The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual numbers on DRS and UZR mess with me. The positive/negative as well as the counting stat of runs saved just don't click with me all the time. It didn't take me too long to end my mini-crusade on WAR as an end-all.

He is among the best receivers of throws I've ever seen at first. If there's a catastrophically huge number of balls shooting through the right side that he's not getting to, I haven't noticed it.

I remain heavily skeptical of advanced defensive metrics in general. It wasn't that long ago that everyone agreed that they were interesting but hardly definitive. Then it was like all of a sudden all the stats guys collectively shrugged their shoulders and said, "Eh, they're good enough," and all the skepticism stopped. Now they show sometimes show things like "defensive runs saved" on ESPN, which I think is ludicrous.

Not once have I said to myself, "J.T. Snow would have made that play."

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that both Hudson and Maholm individually make more than minor medlen and Julio combined.

Radio guys talking about Gattis' BP today, say he hit one, conservatively, 480' over the Budweiser sign in LF.

Soon.

Bold prediction: later in this game, andrelton simmons will pop out to left as the tying run because Fred wouldn't use McCann to PH

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back