight division has ever seen and a world class wrestler, and Bigfoot is maybe the slowest ever lol. I agree, but Cain would have won anyways. He destroyed Bigfoot the first time they fought. Its harder to guard your face while also defending a takedown.

That's the part that is impossible to quantify about how much more difficult it makes defense in MMA against boxing but his left hand was hanging out a foot away from his face. Not doing anything effective on offense and damn sure not helping on defense.

That's the part that is impossible to quantify about how much more difficult it makes defense in MMA against boxing but his left hand was hanging out a foot away from his face. Not doing anything effective on offense and damn sure not helping on defense.

You're right, cant argue that lol

You're right, cant argue that lol

Just boxing 101, keep your off hand tucked up right on your chin. I know they don't have much padding in their gloves but I'd rather you break my hand than break my jaw.

Definitely the best coach in the game but I also think that a lot of this falls on Hollins in a bad way.

In the NBA there are are only a handful of difference-maker coaches. The rest are a bunch of largely interchangeable stiffs who might look all right most of the time, but who look silly when they go up against one of the good ones. Hollins is just a body, like most NBA teams have.

I am fairly shocked at the way this series has played out. Popovich is a genius.

What would be strengths or advantages for Memphis (namely youth) in this series have been negated by all the off days. Popovich is probably the best coach in the NBA as well, and the in season injuries to Parker and Ginoboli were possibly blessings in disguise. Fresher legs for the playoffs.

What would be strengths or advantages for Memphis (namely youth) in this series have been negated by all the off days. Popovich is probably the best coach in the NBA as well, and the in season injuries to Parker and Ginoboli were possibly blessings in disguise. Fresher legs for the playoffs.

Off days or no, Memphis is a rugged team that should have been able to beat up the Spurs some. The Spurs are three old guys and a bunch of role players. Popovich has just done a great job getting his guys into favorable situations. I don't know how much money he makes but it's nowhere near enough.

End of Watch is on Netflix now, whoever hasn't seen it, should definitely watch it.

And i just turned on the game, its 2-1 in the bottom of the 18th

I am NOT going to watch "Naked Nuns with Big Guns" tonight, regardless of how the bottom of this inning goes.

Lol me either, i don't plan to watch it at all lol. I am looking for a movie though...

No outs and the tying runner on 3rd in the bottom of the 18th....lol

If I were a Carolina fan and my coach had the infield back right now I'd probably climb down in the dugout and strangle him right there.

Tying run on 3rd with nobody out and they couldn't get him in. Despite the other team's coach CONCEDING THE FREAKING RUN IN THE 18TH INNING. Bummer.

For the movie goers, my girl made me watch "The Life of Pi" tonight. I had terrible expectations, but its actually pretty good. Its in redbox

This is gonna be my new Avatar. Keep saying I'll watch sometime and never will get around to it.

Spurs up 3-0? Sheesh.

Budenholzer is rumored to be the Hawks leading HC candidate. That'll have to wait a while.

Duncan took less to stay in San Antonio. Lebron took less to play in Miami. Interesting...

With all due respect, lebron did not take less to play in Miami. I don't know his contract figures but Florida has no income tax.

Off days or no, Memphis is a rugged team that should have been able to beat up the Spurs some. The Spurs are three old guys and a bunch of role players. Popovich has just done a great job getting his guys into favorable situations. I don't know how much money he makes but it's nowhere near enough.

Could not agree more with the first and last two sentences. Hang on, allow me to demonstrate my new message board function..

Leonard is a very good player. Apparently Danny green doesn't miss threes..which I would have laughed at anyone suggesting that before this series started.

Could not agree more with the first and last two sentences. Hang on, allow me to demonstrate my new message board function..

Leonard is a very good player. Apparently Danny green doesn't miss threes..which I would have laughed at anyone suggesting that before this series started.

Being a Caroina fan, I would consider myself to be as familiar and/or knowledgeable with Danny Green as anyone in this thread and I'm surprised how well he's played in the NBA. He was good at Carolina, but never the superstar or "go to" guy. He's certainly improved his three-point shooting as a pro, he's always had defensive ability, and he'll always have this:

gs-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back