The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a rather crazy idea. B.J. is a Brave for 5 years, so he's gonna be around regardless of how poorly he's hitting right now. We know what to expect out of Justin Upton. Hitch the wagon to him, get an extension done.........

and trade Heyward for pitching help.

Heyward is 23 and has more potential on the team than anyone. That's crazy. No offense.

Certainly not a popular idea, and quite possibly a dumb one. But I don't think they'll be able to extend all of Justin, Heyward, and Freeman. Of those three, which two would currently merit a better and/or long-term contract?

The Braves have one player locked up through 2015, and that's B.J. Upton. The money will be there.

Two crazy Spurs/Tim Duncan facts.

Not including strike years, the Spurs have won 50 games EVERY YEAR since Tim Duncan was drafted by them.

The Spurs have won 70% of the games in which he has played in. Only player has a better winning percentage: Bill Russell

I'll never forget you said that. EVER.

In my defense, Gattis had been scuttling a little, Mac was coming back, he was the only player with options, and I wanted him to get starting catching experience to become the starter in 2014.

Of course, he shoved it in my face and got hot again.

Heyward's walk rate is up, his K rate is down, his LD% is up, and his FB% is up. His BABIP is .183. His FB/HR rate is down 12% and is currently 7% right now.

Jason is perfectly fine.

He's been a 5 WAR player at age 20 and age 22. He's played 30 games this year and we are already dogging him?

Player A has a .307.372/.460 line 4 HR 13 RBI and 4/11 on SB. Currently 4th in offensive WAR at 2.6

Who? Gerardo Parra

WAR can be overrated.

Evan Gattis is only 2 Home Runs off the NL HR lead despite limited playing time. Hell, he has 3 or 4 doubles that hit 3/4 of the way up the wall and one ridonk foul down the line that missed by a foot. This dudes power is off the charts.

Player A has a .307.372/.460 line 4 HR 13 RBI and 4/11 on SB. Currently 4th in offensive WAR at 2.6

Who? Gerardo Parra

WAR can be overrated.

We are talking two months of baseball compared to two years for Jason.

WAR isn't overrated when used properly.

Jason's a damn good baseball player. He's had a bad start to the season. He did the same thing last year and caught fire.

Again, he's 23.

People are overreacting to him. His peripherals (that I posted earlier) are even better than last year. He has a .183 BABIP while having a 20% LD rate. That's rare. He's having extremely bad luck. He's fine.

Evan Gattis is only 2 Home Runs off the NL HR lead despite limited playing time. Hell, he has 3 or 4 doubles that hit 3/4 of the way up the wall and one ridonk foul down the line that missed by a foot. This dudes power is off the charts.

Had he played college ball at TAMU, he would have been a top 5 pick IMO. Obviously, I'm happy with the way it worked out.

In my defense, Gattis had been scuttling a little, Mac was coming back, he was the only player with options, and I wanted him to get starting catching experience to become the starter in 2014.

At the time he was 2 ribs away from leading the team in that category. For future reference Young Jedi, NEVER EVER talk of sending down your team's top RBI threat. Not smart baseball.

I think spot starts and late favorable pinch hitting matchups are perfect for Gattis. No need to be greedy.

Heyward is 23 and has more potential on the team than anyone. That's crazy. No offense.

He's been a 5 WAR player at age 20 and age 22. He's played 30 games this year and we are already dogging him?

All I meant was that I hope said potential, which I agree he has, turns into a high level of production. His production hasn't been too great this year. I'm not saying he is a bust and should be traded for a bullpen arm. I'm not dogging him. Just saying I hope he becomes the player he has the potential to be.

We are talking two months of baseball compared to two years for Jason.

WAR isn't overrated when used properly.

Jason's a damn good baseball player. He's had a bad start to the season. He did the same thing last year and caught fire.

Again, he's 23.

People are overreacting to him. His peripherals (that I posted earlier) are even better than last year. He has a .183 BABIP while having a 20% LD rate. That's rare. He's having extremely bad luck. He's fine.

At least he just had a productive out.

All I meant was that I hope said potential, which I agree he has, turns into a high level of production. His production hasn't been too great this year. I'm not saying he is a bust and should be traded for a bullpen arm. I'm not dogging him. Just saying I hope he becomes the player he has the potential to be.

Fair enough.

People keep forgetting he's 23. Look at Justin Upton. He still hasn't figured it out and he's 25. It takes time. Baseball's a very hard game. It's not basketball or football. Adjustments are made all the time. Jason will be fine. I expect something like a .260/.350/.480 line with great defense and baserunning this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back