The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
One hit in NY. Batting .163. 3K's tonight. He should be in prison for stealing all of that money on his contract. He can be cell mates with BJ.

3.65 million for this year is nothing by mlb standards for someone that has been an all star in the past 3 years and a gold glove.

It was over .300 three days ago. Everything about Heyward is still small sample sizes. He's going to be fine.

That swing still concerns me. It's long. It's got a hitch. And he ties himself up all the time. When's the last time you saw him pull a ball with any authority?

If they don't make roster move soon and drop a position player, Freidi is gonna have our whole staff on the DL. Having six relievers is in his head way too much.

What position player would you drop? Everyone on the bench has been solid.

With everybody reliable out, Fredi is going to have to be willing to go to Kimbrel with runners on in the 8th. Asking him to get four or five outs rather than three shouldn't be THAT big a deal, and tonight it might have been the difference between a win and a loss.

Then you start piling up innings on Kimbrel's arm in the first third of the season, with a five game lead in the division, and Craig ain't been exactly Craig this year, not many quick, clean innings. You can't take shots at Fredi for not running him out there for two innings at a time when you know you'd take shots at him for having pitched him too much after his arm fell off.

(You, being a general term, not YOU specifically.)

Then you start piling up innings on Kimbrel's arm in the first third of the season, with a five game lead in the division, and Craig ain't been exactly Craig this year, not many quick, clean innings. You can't take shots at Fredi for not running him out there for two innings at a time when you know you'd take shots at him for having pitched him too much after his arm fell off.

(You, being a general term, not YOU specifically.)

And you make up for it by not using him at all in anything that's not a tie or 1 run game. Use him only when the game is absolutely on the line. The Braves don't have a 7-8-9 progression anymore. They've got to use their one remaining great reliever only in the highest leverage situations. Throw saves out the window.

I respect that opinion, certainly, but Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson were about as good as you can be in a western. Both great films.

Its weird that last night i watched Hit & Run on Netflix, a character was in witness protection and changed his name to Charles Bronson and tonight you mention him. I don't recall ever hearing of him before

And you make up for it by not using him at all in anything that's not a tie or 1 run game. Use him only when the game is absolutely on the line. The Braves don't have a 7-8-9 progression anymore. They've got to use their one remaining great reliever only in the highest leverage situations. Throw saves out the window.

Bottom line is they have to get better results from the rest of the bullpen at present, or they have to trade for some help. Even if Kimbrel were to come in against the Blue Jays in the 7th inning of a 3-2 game to face Bautista, Encarnacion, and Arencibia, somebody else is still going to have to be able to record some clean innings against the bottom of that lineup.

Its weird that last night i watched Hit & Run on Netflix, a character was in witness protection and changed his name to Charles Bronson and tonight you mention him. I don't recall ever hearing of him before

You must have some kind of......

images

Death Wish is a great movie. Unfortunately, they didn't stop after the first one. The next 2 sucked, and I believe there was a 4th one, which I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back